Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 18th May 2007, 05:26   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Designs where DC's own creativity is let to run free
and it kept running and never came back... With designs like these and outright mutilation of some very expensive and beautiful cars.. i dont think anyone will even want to come close.

Godfather
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2007, 23:29   #32
BHPian

DC has got guts to make cars with a real style which doesnt copy anyone, India can do very creative cars not like China who is copying many cars.
Hope the supercar by DC will be strong enough to go and beat European cars
abdul 65 amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2007, 00:29   #33
Senior - BHPian

From the writing on that French site I couldnt help noticing that 'DC' is an anagram for 'Seedy'.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2007, 05:51   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorkats View Post
give DC some credit.he is one of the few indian car designers who are recognized globally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
DC's strength is within the area of design.
Quote:
No doubts there is international recognition, sometimes oddity is popularity,
Now how many guys in India has even come close?
I don't think DC is recognized for this design capabilities, he is recognized for his prototyping capabilities at lower costs

and I personally can't stand his designs
vabs78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2007, 00:46   #35
BHPian

DC design PVT Ltd has been in charge a making many prototype such as renault The Dacia Steppe, ASton martin V8 Vantage.The company has got a big workforce.They build a car in 1 months or 90 days which is fully driveable at high speed.
abdul 65 amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2007, 12:19   #36

i met DC last year and visited workshop and dont think he has this kind of plan. DC is busy working on something else which unfortunately i cant disclose but it is definitely not some super car. He is good in making prototypes and i think he aims to focus on that.
deepblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 02:00   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
and it kept running and never came back... With designs like these and outright mutilation of some very expensive and beautiful cars.. i dont think anyone will even want to come close.

Godfather
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post

and I personally can't stand his designs
Ha! Ha! does it appear to this forum that I am the sole admirer of DC's designs?

If DC's reading this, he would atleast be happy that someone tried to find his design direction. (Which he definitely has)
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 04:25   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ha! Ha! does it appear to this forum that I am the sole admirer of DC's designs?
Not so.. There are a few vehicles that i liked. I personally like one lancer which is in Bangalore wine red in colour.. Not too much jazzy work on it..
the others are...ummmmm

Godfather
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 01:30   #39

Thanks to this thread--and TBHP, of course ;-) --I had my first look at DC's 'creations'.

I had quite a different impression of his designs. I'm seriously disappointed. Final year engineering students do this kind of work. The proportions are all wrong. Either DC IS 'just like that' or isn't very well read in this regard. Can't say about the quality of his workmanship however. But that would be a very strong plus. But from where I sit, he's a glorified mechanic. With a little guidance, the seriously good body builders can do a better job. India HAS a lot of good people who can make a car look new! So why don't we see quality work so much? History is full of people who were not only passionate, but had an eye for styling; Lamborghini, DeLorean, Britten, Shelby, Pininfarina, ItalDesign...* We've got DC... blaaak!

Of course with stuff like that it's obvious DC's designs are 'different'. Simply getting the chassis and mounting an engine doesn't make for a supercar.

I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea, no?! Sometimes, better not to do, than do a bad job.

PS: * I cheated! Can you spot the exception? - hehe
unigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 19:26   #40
Senior - BHPian

But then, it has to start somewhere?
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 22:46   #41

Correct. That's why it is so important to do it right: if you are off by an inch today, you'll be off the track by a mile in the future.

Look how Malaysia has done itself proud with the Proton. That's what I mean. We're wasting time and talent...and resources. If the presentation is good, that's half the job done.
unigen is offline   Reply With Quote