Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2012, 09:58   #436
Senior - BHPian
 
motomaverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,835
Thanked: 864 Times
Default re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
It is available in a lot of places now. I talked to one mechanic near the Cantonment area in Bangalore and he said the plates would cost Rs 1200 for a pair. He says that the plates are made in a single place which nobody knew about and that they were just agents.

But I fail to understand in that case how the lettering size could vary. Yesterday I saw a swift with really small lettering and his plates were HSRP complete with the hologram too! Only his front plate was small, his rear plate was of the standard size. So not sure what or whom to believe here.
Dont think those will be HSRP number plates, as mentioned HSRP plates will have the RC book code encoded and that has to be done by the RTO, the ones you saw were probably made local. I have those embossed plates with IND all over it, its done at one place in Bangalore near Kodihalli. All these auto accessories shop get it done there for an extra charge.
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 10:03   #437
Senior - BHPian
 
addyhemmige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore/Hassan
Posts: 1,549
Thanked: 465 Times
Default re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post

But I fail to understand in that case how the lettering size could vary. Yesterday I saw a swift with really small lettering and his plates were HSRP complete with the hologram too! Only his front plate was small, his rear plate was of the standard size. So not sure what or whom to believe here.
I am sure this person was using a plate made for a bike. Even one of my friends has the same on his swift.
addyhemmige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 10:50   #438
BHPian
 
triedeverything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 492
Thanked: 162 Times
Default re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Dont think those will be HSRP number plates, as mentioned HSRP plates will have the RC book code encoded and that has to be done by the RTO, the ones you saw were probably made local. I have those embossed plates with IND all over it, its done at one place in Bangalore near Kodihalli. All these auto accessories shop get it done there for an extra charge.
How much did it cost you? Did you get it done at this Kodihalli place? It would help if you could you share the exact location and address.
triedeverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 10:57   #439
Senior - BHPian
 
motomaverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,835
Thanked: 864 Times
Default re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
How much did it cost you? Did you get it done at this Kodihalli place? It would help if you could you share the exact location and address.
I got it done at a neaby car shop as going there you need to make some time.

This place is near the Total mall, there is one cinema hall you need to take the gulli besides it. Sorry mate my memory eludes me on the exact address or the shop name.
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 11:19   #440
BHPian
 
aditya@pune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Muz-Pune,
Posts: 80
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post

But I fail to understand in that case how the lettering size could vary. Yesterday I saw a swift with really small lettering and his plates were HSRP complete with the hologram too! Only his front plate was small, his rear plate was of the standard size. So not sure what or whom to believe here.
Yes he is right, UTSAV is the only authorized company in INDIA to make this.
My Guess: He might have taken front one which is allowed for bike and rear one was the normal one which is aproved for car.

I think we should wait and get it done only when RTO approves it.
aditya@pune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 11:40   #441
BHPian
 
hrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 855
Thanked: 273 Times
Default re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
It is available in a lot of places now. I talked to one mechanic near the Cantonment area in Bangalore and he said the plates would cost Rs 1200 for a pair. He says that the plates are made in a single place which nobody knew about and that they were just agents.

But I fail to understand in that case how the lettering size could vary. Yesterday I saw a swift with really small lettering and his plates were HSRP complete with the hologram too! Only his front plate was small, his rear plate was of the standard size. So not sure what or whom to believe here.
Putting 2 wheeler size number plate on a car is illegal. I am sure the small font plate in the rear would have been made by stamping the 2 wheeler font size on a 4 wheeler steel plate. I have seen on of this too. It is definitely illegal in terms of correct size.
hrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2012, 07:35   #442
BHPian
 
triedeverything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 492
Thanked: 162 Times
Default re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
It is available in a lot of places now. I talked to one mechanic near the Cantonment area in Bangalore and he said the plates would cost Rs 1200 for a pair.
Apologies. I read the whole thread and looks like we'll have to wait for an announcement from the RTO to get this fixed. You can still get the IND plates, but remember, once this is implemented, you'll have to get them done again. Its better to wait.
triedeverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 20:59   #443
BHPian
 
Y@SH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 374
Thanked: 347 Times
Default re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Source: CARTOQ

HSRP now mandatory, starting from delhi. HSRP prices are Rs. 69 for a two wheeler, Rs. 86 for a three wheeler and Rs. 214 for a four wheeler.
Y@SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2012, 18:11   #444
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,758
Thanked: 3,355 Times
Default re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

So I got my HSRP installed on my Skoda Superb yesterday at Haldwani, Uttaranchal. Here's how they look and feel -

Name:  Skoda Superb HSRP Front Plate 1.jpg
Views: 12989
Size:  157.5 KB

The holographic Security Sticker attached on the Front Windshield

Name:  Skoda Superb HSRP Sticker 1.jpg
Views: 13303
Size:  133.1 KB

Total job took less than 10 minutes to install. They were fitted in the existing screw mounts BUT as the security rippet was of a larger diameter, the holes had to be enlarged by a drill. The RC was handed only after the plates were installed and the unique number of each HSRP was printed on the RC too.

Total cost charged was 485/-. Vendor was Utsav.

Last edited by dkaile : 22nd May 2012 at 18:35.
dkaile is online now   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2012, 19:43   #445
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,559
Thanked: 1,169 Times
Default re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
HSRP now mandatory, starting from delhi. HSRP prices are Rs. 69 for a two wheeler, Rs. 86 for a three wheeler and Rs. 214 for a four wheeler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
So I got my HSRP installed on my Skoda Superb yesterday at Haldwani, Uttaranchal. Here's how they look and feel -

The holographic Security Sticker attached on the Front Windshield
I wish they mandate it all over india. This would reduce car thefts to a great extent. Its pretty economic too. I mean an average 2wheeler / 4wheeler buyer can afford the same.

The could at least offer an option to those who are interested. If Available I would go ahead and get the same irrespective of whether its mandated or not
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2012, 23:20   #446
BHPian
 
infotech58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 629
Thanked: 216 Times
Default re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
The holographic Security Sticker attached on the Front Windshield
any idea on whether and how they will re-issue the security sticker for windshield in case one has to replace the windshield?
infotech58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2012, 00:37   #447
Senior - BHPian
 
cityvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CCU | PHL
Posts: 1,691
Thanked: 2,552 Times
Default re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
any idea on whether and how they will re-issue the security sticker for windshield in case one has to replace the windshield?
One can normally take out the sticker and paste the same back on the new windscreen or whatever.

I had done the same when my Silver Civic had got tints fitted after getting the No Plates punched.
cityvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2012, 09:11   #448
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,758
Thanked: 3,355 Times
Default re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
any idea on whether and how they will re-issue the security sticker for windshield in case one has to replace the windshield?
There is a official procedure to re-apply for HSRP in case of damage to the plates or the sticker but one will need to go back to the RTO to get that done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
One can normally take out the sticker and paste the same back on the new windscreen or whatever.
Right now the enforcement procedure for HSRP is non existent and it will take at least 5 to 10 years for proper implementation of this policy. Till then it's a free ride for everyone. My only boundation to install the HSRP's was that they were not releasing the RC book without it's installation. No one is really checking whether the sticker is stuck or not, as of now.
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 19:08   #449
Senior - BHPian
 
rameshnanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,218
Thanked: 793 Times
Default re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Does anyone know where can I get the Number Plate frames (plastic) in Chennai? I am trying out hardly for the last 2 weeks but, no luck. I tried at some of the major number plate guys at GP Road as well.
rameshnanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 19:08   #450
BHPian
 
adityasiera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 251
Thanked: 201 Times
Default re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

It seems the policy is not at all enforced in hyderabad. I got my Brio registered and the showroom folks delivered the standard(plastic number plates with black stickers) at home.
adityasiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IND-style Number Plates : Movell Captain Slow Other Cities 36 5th May 2017 23:39
New colour code for registration plates ?? salilpawar1 The Indian Car Scene 20 1st December 2014 13:24
Deadline of High security Number Plates (DELHI/Kerala/Manipur - 31st Dec 2011) Irish The Indian Car Scene 32 19th March 2013 11:45
High Security number plates in Chandigarh from 1 August Randhawa The Indian Car Scene 26 6th August 2011 02:05
High security plates S350L-E240 The Indian Car Scene 4 14th June 2004 15:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks