Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2007, 13:54   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
AMATMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore\GOA
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

BUT actually hyundai too manages to sell all its cars very well in all segments,even in D segment its no.2 .i believe it has done very well with the embera,its quite like the future accord (the spy pics of future accord are already posted on this forum).and so far except for hyundai & honda ,nobody has managed to tap the mid D segment market like this.
AMATMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2007, 17:17   #47
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 569
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
BUT actually hyundai too manages to sell all its cars very well in all segments,even in D segment its no.2 .i believe it has done very well with the embera,its quite like the future accord (the spy pics of future accord are already posted on this forum).and so far except for hyundai & honda ,nobody has managed to tap the mid D segment market like this.
Do you have numbers to justify that the embera is doing well?
rangaraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2007, 19:44   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
amtak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai - The city of Sea Link!!!
Posts: 2,783
Thanked: 342 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
Do you have numbers to justify that the embera is doing well?
Yes, I would prefer to see the numbers. I guess I have seen more Camry's than the Embera's!
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2007, 21:51   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
AMATMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore\GOA
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

i know its waste of time making a statment without mentioning the numbers . but do i realy need to convince anybody that embera has done better than vectra or mondeo.mentioning camry and superb does not make sense as these cars are atleast 7-8 lacs expensive, so who is it after honda?
AMATMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2007, 23:53   #50
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,975
Thanked: 16,772 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Yes, I would prefer to see the numbers. I guess I have seen more Camry's than the Embera's!
I have seen ONLY ONE Emberra till now. Have seen three of the new gen Camrys
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2007, 00:24   #51
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 569
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
i know its waste of time making a statment without mentioning the numbers . but do i realy need to convince anybody that embera has done better than vectra or mondeo.mentioning camry and superb does not make sense as these cars are atleast 7-8 lacs expensive, so who is it after honda?
You can either compare it with other cars in the same price bracket (then the Laura out numbers it significantly besides the accord) or you will have to look at it from a segment perspective and there again the accord and the camry outnumber it..by a significant margin..

Besides coming last in a two or a three horse race is not a claim to fame ;-)
rangaraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2007, 10:06   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
AMATMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore\GOA
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

isnt laura supposed to compete with the civic,afterall its just a facelifted octavia (ofcourse i dont deny that laura is loaded with lots of goodies)
AMATMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2007, 10:09   #53
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 569
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

By the way, since the launch, i have seen only ONE diesel version of the embera which is pretty surprising.. Thought there would be more uptake of that version, but with it being priced the same as an accord, the snob value & other classy features overtakes FE matters..
rangaraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2007, 11:27   #54
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,955
Thanked: 15,648 Times
Default

Embera was selling some 100 units a month last time I checked. If there has been some reversal in fortunes.... I don't know
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2007, 11:30   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
AMATMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore\GOA
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

the reason i made such a statement is that ,on my way from airport road to MG road i get to see a lot of emberas, just too many of them,maybe 12-16 in one trip, many are new but i get to see a new carmy maybe once in four trips or not at all.i admit, i see good number of old camrys as well. but i certainly see more emberas the new gen accords or new gen camrys.maybe because some people dont like the new tail lamps of the accord.embera's tail lamps are similer to those of older accord.
AMATMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2007, 11:40   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
rahul_intlad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,577
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
I have seen ONLY ONE Emberra till now. Have seen three of the new gen Camrys
Quote:
Embera was selling some 100 units a month last time I checked.
No of toyota camry's sold [june 2007] -> 70
Hyundai sonata -> 67
Honda accord -> 260

Source: SIAM data
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2007, 11:42   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
AMATMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore\GOA
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
You can either compare it with other cars in the same price bracket (then the Laura out numbers it significantly besides the accord) or you will have to look at it from a segment perspective and there again the accord and the camry outnumber it..by a significant margin..

Besides coming last in a two or a three horse race is not a claim to fame ;-)


camry is far from out numbering embera.the old camry did well because
mainly they were bought as taxis on airports,hotels or private services. but nobody seems to prefer new camry for the very same job today
AMATMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2007, 12:19   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
AMATMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore\GOA
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

if we see the sales as shown by rahul intlad i am proved wrong,or maybe the truth of my statement is limited to bangalore.
can you do me a favour by posting the number of lauras sold aswell ?
AMATMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2007, 14:07   #59
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 569
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Hyundai sonata -> 67
Source: SIAM data
It will be interesting to see the mix between petrol and diesel. Six to eight months ago, they were really dropping prices of the petrol versions - i checked on their diesel version recently, and there are no discounts / distress signs as yet..
rangaraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2007, 16:04   #60
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 569
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Does GC become a non-issue in this segment?

A thought struck me that in the Civic posts, there is a lot of mention about the low GC despite it being 170mm.

The embera has a 170mm GC, the Accord 155mm, the Camry 160mm and though there is mention occasionally of FE, there is hardly if not no mention of GC. In this segment is it a non-issue as compared to lower segments? Or despite the low GC figures, it is not as bad as the Civic or other similar vehicles?
rangaraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is planned, never happened. What ever happened, was not planned. mjothi Travelogues 23 10th January 2011 11:00
Embera CRDi booked, Canceled, New Embera launch? rohitrk Sedans 31 12th September 2008 19:09
Skoda Laura or Sonata Embera CRDI jerish666 Sedans 3 15th May 2008 17:59
Hyundai Sonata Embera 2005! (vs. the Accord) Insane Devil Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 66 26th May 2007 20:57
Skoda Laura or Hyundai Sonata Embera Insane Devil Sedans 45 19th January 2006 19:05


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:06.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks