Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2012, 14:56   #391
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: KA-03
Posts: 469
Thanked: 48 Times
Default re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

I do not think any one should buy these number plates now (as HSRP plates), since the security features need to be incorporated and actually procured from RTOs. These companies will supply to RTOs.
Yes, if you feel they look good, you can buy them at a cost now, but buying them thinking that you need not get HSRP from RTO is not correct.
Here is a picture of a poster which I found in a number plate shop. They were advertising for these plates, but clearly mentions the difference.
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-hsrp.jpg  

sriturl is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2012, 21:59   #392
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,560
Thanked: 1,169 Times
Default re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
I do not think any one should buy these number plates now (as HSRP plates), since the security features need to be incorporated and actually procured from RTOs. These companies will supply to RTOs.
Yes, if you feel they look good, you can buy them at a cost now, but buying them thinking that you need not get HSRP from RTO is not correct.
Here is a picture of a poster which I found in a number plate shop. They were advertising for these plates, but clearly mentions the difference.
Ideally, It must be purchased through RTO only as there is a unique identification number. In RTO it can be ensured that this is unique. There is a greater chance of corruption if privatized. And yes as discussed in previous posts, Smart Number plates are different from HSR Plates.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 17:00   #393
Senior - BHPian
 
motomaverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,835
Thanked: 864 Times
Default Re: New Number Plates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Hey the googled image was far from the one I saw. Somehow we see something and remember something completely different. I've been seeing more and more of these plates lately and they look like the image below. I drew this from memory and its 90% accurate. I don't know if I've missed any small logos or other details. But I love these and don't think they're flashy at all!
Any answers on what these type of plates mean? I need to get a new set done since one of them broke in an accident and hence, thought will go with these type but i am not too sure what you call them HSRP itself?
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2012, 09:31   #394
BHPian
 
informmaha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Banglore/Madras
Posts: 218
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: High Security Number Plates - Coming soon to Chennai in April

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Existing vehicles must comply within two years
Well in irony to this, there was a news in "The Hindu" on Feb 15 2012, which states that the old vehicles should have the new HSRP by Jun 15. Here is the link of the same. A quote from the article is as below.

“All States, therefore, are mandated to fully implement the scheme of fixation of HSRP in their entire State, positively by April 30 for new vehicles and by June 15 for old vehicles.”

If they had said this, they should also mention clearly where these should be done in order to overcome confusions and no one knows who's the authorized people to do them as well.

The Hindu : News / National : Ensure high-security number plates by June 15 or face contempt: SC to States
informmaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2012, 09:43   #395
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 7,021
Thanked: 3,563 Times
Default re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
..... There is a greater chance of corruption if privatized. And yes as discussed in previous posts, Smart Number plates are different from HSR Plates.
Yes indeed. With the RTO you know you will have to make umpteen visits and pay under the table. By an large the privater sector is far more efficient and honest, all the sturm und drang of the RTO (and PSU) employees and local papers notwithstanding.

The Meghalaya model can be a good one, and can be easily adapted. New cars you get your final papers from RDSO only when you have a slip from the franchisee(s). Old cars can be similar, get the slip and then RTO endorses it.

In Kolkata I hear that the dealers are coordinating.

Try and visit the RTO at Kanpur and you will be lucky if you only end up pulling your hair out, and with no damage to your vehicle.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2012, 09:48   #396
Senior - BHPian
 
rameshnanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 798 Times
Default Re: High Security Number Plates - Coming soon to Chennai in April

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
Well in irony to this, there was a news in "The Hindu" on Feb 15 2012, which states that the old vehicles should have the new HSRP by Jun 15. Here is the link of the same. A quote from the article is as below.

“All States, therefore, are mandated to fully implement the scheme of fixation of HSRP in their entire State, positively by April 30 for new vehicles and by June 15 for old vehicles.”

If they had said this, they should also mention clearly where these should be done in order to overcome confusions and no one knows who's the authorized people to do them as well.

The Hindu : News / National : Ensure high-security number plates by June 15 or face contempt: SC to States
Thanks for the news.

But, in my opinion it would be highly impossible to complete the exercise within Jun 15. From what I know, the plates will be fixed at the RTO itself. If that is the case, how would the RTO's handle such a large volume of existing vehicles?
rameshnanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2012, 10:58   #397
BHPian
 
informmaha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Banglore/Madras
Posts: 218
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: High Security Number Plates - Coming soon to Chennai in April

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Thanks for the news.

But, in my opinion it would be highly impossible to complete the exercise within Jun 15. From what I know, the plates will be fixed at the RTO itself. If that is the case, how would the RTO's handle such a large volume of existing vehicles?
Yes..exactly even my question..Already there are many stickering shops out there who say they are authorized to do this. I think the RTO should assign some agencies to split up the work to cater to the Jun 15 deadline, else its going to be next to impossible for doing this assignment. Else it would be 1 more law that would have been made and not followed as many others..
informmaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2012, 16:59   #398
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,560
Thanked: 1,169 Times
Default re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Yes indeed. With the RTO you know you will have to make umpteen visits and pay under the table. By an large the privater sector is far more efficient and honest, .
I agree that we would have to make umpteen visits, But the corruption factor is more in Private. There is a good chance that Private agencies may sell the same number plate to two different people. Loopholes are always found out in India to overshadow the rule.

This is synonymous with your mobile phone number being shared with anonymous / unsolicitied callers / messagers. You may not want your personal details shared with others.

I personally prefer provacy to multiple vists and at the very least, I could entrust this work to an agent / dealer and pay him whatever charges / bribes needed.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 16:40   #399
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ............
Posts: 3,261
Thanked: 4,194 Times
Default re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Today, personally visited the manufacturer of embossed smart registration number plates near HAL Airport Road and got a pair for my son's RE Classic 500 black costing Rs 450 with a set of 4 anti-theft screws. The manufacturing unit has shifted to a new premises near the old one at 800/34A, 1st floor, Portion B, Annayya Reddy Garden, Konena Agrahara, HAL, Bangalore - 560 017. Their new telephone number is 8088920107.
J.Ravi is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2012, 14:56   #400
Senior - BHPian
 
black12rr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ridin earth now
Posts: 1,258
Thanked: 271 Times
Default re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Today, personally visited the manufacturer of embossed smart registration number plates near HAL Airport Road and got a pair for my son's RE Classic 500 black costing Rs 450 with a set of 4 anti-theft screws. The manufacturing unit has shifted to a new premises near the old one at 800/34A, 1st floor, Portion B, Annayya Reddy Garden, Konena Agrahara, HAL, Bangalore - 560 017. Their new telephone number is 8088920107.

Thanks Ravi , it was little difficult to get the place,but not that hard.For any one going ,the land mark is "Family mall" ,the name is "ESHAN enterprises" .They gave the plates in 10 minutes .
black12rr is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2012, 15:01   #401
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 7,021
Thanked: 3,563 Times
Default re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Now even UP is starting. From Ghaziabad and then diffuse to other cities. Shimnit Utsh are the concession holders (at least in Ghaziabad).
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2012, 15:57   #402
BHPian
 
kap04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 167
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr

Thanks Ravi , it was little difficult to get the place,but not that hard.For any one going ,the land mark is "Family mall" ,the name is "ESHAN enterprises" .They gave the plates in 10 minutes .
How much they charge for getting it done for the car?
kap04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2012, 16:20   #403
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ............
Posts: 3,261
Thanked: 4,194 Times
Default re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
How much they charge for getting it done for the car?
They supply the plates and we have to do the fixing ourselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Today [i.e., on 16 June 2011], I personally visited N K Impex located near Rajeshwari theatre and Family Mall off Old Airport Road, Bangalore and bought embossed smart registration number plates for my FIAT Linea. A set of two embossed plates costs Rs 850 and a set of two plastic frame costs Rs 500. I paid Rs 1350 for both. I preferred the frames which circumvent drilling holes on the plates.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 21st March 2012 at 16:25.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2012, 16:37   #404
Senior - BHPian
 
black12rr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ridin earth now
Posts: 1,258
Thanked: 271 Times
Default re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
How much they charge for getting it done for the car?
900 for a pair of car plates .They give the plates you install DIY style .
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2012, 16:54   #405
BHPian
 
ssh1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 395
Thanked: 106 Times
Default re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

^^ Am not sure I follow. You mean the HSRPs, the government authorised (to be supplied by RTOs) can be directly procured from the govt. approved manufacturer?
ssh1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IND-style Number Plates : Movell Captain Slow Other Cities 45 13th July 2017 08:57
New colour code for registration plates ?? salilpawar1 The Indian Car Scene 20 1st December 2014 13:24
Deadline of High security Number Plates (DELHI/Kerala/Manipur - 31st Dec 2011) Irish The Indian Car Scene 32 19th March 2013 11:45
High Security number plates in Chandigarh from 1 August Randhawa The Indian Car Scene 26 6th August 2011 02:05
High security plates S350L-E240 The Indian Car Scene 4 14th June 2004 15:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:37.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks