Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 22nd May 2007, 13:02   #31
Team-BHP Support

Huh! You sure you saw Viva? Because that variant was allegedly stopped at least 4-5 months back. Or so said many members on this board. Accent CRDi was available till a week back. So if you saw one with ribbons probably it is the Accent CRDi that you saw. However, I have one niggling doubt. Is their any press release available from Hyundai claiming that they have stopped the Accent CRDi and Viva CRDi production? I ask this because the last I checked (a couple of days back) Hyundai site very prominently lets you compare Viva and Accent CRDi models and even lets you look up the prices in various cities. How come? It does not take 2 minutes to take off some material from a site. Why have they not removed these details?

Btw... mobike buddy. Did you see which showroom sold these Viva CRDi? Was it Kun, Lakshmi or Talwar? Maybe we can call them up to confirm.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 16:21   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Btw... mobike buddy. Did you see which showroom sold these Viva CRDi? Was it Kun, Lakshmi or Talwar? Maybe we can call them up to confirm.
Zappo, i saw one silver "viva" crdi this morning which was from Lakshmi
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 14:20   #33

The dealer at KARNAL, HARYANA has clearly stated that except petrol model all have been discontinued for ACCENT....
mcrash2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 15:38   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrash2005 View Post
The dealer at KARNAL, HARYANA has clearly stated that except petrol model all have been discontinued for ACCENT....
Correct, only Accent petrol is available. That too, i see only new GLE and no upper end models. Maybe because its the cheapest and can compete with Flair, Swift Petrol etc.
Old 11th June 2007, 19:07   #35
BHPian

They have to definitely reduce the price of verna,with GM releasing diesel version of optra.The optra is priced approx only 2L more than verna and its altogether a different segment and I was taken away by the AD in TOI dated 10th june.With the current pricing I would definitely choose optra for sure.
zoomingbhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 18:22   #36
BHPian

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Zappo, i saw one silver "viva" crdi this morning which was from Lakshmi
I've been seeing new Vivas in both Petrol and Diesel versions on the roads. Don't remember the dealer though.
Why did they take a car like the viva off the market??? It was the cheapest diesel sedan with a great resale value.
Mobike, buddy, what happens to our cars now?
midlifecrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 18:40   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifecrisis View Post
I've been seeing new Vivas in both Petrol and Diesel versions on the roads. Don't remember the dealer though.
Why did they take a car like the viva off the market??? It was the cheapest diesel sedan with a great resale value.
Mobike, buddy, what happens to our cars now?
wow, is that true about viva crdi (new ones) on the road now? I havent seen one since my last post. Petrol, yes but no diesels.

Dont worry about the possibility of bad re-sale as long you maintain your car well, you will certainely get a good price. I usually palm off all my cars to close friends ( done 3 cars already) as they are highly impressed with my maintenance and always got a mind-boggling price, which they are more than happy to pay. So I dont think it will be any different for this car
Old 12th June 2007, 18:49   #38
BHPian

How about spares. What happens to phased out cars where spares are concerned? I've seen a lot of Fiat Siennas with broken tailights. I'm assuming the company did not produce them locally.
Or should that be a separate thread?
midlifecrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2007, 10:53   #39
Team-BHP Support

I do know for a fact that manafacturers phasing out cars have to mandatorily carry spares for a minimum period. Which I suppose is 5 years+ or maybe more, not sure of the period. I am not worried at all as i plan to keep this car for 5 years or less.