Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: NHC with ABS/Airbags are similar prices which would you choose
SX4 146 49.66%
NHC 148 50.34%
Voters: 294. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5th September 2007, 12:30   #226
Senior - BHPian

Default Planning to Buy Honda City VTEC

Guys,
I am going to buy Vtec by Next month.
Tell me,is really Honda City comes with airBags and ABS.
If and all it's true,i'll wait for new Honda to come.
Gimme Suggestions

Thanx
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 12:37   #227
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well though this is off topic,we keep criticising honda for its lack of safety features,one of the days i noticed the skoda octavia doesnt even have rear discs.....12l car and no rear disc brakes.sorry for going off topic.

coming back to the topic,why has this thread become sx4 vs honda????
wow!!the poll shows 50:50 votes for either cars.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 12:43   #228
BANNED

Hey vkochar, people who drive Exi are also humans. Why do you say that model should be left out? Also people who drive SX4 Vxi are also humans. I don't know why Maruti didn't include this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
What is the point really, Exi & GXi still come without Safety Features. :(

Honda should have it all around the models ( or the least just leave the Base Exi Model )
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 12:47   #229
Senior - BHPian

Well I wanted Honda to have it across the Model range but then our Auto Companies in India think otherwise.

I personally feel that Airbags /ABs should be compulsory on all cars ( wether its a 3lacs car or 30 lacs car ) PERIOD
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 14:14   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

I think we should wait till Honda announces it, instead of going by what some auto-mag speculates. I somehow feel that they will have ABS and airbags across all the NHC models.

Or at the least they will give it as standard on the top-end models and make it an option on the lower-end model. That way they can have the cake and eat it too - they can say that they provide safety features like the competition, and at the same time charge for them separately if the customer opts for it (thereby not requiring prices to be hiked).

I dont expect Honda to sit back and let Suzuki walk away with the leadership position that they held for so long.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 20:35   #231
BHPian

If these safety features are not compulsary on all cars in immediate future, at least they must be optional on all variants.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2007, 06:01   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, that would be the way to go. Let those who want such safety features, have an option to get them on any variant of the car that they choose to buy. That way, one does not have to take (and pay for) all the bells and whistles that come with the top-end variant, just to have the safety features that come only on the top-end.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 6th September 2007 at 06:20.
Old 6th September 2007, 07:02   #233
BHPian

I guess the ABS, airbags etc will bring back some of the lost customers of honda, so the initial advantage SX4 got due to the safety features etc will be gone.
Shankyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2007, 07:47   #234
BANNED

if you had a choice between the swift zxi and swift vdi,both priced the same.which one would you buy?because what the market statistics show is,that customers are opting for the vdi instaed of the zxi....f.e over safety.

i brought the swift into question just to make a comparison and nothing else!!

in the end it really doesnt matter what we say or think,the customers are buying cars which give them the best f.e.

Last edited by hellspawn : 6th September 2007 at 07:48.
Old 6th September 2007, 08:04   #235
BHPian

When can we expect the new versions?
alankarm@sancha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2007, 08:14   #236
BHPian

Yesterday I saw on Zee Business that Honda is coming out with new Honda City upgrade in September itself! They also mentioned that the price might be hiked slightly.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/2324824.cms

Glad that I did ot buy NHC Vtec. Till last moment (2 weeks back) they tried to fool me saying no plans of any variant till mid 2008!

Cedia anyway rocks. Anyone considering spending money on Vtec must TD Cedia and then decide.
megger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2007, 08:26   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
if you had a choice between the swift zxi and swift vdi,both priced the same.which one would you buy?because what the market statistics show is,that customers are opting for the vdi instaed of the zxi....f.e over safety.

i brought the swift into question just to make a comparison and nothing else!!

in the end it really doesnt matter what we say or think,the customers are buying cars which give them the best f.e.
Though debatable, but it is a fact that over 90% people first ask the price, then fuel efficiency.

In a way it is good since FE cars are relatively less taxing on environment.
megger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2007, 08:36   #238
Senior - BHPian

^^ Has this been confirmed or pure speculation based on rumors?
aseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2007, 09:15   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
if you had a choice between the swift zxi and swift vdi,both priced the same.which one would you buy? because what the market statistics show is,that customers are opting for the vdi instaed of the zxi....f.e over safety.
I can answer this one. We were analysing the Swift options (Vxi, Vdi and Zxi) in March for my Dad and finally opted for the Zxi - only reason being safety. If the Airbags were not there in Zxi, we would have taken Vxi+ABS.

But then again, every customer need not think the same. For us also, FE was important, but came a notch below safety.

Ofcourse, diesel was not too much in contention because of low monthly running (not even 1000kms a month), our apprehensions about maintenance exp. for diesels in the long run and our affinity for petrol cars in general due to having used only petrols.
Old 6th September 2007, 10:37   #240
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
^^ Has this been confirmed or pure speculation based on rumors?
what has been confirmed???
that honda is going to launch new variants or that maruti is planning to discontinue zxi variant of its petrol model.