Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2007, 12:30   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
vkochar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Delhi / Agra / London
Posts: 2,031
Thanked: 214 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
DAMN DAMN DAMN!!! Now they launch the loaded CRDi, my grouse was that verna diesel was minus all the frills, the only reason why I didn't buy it.

DAMN!!!

Drifter
LOL...I know how it feels.... this is the worst thing aout car manufacturers. I knew they were bound to do this. I was about to pick mine up, now I wait.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2007, 14:08   #17
BHPian
 
suren181's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 847
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Hmmmm.... no mention of Alloys... That would have made this package irresistible, these are standard on the XXI range and guess are the only feature not incorporated in the SX range.

Last edited by suren181 : 21st April 2007 at 14:13.
suren181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2007, 14:10   #18
BHPian
 
suren181's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 847
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
missed the Automatic Climate Control!
The Climate control is part of the package, following is an excerpt from the website:
While the engine and the mechanicals remain the same the new SX will bring in a host of new features. In fact, some of which will be the first for this segment like the automatic climate control.
suren181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2007, 14:13   #19
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 7
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

A couple of months back I had posted asking if the Verna CRDi could be fitted with electric ORVM's, eventhough theory says that it is possible, Hyundai was very skeptical about doing this.
The sales guy at HMP Delhi did however mention that by April a new Verna will all specs of the XXI would be launched (This was way back in February). I think I am very lucky that I believed him and waited because my logic, was that if I pay 800 K for a car, the least I want is an electrical ORVM , diesel or petrol. Happy to see I got climate control as well.
I booked the Verna VGT (SX) on 17th of April ( Bookings started on the 16th of April) eventhough the car was launched on the 19th. The delivery as claimed would be in the next 3-4 days , VGT(SX) number 5 for Delhi :-) , it so seems that 4 people beat me to it :-).
tallkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2007, 01:26   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Trichy
Posts: 108
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

someone who own a SX, kindly post your reviews here.. im just planning to buy one...
drsvijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2007, 08:51   #21
HSV
BHPian
 
HSV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 327
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

One thing I dont quite get is Verna is such a great car with all the bells and whistles at that price. How come they dont offer an auto tranny? Whereas they offer it in their Santro...
HSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2007, 12:18   #22
BHPian
 
Rodeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 349
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Are there any discount on Verna CRDI?
Rodeo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2007, 13:33   #23
BHPian
 
raajks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BLR
Posts: 578
Thanked: 117 Times
Default

From the Evolution X site, I read that Hyundai was also a part of the collaborative team (Mitsubishi, Hyundai and Chrysler). That might explain the VGT (Variable Geometry turbocharger).
raajks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2007, 15:59   #24
aZa
Senior - BHPian
 
aZa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Noida / Delhi
Posts: 1,595
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
Are there any discount on Verna CRDI?
Nope no discounts on the verna as yet.
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2007, 18:36   #25
BHPian
 
Rodeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 349
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Nope no discounts on the verna as yet.
I thought it was not doing well so expected some discounts.
Rodeo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2007, 21:09   #26
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,710
Thanked: 8,930 Times
Default

Checked out the verna sx it is far better variant than the regular crdi variant as it has all the essentials like climate control,rear headrests,keyless entry,2din music system,wood inserts,driver armrest and adjustable drivers seat that were left out at the time of launch and retails for 7.96lakhs and 8.18lakhs for abs variant.(ex showroom gurgaon)

Last edited by .anshuman : 29th April 2007 at 21:14.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2007, 23:57   #27
Team-BHP Support
 
Zappo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 5,650
Thanked: 2,010 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
One thing I dont quite get is Verna is such a great car with all the bells and whistles at that price. How come they dont offer an auto tranny? Whereas they offer it in their Santro...
I think there is a very good reason behind it. It has got to do with the customer profile. I think they believe that a Santro is a self driven car in 7 out of 10 cases. So there is a very good chance that some sizeable chunk of the owner-drivers will also look for a auto tranny. However at 8lacs or so they believe that in 7 out of 10 cases the cars will be chauffer driver and hence there is a very low chance that someone would spend extra on automatic.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2007, 00:19   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
rahul_intlad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,577
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Its not that people don't prefer automatics for chauffeur driven cars,BMW does not have a manual transmission option,merc has it only for the c class.

Surveys by auto companies in this segment reveal that auto trannies are preferred so that it gives the back seat saheb's/memsaheb's a jerk free experience.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 30th April 2007 at 00:22.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2007, 00:27   #29
HSV
BHPian
 
HSV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 327
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Zappo, I see that you are trying to say however I am not too sure I agree with you on that, bcos considering the huge population here in India. And considering the number of people who have been constantly demanding autos, I think they should seriously consider the numbers they CAN sell here.

A point in case is that a Honda Civic automatic outsells the manual! I think they should take cue from that fact. Also if what you say was true, then Honda CVT is the only offering in its segment... dont you think there would be considerable competion if they offered the Verna VGT Sx with auto tranny. There arent any 8lac diesel autos in india yet, the best you get is skodas and they're in a different segment. I see monopoly for Hyundai there - funny they cant see it themselves!!
HSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2007, 10:35   #30
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 7
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Proud owner of a Verna CRDi VGT SX

As of today I am a proud owner of a Verna CRDi VGT SX (Car number 4 for Delhi). The on road cost for the car was INR 846,000 inclusive of a INR 9000 3 year extended warranty and a cash discount of INR 7000 on purchase. The prices are based on a Haryana registration.

The features of the vehicle match those of the Verna Petrol XXI. So the diesel has a Fully automatic climate control , electrically adjustable ORVM's , adjustable drivers seat, wooden garnish and beige interiors.So effectively it is a diesel with everything you need.

As always the car is a rocket and is an absolute pleasure to drive.

Regards
tallkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
40000 km = 80000 km. 2007 Verna CRDi. Got cheated, Now sold. sarthakgupta Long-Term Ownership Reviews 39 5th November 2014 17:21
Verna Crdi Vs GetZ Crdi. EDIT : Finalising on Getz! aks_karthik Hatchbacks 74 17th May 2009 10:22
Help : Viva crdi or Verna crdi nitindangoria Sedans 15 10th March 2009 22:50
Verna CRDi or i30 CRDi ? Gangsta Sedans 16 12th July 2008 20:41
Swift DDiS vs. Getz CRDi or Verna CRDi??? Help!!!! roadwarrior Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 12 12th February 2008 23:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:59.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks