Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 7th June 2007, 06:51   #46
BHPian

Can you provide some more info, which city, dealer name if possible, any color restrictions, any info is appreciated, you can PM me. THere is still wait for VXi also. It seems everyone is buying ZXi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by premdiv View Post
Incidentally the maruti dealer called me today and offered 30k discount on SX4 Vxi model (no discount on Zxi). But he told me that the waiting period is now one month.
strips007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2007, 22:51   #47
BHPian

Its from indus motors trivandrum and they said its the discount maruti is offering from monday onwards. ZXi has all those controls,ABS etc so they are pushing the VXi before logan really kicks up.
premdiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 11:55   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premdiv View Post
Its from indus motors trivandrum and they said its the discount maruti is offering from monday onwards. ZXi has all those controls,ABS etc so they are pushing the VXi before logan really kicks up.
Still SX3 VXi is lot better than Logan. BTW, per recent ad from MUL, VXi must be delivered to all soon.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 09:57   #49
Senior - BHPian

sx4 number of cars sold for october 2007 -> 4177
maruti 800 number of cars sold for october 2007-> 4477

Honda total car sales -> 5287[individual breakup not available]

If things go as they are the day is not very far when sx4 outsells the good old maruti 800 even.

Source:
http://www.business-standard.com/com...o=302975&tab=r
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 10:56   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
sx4 number of cars sold for october 2007 -> 4177
So,Honda launches the improved NHC with more features and SX4 sales surge even more while Honda skids?

Still, I don't think this trend will continue for long although I hope it does. Maybe then Honda will make ABS and Airbags avaliable from mid-range I-DSi NHC's.

Besides, I don't think the surge in SX4 sales is because of higher demand, it seems like Maruti has managed to ramp up production and reduce waiting times and hence the 4k+ sales. That's just my opinion though.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 11:28   #51
Team-BHP Support

the only thing hampering the SX-4 and Swift diesel sales is production capability, which is a very good thing.
SX4 is a value for money product, and this reinstates the fact that "Atleast in the sub 7L space, VFM sells"
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 15:01   #52
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Still, I don't think this trend will continue for long although I hope it does.
I think it will.....until the all new NHC is launched next year. But then, we will also have the diesel SX4 by then (prolly mid-2008).

Quote:
Besides, I don't think the surge in SX4 sales is because of higher demand, it seems like Maruti has managed to ramp up production
?? Anyone can produce all that they want. Its the demand that dictates the sales. Sure the wait has come down, but then the NHC didnt have a wait period at all did it?

Last edited by GTO : 2nd November 2007 at 15:03.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 15:19   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
?? Anyone can produce all that they want. Its the demand that dictates the sales. Sure the wait has come down, but then the NHC didnt have a wait period at all did it?

The number might have surged up because of clearing of the waitlisted cars. Will have to see the the figures for the next couple of months to get a clearer picture
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2007, 11:36   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone can produce all that they want. Its the demand that dictates the sales.
Quote:
The number might have surged up because of clearing of the waitlisted cars. Will have to see the the figures for the next couple of months to get a clearer picture
Thanks Eddy . Thats exactly what I was trying to say.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote