Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 24th May 2007, 14:37   #61
BHPian

around 16L with a diesel engine would sell compared to a gasoline CRV.
The car has a lot of cues from the SX4 and since this vitara is using the same platform as SX4 it might be cheaper on the assembly line and could favour in a lower pricing. Looks wise its fine..looks well built as an SUV should look.
shazikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 14:40   #62
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
But lets wait for the official release to see if Maruti can pull off a hattrick with their prices.
Going by the recent events and MUL's aggressive marketing stance I wont be surprised if they pull of another trend setting deal. If indeed that happens, then I can only imagine how rapidly the Indian market is going to improve.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 15:01   #63
BHPian

Personally I do not like the looks of new CRV. Old one looks much better but this new Vitara is surely going to make other to think twice before going for any SUV.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 16:26   #64
BHPian

Even I liked the looks of the old CRV. This new Vitara is definitely more macho that the CRV. Wanted to see one in Black
rishibravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 16:35   #65
BHPian

The Rear End of the New Vitara is much better than the older one.
turbofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 16:53   #66
BHPian

What would do it for Maruti would be to get rid of the idea of getting in a CBU-SUV and instead setting up a plant to build an SUV within India itself. That way they could do very well to price it along Scorpio/Safari upto Endeavour. I would definitely go for the reliability of a maruti than a scorpio/safari. Its only the ruggedness where maruti would have to make a statement. Once they establish themselves in bugdet SUVs then they could get a premium SUV and take on the likes of CRV/XT.

Now that would be a good option since they would have established the factories here and the prices of the premium SUV would drop further and who know they could even export them from India.

Damn, I need to apply for a post in Maruti as a business advisor.
herculesksp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 16:54   #67
BHPian

the grand vitara is better looking yahn the crv anyday hope it comes with a better engine as well even the earlier one had a v6
revvedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 17:26   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
What say - How many would buy a new Vitara at 16-17L v/s the new CRV at 19-20L ??

I would'nt. I am smitten by the new CRV.

ps - are the prices for the new CRV and X-Trail that I mentioned above correct ??
I would buy the Vitara even if it were for 20L+ types provided they give me a best in class kick-a$$ Engine.

Like the Civic, I think the new CRV is too wussy-ish in its design. The Vitara is more brutish and masculine in comparison.
manveet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 19:51   #69
Senior - BHPian

love the vitara pics. looks more like the x-trail a bit boxy. but decent body lines. 16-17 lacs will make it difficult to sell unless the engine rocks. but pricing it cheaper may not be possible for maruti too, who knows!? so its gonna be a mixed bag of buyers/sales. wait and watch would be the best approach for prospective buyers. i am sure it will have airbags, maybe 6 airbags who knows!? and all the associated goodies. climate control - the term is as common as the humble blower for maruti now! and 16" inchers arent new anyways! whatever it is, if they hit the jackpot on the engine front, it ll do lots of good to maruti in the long run. what we need is an engine or engine series that will run until 3 lac kms without the need to bother and then you have a long running car!

OT: speedzak, whats with ur avtar? been to KL lately?
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 19:59   #70
Senior - BHPian

if u want a Macho mid-size SUV,this Vitara fits the bill perfectly,the CRV on the other hand has become too station wagon type.
also unlike the tarmac oriented CRV,the Vitara also has some descent off road ability.should be a good buy at around 15-16L for a 2.0L petrol and 17L for the 1.9L diesel if Suzuki wants to bring that here.

I am recommending my Cousin to buy this one,what is the expected launch date?
merve_extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 21:12   #71
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme View Post
I am recommending my Cousin to buy this one,what is the expected launch date?
Surely by next month is what I am told.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 21:22   #72
Senior - BHPian

It cant compare to the New CRV looks. This looks plane jane.... Nothing exciting about externally... Killer pricing say 12 lakh OTR and I might end up buying it .... Wishful thinking.... lol
aseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 21:44   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
...He says similar to the X-Trail and CR-V. I was and I asked them 20L ex showroom ? And the guy asks me are these cars priced at 20L ? I was more I said yes and if MUL prices it like the new CR-V, do not even bother about the sales figures.....
...are the prices for the new CRV and X-Trail that I mentioned above correct ??
I know someone who bought the 2.2 (or 2.0) X-Trail DCi quite well. He paid about Rs. 28L for it. But then, this is Bangalore
wizardofid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 21:49   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post
What would do it for Maruti would be to get rid of the idea of getting in a CBU-SUV and instead setting up a plant to build an SUV within India itself. ...
Thoughtful post hercules. About time more players seriously got in the ring. Maruti should get build a Diesel Vitara locally with reduced import content so that it can be priced lower.

While on the topic, I do wish the new Vitara (too) could seat 7. I've had a few fun trips in the older Vitara with a great bunch packed into the 6 1/2 seater.
wizardofid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 22:11   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvedup View Post
the grand vitara is better looking yahn the crv anyday hope it comes with a better engine as well even the earlier one had a v6
I guess they are gonna come with a 4Cyl..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardofid View Post
I know someone who bought the 2.2 (or 2.0) X-Trail DCi quite well. He paid about Rs. 28L for it. But then, this is Bangalore
Yep..the road tax alone helps achieve this price.

Godfather
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote