Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 19th May 2007, 00:23   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliper View Post
Thanks for the site list.

All the sites, however, are in the US, and not in "sabse accha Hindustan" where means of redress are less. I can't see this for India in the near future (other than NRI gifts).
that's right. sorry i didn't mention that in my post. it's probably a far cry in India but all i wanted to put across was that buying a car online without even looking at it isn't the best of ideas.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th May 2007 at 00:40. Reason: changed "leven ooking" to "even looking"
aah78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2007, 00:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

I buy a lot of things online, but I would draw a line at buying a car.

Why? Its quite simple - other than Hyundai which has a pretty standard Retail/Service setup across the country to the extent that even the look and feel of every Hyundai support centre is the SAME, no other manufacturer has that level of standardisation (except perhaps TOYOTA - I havent experienced Toyota in India). Nope, not even Maruti - they may be the most visible, but every Maruti service centre is different.

Therefore to a car buyer a visit to the dealer is more than just a visit to a place where he can buy a car. For me as a buyer its a chance to ASSESS how honest or straightforward these chaps will be in future, when my car needs SERVICE, or when I need PARTS.

We see several posts in which members openly say 'dont go to this dealer - go to the other one'. This is because we're not sure of the people that will maintain the car - our partnership in the ownership experience.

If I buy online, how do I service it? Online? Then perhaps TBHP should turn itself into an online service centre!
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2007, 09:56   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Why? Its quite simple - other than Hyundai which has a pretty standard Retail/Service setup across the country to the extent that even the look and feel of every Hyundai support centre is the SAME, no other manufacturer has that level of standardisation (except perhaps TOYOTA - I havent experienced Toyota in India).
OT but related : Mercedes-Benz! You gotta see it to believe it...they even specify the size of the Mercedes-Benz display board. If dealers want to place an advert, it has to be approved by MB first.

I love that kind of attention to detail! Absolute fanatics.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 21:20   #19
BHPian

Actually we should have BUY Online performance parts in india.. some one should have parts sold for the INDIAN Cars like OHC, FORD, SUZUKI, FIAT, SKODA, etc etc...

I believe it wil be a money making business for sure, rather than risking of importing a part which wont fit or making modifications.. We need a site for Indian Online performance store..

Shoping cars online... I really doubt it woking that well.. Usually in USA, ppl just configure their car, find the closest dealer who has it and then just directly approach them...
rdas45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 22:03   #20
BHPian

Other sites available like Used Cars, New Cars, Buy Car, Sell Car, New Car Pricing, Used Car Values, Automobiles, Car loan, Used cars for sale, used car - CarWale.com India Indiacar.com - Buy/ Sell Cars, Prices, Research, Car Buyers Guide, Car Site, Questions, Car Quotes and much more (this is slightly older) . I also remember seeing a buying section in bsmotoring site
pugram is offline   Reply With Quote