Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 29th May 2007, 07:03   #1
BHPian

Thumbs down Maruti has stopped selling over the counter spares at it's service centres!

Yesterday I had gone to Bimal motors showroom/service centre located at whitefield in bangalore to buy the rear tail lamp assembly for my zen. When asked for spares, everyone there told me that from the last 2 months, they have stopped selling over the counter spares. One person manning the spares counter also told me that maruti has opened it's own distribution channel for over the counter spares and hence they have stopped selling the spares over the counter!! They told me that I had to go to any one of the 3 places in bangalore where these shops were located (JC Road, Hosur Road or Ramamurthy Nagar)!!! Their other solution was to ask me to get the car and they fix it, requiring me to drive for over an hour to get a 5 minute job done!

Has anyone in other cities faced the same problem? Has Maruti really stopped over the counter sales of spares at the service centres?
mtnrajdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2007, 09:00   #2
BHPian

I bought a few spares from Surakshaa last week
gopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2007, 12:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hmm.. I think the dealer is bluffing. Why dont u email Maruti and find out?
spadival is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2007, 18:55   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Hmm.. I think the dealer is bluffing. Why dont u email Maruti and find out?
Yes, i think i'll do that today
mtnrajdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2007, 13:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

Even if they dont sell directly, it will be available from the various spare parts delaer, just look for the MGP logo. (the OEM manufacturer also sells directly to disti's)
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2007, 08:36   #6
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Thats a lot of BS being thrown at you. Parts are still being sold over the counter at RNS. Last I remember I bought quite a lot of stuff in the past one month.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote