Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 1st August 2011, 11:01   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Vehicle Registration Blues!! Address proof for gypsies like me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifica View Post

What's getting my goat is that the Embera wasn't even launched in 2004/05, it only got launched in 2005/06, so how on earth does it have a registration from a series well before a 2004 Camry? Possible fraud by the Camry seller? If so, to what purpose?
Is this a VIP number ? He may have retained this number from one of his earlier cars.I think it's possible in Delhi.

If that's the case , I don't think he would be parting with the number when he sells the car to you.
rishab.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2011, 12:54   #47
BHPian

Default Re: Vehicle Registration Blues!! Address proof for gypsies like me

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishab.k View Post
Is this a VIP number ? He may have retained this number from one of his earlier cars.I think it's possible in Delhi.

If that's the case , I don't think he would be parting with the number when he sells the car to you.
Hi Rishab,

No, it isn't a VIP number and the Embera is on sale with it's current number only. The car is registered to a Korean company's Delhi office (which is why they bought a Hyundai car in the first place, I suppose) and as per the RC they're the first owner, registered in 2008.

It's pretty weird. Actually, I think the problem is at the Camry, since that is the second owner. Maybe they re-registered it or something.
Pacifica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2011, 22:41   #48
BHPian

Default A query, especially for residents of Hyderabad!

Hey guys!

I've recently moved into Secunderabad by virtue of my new job. I soon realized the need for my own mode of transport here, and realized that getting my bike from Chennai to Secunderabad might not be really worth it, as the NOC is going to be valid only for a few months, and I'll have to get the registration changed, and considering the fact that I'll eventually settle in Chennai (This might be a 1-2 year assignment), I don't think getting my bike from chennai makes too much sense.

I've hence decided on getting a new bike here, and enquired at a couple of showrooms (Yamaha and Bajaj). What surprised me is that the Yamaha guy just wants an electricity bill with anyone's name for address proof. He says "paisa diya, gaadi liya". The bajaj guy says you just pay cash and take the vehicle. This definitely sounds fishy. When I spoke to a friend, he says that these guys will give you only temporary IDs (as the RTO is apparently closed due to the Telengana issue), and that when the RTO actually calls you for proper registration, you'll have to give a proper ID proof. Now I'm staying in a PG which doesn't really have any sort of a rental agreement, so that's a slight issue.

My question is, is it really possible to get a bike without such proper address proof? Though the absence of a concrete proof is a slight issue, I can arrange for one by getting a relative here to sign a pseudo rental agreement or something like that (As I think office endorsed ID proofs don't work, as I was told). Can any of you experienced Hyderabadians enlighten me on this, as the whole prospect of getting a bike without concrete documents sounds fishy, and I definitely want to get my bike in as clean a way as possible.
FanaticOnWheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2011, 22:58   #49
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: A query, especially for residents of Hyderabad!

I bought my bike in 2003 by using a letter from my office HR to validate my address.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2011, 23:00   #50
BHPian

That had no issue with the RTO registration? And any idea if the Hyderabad RTOs are currently closed because of the Telengana issue?
Old 15th November 2011, 23:06   #51
Senior - BHPian

Why do you want to buy a new bike for 1 or max 2 years?
Get a good pre-owned bike and that will solve the hassle of producing a address proof.

Otherwise, get a rental agreement signed and attach the owner's electicity bill with it. It should take care of the requirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
That had no issue with the RTO registration? And any idea if the Hyderabad RTOs are currently closed because of the Telengana issue?
They are open, they have just called off their strike last month.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 15th November 2011 at 23:08.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2011, 23:08   #52
Team-BHP Support

Welcome To TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRAPRADESH - INDIA

With regard to licenses it says
Quote:
Address Proof: (Any one of the following document)
• Electoral Roll
• Life Insurance Policy
• Passport
• Pay slip (Issued by any Central Government /State Government or Local Body with employees address as per Service Register )
• Proof of Nationality

Note:
If any one of the above certificates is not available, a Sworn Affidavit along with house owner’s address proof to the satisfaction of the Licencing Authority may be enclosed. Provided the applicant before an Executive Magistrate or a First Class Judicial Magistrate or a Notary public as evidence of age and address proof.

Quote:
Obtain a learners Licence- proof of residence.

Every applicant for the issue of a Learner's Licence or Permanent Licence or an endorsement shall produce as evidence of his address and age any one or more of the following documents in original or relevant extracts thereof duly attested by a Gazetted Officer of the Central Government or of a State Government or an officer of a local body who is equivalent in rank to a Gazetted Officer of the Government or Village Administration Officer or Municipal Corporation Councillor or Panchayat President, namely :
Ration Card,
Electoral Roll,
Life Insurance Policy,
Passport,
Electricity or Telephone Bill,
Pay slip issued by any office of the Central Government or a State Government or a local body,
House Tax Receipt,
School Certificate,
Birth Certificate,
Certificate granted by a registered medical practioner not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon, as to the age of the applicant.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2011, 23:15   #53
BHPian

Thanks for the information. I was looking for information regarding vehicle registration and they seem to be OK with a ration card or an electricity bill. But I don't understand how the dealer was saying that just about any electricity bill will do. Does it work that way? Will he be able to arm twist the agents and get the registration done?
Old 15th November 2011, 23:18   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Why do you want to buy a new bike for 1 or max 2 years?
I agree.Just take a walk in Ramkote area and there is huge selection of pre-owned bikes.Usually they carry all the orriginal documents of the bikes and they wont ask any documents from you.Mind you,most of these guys are dealers in Ramkote area.Take with you someone who is a local to bargain.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2011, 23:21   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I agree.Just take a walk in Ramkote area and there is huge selection of pre-owned bikes.Usually they carry all the orriginal documents of the bikes and they wont ask any documents from you.Mind you,most of these guys are dealers in Ramkote area.Take with you someone who is a local to bargain.
Another alternative is to keep an eye on classifieds advertisements.
DC Sunday Classifieds.
Sulekha Online.
Team-bhp.

Also you can ask friends in companies with large number of employees to keep an eye out. My office yahoo group has at least 1 bike for sale every 15 days.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2011, 23:53   #56
BHPian

Like others here have suggested it is best to go for a used bike or better, bring your current bike to Hyd, pay registration tax without changing plates and when you go back to chennai continue using the same bike. Will be cheaper on the pocket and better for the environment.

If you still think a new bike is what you want, for address proof, go to your nearest post office and ask them for a address verification form. What happens is that the postal guy will verify your address and give you a proof that can be used for address-proof for many services like gas connection, application for voter ID, bank account, RTO etc.
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 07:28   #57
Senior - BHPian

Used bike or new, you'll need to get the registration transferred to your name. So you'll need an address proof. And you'll need an agent.

But my point is why not get your bike from Chennai. I have been using my Delhi registered car for 3.5 years. Hyderabad is not as bad as Bangalore with regards to out of state vehicles.

My 2 paisa!

Cheers
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 10:32   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Hyderabad is not as bad as Bangalore with regards to out of state vehicles.
That's true, though Bangalore is not so bad anymore, something to do with the new regulation that says cops can't stop you to just check papers. But they can (and will) check papers if you break any traffic regulation. And what happens if (heaven forbid) you get involved in some accident? Better to have your papers then.

Having said that, when I was in Hyderabad, I got my new Pulsar registered with just the rental agreement as proof. That was in 2009. When I moved back to Bangalore last year, I brought the AP-registered bike back with me. Before leaving, I spent a couple of days getting the NoC in Hyderabad (in that aspect, Hyd is definitely better than the Bangalore RTOs), paid the lifetime tax in Bangalore, but still haven't been able to change the registration number to a KA one, because my bike papers got stolen (a different story). I haven't been stopped by cops yet (touch wood) and am beginning to feel that paying the life-time tax was a waste.
am1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 12:38   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Used bike or new, you'll need to get the registration transferred to your name. So you'll need an address proof. And you'll need an agent.

But my point is why not get your bike from Chennai. I have been using my Delhi registered car for 3.5 years. Hyderabad is not as bad as Bangalore with regards to out of state vehicles.

My 2 paisa!

Cheers
Hi MileCruncher,

Have you paid the AP roadtax? If not, have you been stopped ever by RTO guys asking for road tax?
ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 13:11   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Hi MileCruncher,

Have you paid the AP roadtax? If not, have you been stopped ever by RTO guys asking for road tax?
Nope I haven't paid AP Life Tax as I intend to take the car back to Delhi. Yes I have been stopped many times and I have shown my papers and gotten out.

Cheers
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote