Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 18th May 2007, 01:29   #61

i just saw the green-ish colored one in bull temple road with one guy smoking inside it. the car sure is big but when i was driving from far, i saw it and said to myself " whats this dude done with his u-va", they looked similar from far. from close it is slightly bigger though.
couldnt manage pics coz by the time i switched off the damn window lock in my swift(put on earlier by mistake - once locked even driver cant operate any windows but his and this car was to my left) the car had gone away.
I was wondering what'll be the price of this car and will the engine be that good.. any idea folks??
carjinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2007, 13:22   #62
Senior - BHPian

I spotted a sky blue colur Skoda Fabia being tested on KH road en route to my office yesterday morning. This means they are testing multiple of them, as the oft seen one is of "rally blue" colour. This one too had an MH registration. Unfortunately, I do not carry a mobile which has a camera.
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2007, 13:54   #63
Senior - BHPian

wen will this beast come in town anyone any idea?
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2007, 14:11   #64
Senior - BHPian

There was an interview of someone from Skoda India in the last month's issue of ACI. According to him, you can expect Fabia by this year end or early next year. Apparently they are exploring possibilities of localisation and hence this delay. There was another small article which said that their dealers in India, who were invited to the launch of Fabia at Czech Republic were of the opinion that Skoda should not price it anywhere above 6l as they will find it really difficult to sell it then.

Also, the person whom ACI interviewed said that they were planning to price it in such a way that people will not think of Swift as a competitor to Fabia. Taking these two things in mind, I have a feeling that Skoda will price it somewhere near 5.5l for the basic version.

Also, the same person, in his interview, said that even Volkswagen will be involved in the pricing of Fabia. This might be because VW might have plans of bringing in Polo some time later. Fabia will have to be priced less than Polo.

When I spotted the Fabia yesterday, I had a chance to look at it sidewards and it indeed looks like an elongated Swift in that angle. The front of course, looks like Skoda Roomster. The Fabia does not look that bad actually. I am still wondering how Skoda managed to make Fabia look decent with Roomster's Front and Swift's rear.
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 14:48   #65
Senior - BHPian

its july now soon and still not out, whens the freaking launch if they are taking bookings. what does skoda want bookings by car spotting like this.
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 20:50   #66
BHPian

Skoda Fabia arrived In Pune.here are some spy pics

Ohhh!! La.. la..... Sooo Cute.... Real Skoda

From Rear.. i feel Smaller Than Swift

My dash is much much much better than Swift. Feel rich.

I am a sister Of Swift
tushky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 22:58   #67
BHPian

european dash is different
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/5158/fb45vp5.jpg
Old 26th June 2007, 23:01   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Looks similar Tushky other than manual ac compared to climate control in european and no Integrated HU in ours whereas EU version has inbuilt system.

Have a look at the tweeter pods on the indian pic in the centre of the A-pillar.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 23:03   #69
BHPian

nope, but shape is also bit changed. look carefully.
Old 26th June 2007, 23:04   #70
Senior - BHPian

Nice Tushky nice - good catch.

man Im getting to like this Fabia. Now for the price, come on Skoda, pull out a rabbit please !!
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 23:07   #71
BHPian

this shape is different

Last edited by tushky : 26th June 2007 at 23:09.
Old 26th June 2007, 23:17   #72
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures tushky. Didnt the Fabia driver catch you snapping the dashboard of the car. These guys generally make a run for it when they see someone clicking away.
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 00:30   #73
Senior - BHPian

Well seeing the equipment (or the lack of it rather!) let's hope Skods prices it sensibly. Any stupid moves by them could cause it to bomb.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 01:56   #74
BANNED

Default SKODA should price it rite!!

• hey, gud pics, now, by seeing the car in the pic, i believe tht would be the top model, as it has everything bodycolored, projector headlights, alloys, rear defogger+wiper. but unfortunately no climate control, no rear disc breaks.
  • i hope they give ABS, Airbags as standard in the top variant. if not, then they would have to price it close to swift zxi, otherwise i dont see lot of sales.
  • max price tag should not go above 6 lacs. otherwise it would come close to all the premium c segment cars like fiesta,verna,maruti sx4. according to the skoda showroom in delhi, the top model should cost around 7 lacs(not confirmed). then i think maruti sx4 wud definitely be a much better buy, as it is fully loaded and is as big as a corolla.after all fabia is a small car.
  • i know it would have great build quality, but still they cant charge a premium of more than a lac over swift zxi. afterall, its a B+ segment car.
  • i think if they want to position it a segment above, then we should watch out for the technical specs. they should then give a "rear independent suspension"and not a typical "torsion beam" like all b and c segment cars.
sanchits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 07:48   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Nice pictures tushky. Didnt the Fabia driver catch you snapping the dashboard of the car. These guys generally make a run for it when they see someone clicking away.
yes they do, but may be this guy wanted to be famous