Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 23rd June 2006, 16:29   #181
BHPian

look guys, forget EU and US. most of the cars we get are sourced from Thailand.. now i dont know why this is the case..why not from singapore or Malaysia, but Thailand it is... Corolla, Qualis, Innova, the upcoming VIOS, the Ford Focus (upcoming) , Endeavour, the NEW Endeavour (Ranger), Honda City older one, NHC, Accord, Civic, all these are carried down to us from Thailand.
can be assured that the one coming to india is really very coool lookin! US or EU or whateva!
Old 23rd June 2006, 16:51   #182
Team-BHP Support

We were not talking about where the car is made, rather which bodystyle we are getting.
Old 23rd June 2006, 17:14   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

So, now that D-day is almost here, how many of us are actually waiting to get our hands on the Civic (buy it ie.) ? I for one will only be drooling as it is only a year since I got my car. And anyway, my next car will be a small car, in tune with the city logic (bigger the city, smaller your car).
Old 23rd June 2006, 18:30   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
umm landcruiser...

The Civic has a confirmed launch date in the first week of July. That is next month. And it is the American Civic we will get, not the EU one. And I think 98.93% of the members here would infact prefer the EU Civic which is sportier and far better looking than the elongated NHC looks of the American/Asian Civic we will be getting.
You say so. I prefer the US Civic's looks. But I have seen pics of the EU model in the car mags. Anyways 1 more week and we will get to know. EU model has rounded tail lamps and rounded front lamps which i didnt like. I liked the American model's tail lamps. cool.
Old 23rd June 2006, 20:15   #185
Senior - BHPian

We are surely getting the boring American Civic. The EU Civic looks the part. It has triangular exhast pipes and it is a mini rocket ship. Sadly we get the boring American one.

Thailand is one of Honda base where many parts are made and sourced. NHC owners can recall by opening the hood and see "Made in Thailand" written. Infact if you open the fuse box on the down right from the drivers seat, it has ABS also mentioned which is standard in Thai.
Old 23rd June 2006, 22:23   #186
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Got a call from Honda today - expect an info pack on the Civic shortly
......which was a lot of crap detailing the 7 civic generations just like what they did for the accord when it first came
Old 24th June 2006, 00:51   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
4th of July seems confirmed.
And here's an official image from the Honda site.

http://www.hondacarindia.com/civic/c...ew/default.asp

Folks .. the image I posted here is from the INDIAN Honda site ! This is the shape we are getting.
Old 24th June 2006, 02:10   #188
Team-BHP Support

The front is like the Acura, not that its a bad thing, but in the US its difficult to distinguish the Acura TL and the civic.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 24th June 2006 at 02:11.
Old 24th June 2006, 05:22   #189
Senior - BHPian

WHoa!!!!! That's not TL is not based on Civic but on Accord.

Its the RSx and CSX that are based on the Honda Civic. Even Cr-v is based on Honda Civic.
Old 24th June 2006, 07:04   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
in the US its difficult to distinguish the Acura TL and the civic.
No way! There is no way mistaking that sleek and sharply styled Acura TL for a Civic!

Off topic: Every time I see the Acura TL, I really really wish I had the $$ to buy that car!

Last edited by amit : 24th June 2006 at 07:06.
Old 24th June 2006, 14:47   #191
BHPian

There is so much hype about the Honda Civic lauch in India whereas in North America, I've grown tired of them. Wherever you go, you'll always find a Civic near you. Sometimes you feel like you're being stalked by them.
The Civic should have been launched in India atleast 10 years back. Heck they even have it in Pakistan for such a long time now.
Old 24th June 2006, 20:08   #192

i had recieved call from them they told me that there will be only two varient automatic and manual no other and price range form 10L to 12.5L and it will be launch on 5th July... They also told me it will be 134bhp engine
Old 24th June 2006, 22:10   #193
BHPian

Default ciVic Design

It is good to know that the engine is only detuned by 7 HP to account for the Octane Ratings of the Indian petrol (or lack there of)

Civic will be a great success regardless in the Indian Market..as it is a very new design and it is a Honda.

The Body Style is the 'Asian Version' of Civic. IMHO the US design is the best looking and then the EU Hatchback. Why can't Honda just give the Japanese or US version..

Here is a very good review of the Civic 1.8S from Malaysia . Unfortunately Honda doesn't believe that Indians deserve or care for the 2 litre Vtec engine.

Here is an excerpt of the review followed by the full link. Following that are the photos that show the difference in the rear lamp cluster of Asian (Thai+Malay+Filipino version) Civic. I hate the bug eye head lights as well from this version..but oh well atleast India gets Civic.

Full review link http://asia.vtec.net/Reviews/8GCivic...ive/index.html

"Well, to cap off the impressions of the 1.8S test-drive in a single sentence, I have to say that most glaringly was that it has a surprisingly good handling ! Indeed so good was its handling for normal driving style (and perhaps also due to my 'new' expectation levels), subjectively I felt that the 1.8S handles better than 2.0S ! "

Rear of the Indian/Asian Civic

US ciVic rear

Last edited by HentaiDesi : 24th June 2006 at 22:13.
Old 24th June 2006, 22:25   #194
BHPian

Default Nooo..please don't compare a TL and ciVic

There is no way a TL even remotely resembles a Civic. TL may look more like TSX or or even an Accord..but the difference between TL and Civic is unmistakable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
The front is like the Acura, not that its a bad thing, but in the US its difficult to distinguish the Acura TL and the civic.
Old 24th June 2006, 23:26   #195
Senior - BHPian

What according to you is the difference in the civic that we are getting and the US civic?

The civics are so common here that It doesnt turn heads anymore.As Amit mentioned

and As another user mentioned I too get a feeling I am being stalked.
Closed Thread