Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 17th May 2007, 20:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

I believe the santro AT still does attract its own set of customers (which included a potential me at one stage), and i feel it will remain in the portfolio. By the way is an automatic tranny possible in diesel santro's? or for that matter any diesel vehicles?
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2007, 22:56   #17
BHPian

Sure it is - the mercs the skodas all of the diesel variants have auto trannies
vikrantw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2007, 23:57   #18
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
I believe the santro AT still does attract its own set of customers (which included a potential me at one stage), and i feel it will remain in the portfolio. By the way is an automatic tranny possible in diesel santro's? or for that matter any diesel vehicles?
Now that you mention it... the only auto diesel available in India is the Skoda!!! Wow! Whats up with the others manufacturers?
HSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 16:01   #19
HSV
BHPian

Important Note: I left out the Mercs and the likes on purpose as thats a different segment all together!
Old 28th May 2007, 12:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know if the Santro AT is available for Test drives?
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2007, 13:26   #21
HSV
BHPian

Wondering if any one has any new info on whether the current Santro Xing A/T would be stopped or not?

Also whether the new Santro twin (code named PA) would come with an A/T option or not?

regards
Old 23rd June 2007, 19:25   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
Good one! I've been posting left-right-centre about automatics since the past few weeks. No wonder you got me there.

So was thinking of dumping the M800 and buying her an automatic. Something not too expensive. But not much options here in India. Its either the NHC CVT (too expensive for a first timer), or the Santro AT (based on the XL variant - doesnt even have body coloured bumpers or rear power windows - meant for the handicaps).
I've been noticing that about your left right and center posting

Hyundai has spotted a niche for low cost A/T car and they pretty much own this segment. For sure they are going to offer an A/T version either with the new Pa or the Santro, but not both.

If I had to take an educated guess, I would say that the current Santro AT will stay. The reason for the stripper model is to offset the price of the imported transmission and the keep the price low and that decision was made based on customer demand. This strategy is also followed to offset the price of a diesel version for instance. The Pa itself will slot higher and if they add A/T it will end up close to Verna price.

Now whats wrong with a stripped out Santro? Bumpers can be painted and pretty much any accesory can be added from the after market. If you plan on keep the car for a while, then why worry about depreciation.
You can also look at used OHCs and NHC if you want an upmarket car for a low price.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2009, 12:48   #23
Senior - BHPian

Santro AutoMatic is phased out now again! It looks like it din't sell properly or grabbed i10 AT customers. Hyundai have phased out Santro AT again.

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2009, 16:30   #24
BHPian

Default Hundai has done that many times

I am also having similar experiences 3-4 months back.

earlier dealer was agreed to give me 40K discount on Santro AT.

after 15-20 days when i again inquire, they told me that it was not available.

So, after repeated argument, they again told that it was available but now, discount.

So finally with lots of anger i decided not to buy it. (I also heard about its horrible FE), and bought a OHC AT. Now i am happy ever after .
loving_alaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2009, 20:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
I also heard about its horrible FE.
Its FE is lower than manual but not horrible. The same will also be true for your OHC AT.
StarScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 15:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Its FE is lower than manual but not horrible. The same will also be true for your OHC AT.
True, if you are looking for FE over comfort then forget AT cars.

I too have been thinking of my next vehicle to be AT, now that there is news of Verna Diesel with AT, I am keeping my fingers crossed....
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote