Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 29th June 2007, 09:44   #151
BHPian

Sorry friends for being away from the forum for a while.. I realised there had been few members waiting for some questions to be answered by me..

Well, Endy launch did go through as planned.. What's holding up Vitara - even I am not too sure. Though today's TOI (Bangalore edition) carries a half-page advert for new Vitara. All it says is coming soon. The website is not up (in terms of content) yet..
AlokSriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007, 11:48   #152
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Alok:
Thats all you have? We were expecting something really juicy! :-)
I have been checking GV site daily religiously! Get some inside news quickly man! ;-)
sgmuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007, 11:53   #153
BHPian

Any guess on the likely pricing of Grand Vitara in India ?
alabjarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007, 11:55   #154
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
Alok:
Thats all you have? We were expecting something really juicy! :-)
I have been checking GV site daily religiously! Get some inside news quickly man! ;-)

not religiously enough I see. the site is up but still under wraps:

Maruti - GRAND VITARA
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007, 12:11   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
not religiously enough I see. the site is up but still under wraps:

Maruti - GRAND VITARA
i came to know it is petrol 2.2 16l,no diesel for now will take time may be 6 to 9 months

Moderator's Note: Please do not post two different posts with essentially the same content.

Last edited by Zappo : 29th June 2007 at 12:20. Reason: Double post
ameet_007_in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007, 14:49   #156
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

yup, i missed it today and its up with the teaser. So, its going to be very soon!
sgmuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007, 15:03   #157
Senior - BHPian

Being a CBU ,it would priced around the old cr-v,imo.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2007, 22:07   #158
BHPian

I got a call from sales executive as I have registered in the grantvitara site. Amit (the sales guy) mentioned that GV would be released in first week of July. Other features (to my memory)

Ground Clearence - 210
Overall width - ~ 1810
Length - aorund 4600

2 varients are released, Automatic & Manual; Only Petrol version.

I couldn't recollect anything more than this. He didn't reveal the price range.
vanchi_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2007, 22:18   #159
Senior - BHPian

Saw on the CNBC (scrolling headlines) that Vitara will be launched on July 5th and it will be priced at 14 to 15 lakhs. Less than one week to go!
hondadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2007, 23:05   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Saw on the CNBC (scrolling headlines) that Vitara will be launched on July 5th and it will be priced at 14 to 15 lakhs. Less than one week to go!
14L seems nice pricing!

Hope this too ends up like SX4 story... where we were all telling 8-9L and they priced it at 6.4.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2007, 09:27   #161
BHPian

Default Articel in Ecotimes on the launch this week

Maruti to launch Grand Vitara Add to Clippings
RAKHI MAZUMDAR

TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ MONDAY, JULY 02, 2007 02:10:16 AM]
KOLKATA: Maruti Udyog is all set to launch a new Grand Vitara, the latest global offering in SUV segment from its parent, Suzuki Motor Company (SMC), in the first week of July.

The new Grand Vitara, built on a new platform, is the third-generation Vitara offered by SMC. However, the Grand Vitara, known as Suzuki Escudo in Japan, will not be manufactured at any of the Maruti factories in India. It is being imported from SMC Japan as a completely-built unit. Powered by a 2-litre, variable intake system (VIS) engine, it will be available in nine colours and two variants — automatic and manual drive.

“The Grand Vitara is likely to be price it in the range of Rs 13 to 15 lakh,” a company source told ET. SUVs are picking up pace in the India market with growth this year estimated at well over 50% against last year. In volume terms, it would translate into a cool 1 lakh vehicles in 2007. The new Grand Vitara will be pitched against SUV brands like Honda CR-V, Ford Endeavour, Hyundai Tucson.
rangaraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 12:42   #162
BHPian

Maruti Udyog is all set to launch a new Grand Vitara, the latest global offering in SUV segment from its parent, Suzuki Motor Company (SMC), in the first week of July.

The new Grand Vitara, built on a new platform, is the third-generation Vitara offered by SMC. However, the Grand Vitara, known as Suzuki Escudo in Japan, will not be manufactured at any of the Maruti factories in India. It is being imported from SMC Japan as a completely-built unit. Powered by a 2-litre, variable intake system (VIS) engine, it will be available in nine colours and two variants — automatic and manual drive.

“The Grand Vitara is likely to be price it in the range of Rs 13 to 15 lakh,” a company source told ET. SUVs are picking up pace in the India market with growth this year estimated at well over 50% against last year. In volume terms, it would translate into a cool 1 lakh vehicles in 2007. The new Grand Vitara will be pitched against SUV brands like Honda CR-V, Ford Endeavour, Hyundai Tucson.

Maruti to launch Grand Vitara -Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
navdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 13:24   #163
BHPian

Got a call from a guy from MUL today, since I had expressed interest about the Escudo on their website.

Expected pricing is tentatively 13L in Delhi, ex.sh, plan is to launch a petrol version only and is expected to be launched by mid-July.
indivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 13:27   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
13 lakh starting seems nice!

Avoids competition on price front for the current leader- the CRV
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2007, 15:40   #165

what is the expected mileage of GV under city conditions?
prasygreat is offline   Reply With Quote