Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 11th July 2007, 23:17   #511
Senior - BHPian

Logan in white looks really good and beige is too common.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2007, 00:02   #512
Senior - BHPian

I test drove the 1.5DLX model this week. I know many members already have. Here my thoughts and findings:
  • Engine: Refined and much silent than expected. I know there will many objections to this following statement - Its more refined and silent than the swift's 1.3 DDis. Very less vibration and clatter. I think its belt driven resulting in lower noise compared to swift chain. Good torque, didnt have to downshift mutch on busy nelson manickam road. Not very good till 3K RPM. Moves pretty well after that.
  • Gearbox: Disappointed, bad shift. Clutch was hard as rock. lever feeling was good. Swift has a better shift. Indigo is second.
  • Power Steering: Decent reponse. looks good, straight lift from fiesta. Material is of a low quality.
  • Instrumentation: Inverted position of levers doesnt interest me like in a Ikon. Have to operate the rear power window with my foot!!!!!The fiesta type trip meter, fuel indicator is a welcome feature. The AC controls look and operate like M800 switches. Bad is the word.
  • Exteriors: The fit and finish is best not talked about. Yawn like body gaps, protuding and non matching color bumpers etc
  • Interiors: BEST REAR SEATS that I have come across. Really wide and good comfort as compared to swift. Largest BOOT than I have seen. Lumbar support on the drive seat only. Front seats better in swift. Fabric material is not appealing.
  • Sum up: At 7.15L on road in chennai for the top end diesel, its not value for money. For a 7L+ car, I would expect a better built and quality car. LOGAN is not at that level. Logan is best car for only one feature ie SPACE. There is tons of it. If I consider a diesel car, my final offer on the logan DLX would be max 6-6.2L.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 12th July 2007 at 00:04.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2007, 11:56   #513
Distinguished - BHPian

For starters, it IS selling in droves. Saw about 6-7 of them, on the Mumbai-Nashik highway. It is wide, and quite horribly unappealing. So, it surely is selling!!
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2007, 12:27   #514
Senior - BHPian

Default Logan compared to Swift.....

Hi,
You know what, in today's paper (Time of India) they have compared the base model of Logan with Swift..... . Both are different segments altogether. Are they trying to capture the Swift market . I feel they are not able to sell the vehicles and hence they are using all kind of tactics.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2007, 12:41   #515
Senior - BHPian

They probably compared it because the base model of Logan almost fits into the Swift catagory. This comparison was in my opinion based purely on the price front and the options available at a particulare price.
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 12:11   #516

yeah amtak ur absolutely rite, its only compared in terms of prices...imagine gettin a sedan for the price of a hatchback...its purely a statement of gettin a sedan(mid segment) at the price of a small segment car...
carguru07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 22:23   #517
Senior - BHPian

Default logan tops sales charts for the first time

read about it here

IBNLive.com > Logan tops in mid-car segment for 1st time : logan, maruti, top segment
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2007, 02:27   #518
Senior - BHPian

It is good that we are appreciating good products...better late than never. May be LOGAN is like the "wifey" had most of the features that we want, just enough to keep us happy and satisfied. SX4 and City are more like the Gf's! Burn a hole in the pocket...and we always take them to their limits
Old 4th August 2007, 02:31   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
It is good that we are appreciating good products...better late than never. May be LOGAN is like the "wifey" had most of the features that we want, just enough to keep us happy and satisfied. SX4 and City are more like the Gf's! Burn a hole in the pocket...and we always take them to their limits
and i always thought that the vRS was the expensive GF.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2007, 02:50   #520
Senior - BHPian

He he he E_L still awake...! vRS is the High Maintainence lady
Old 11th August 2007, 10:32   #521

yup it comes at a decent price which can keep a customer happy n satisfied with its ride...honestly the Logan DLE is anytime better than an Indigo coz it doesn`t have the pick up problem with or without the A\C...
carguru07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2007, 15:06   #522
Senior - BHPian

I feel the power is not enough when you need sudden pick up in the traffic signals....otherwise the car is good with roomy interiors and good FE.....
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2007, 23:15   #523
BHPian

Havent yet seen a logan in tvpm.
swathyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2007, 01:34   #524
LLL
BHPian

when logan was launched they had talked of launching a station wagon later based on logan platform as well. any insider news on that?
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2007, 09:24   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
and i always thought that the vRS was the expensive GF.
I think Vrs is not your girlfriend but that high profile babe whom you want to make yours but cant, even after spending everything you have.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote