Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2007, 17:16   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhajee View Post
Oh, so the news is out !! Its a MUV, code named "U" and would be 2.5l, 2 Valves, 4 Cyl. 215 Nm, 66 kW powertrain. Additionally, it has the latest Bosch ECU of the current EDC17 generation. Scorpio 2.2 and 2.6 both sport the previous EDC16 platform ECUs. However, the final software would be done by end sept.
And you must be very close to the team which is doing it! The EDCxx family name is not exactly public knowledge, if you catch my drift. Vorsicht, mein freund, es ist nicht eine gute Idee, internes Info draußen zu besprechen
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2007, 19:45   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 244 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
And you must be very close to the team which is doing it! The EDCxx family name is not exactly public knowledge, if you catch my drift. Vorsicht, mein freund, es ist nicht eine gute Idee, internes Info draußen zu besprechen
@DerAlte, are you also part of the same team since your german translates to this.

Quote:
Caution, my friend, it is not a good idea to discuss internal info. outside
anyways, such information causes no harm , changes no plans for the manufacturers

Last edited by dadu : 17th June 2007 at 19:46.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2007, 20:15   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 191
Thanked: Once
Default

DerAlte/ dadu
The EDCxx is public knowledge for diesel enthusiasts. They will also be happy to know that M&M are working with the same chaps who supplied the injection system - high pressure pumps, injectors and the engine control unit for the motor racing common rail system - for the Audi R10 TDI.

Not anymore German than a Skoda, but robust stuff all the same.
wizardofid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 11:32   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
@DerAlte, are you also part of the same team since your german translates to this.
No, only old associations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
anyways, such information causes no harm , changes no plans for the manufacturers
The manufacturers think differently - risk to IP and business: information is money!!! Such things are seen as lack of discretion, and viewed quite negatively in the industry. Perhaps @jhajee should double-check the fine-print he might have signed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardofid View Post
DerAlte/ dadu
The EDCxx is public knowledge for diesel enthusiasts. They will also be happy to know that M&M are working with the same chaps who supplied the injection system - high pressure pumps, injectors and the engine control unit for the motor racing common rail system - for the Audi R10 TDI.
"Public knowledge for diesel enthusiasts" is from the enthusiasts' p-o-v, not the manufacturers'. Sure, there are performance-enhancing ROMs available in UK, but those are, well, 'underground' stuff. Public talk is, however, frowned upon.

The R10 setup is completely different - the RPMs are too high for the regular ECU's (and measurement / control techniques) and injectors.

Cheers!
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 11:58   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 244 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
The manufacturers think differently - risk to IP and business: information is money!!! Such things are seen as lack of discretion, and viewed quite negatively in the industry.
I understand the concern but they are expected to take up a patent before they release/implement such technology to work, (I am sure they might have too, like others).

So that its only in the talk and no fringing IP, only discussions like these.

You can always lookup the documentation of any patent to understand the technology behind it and discuss it.

Although you pov is also valid.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 19:44   #21
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 2
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

can any bodt tell me what is full form of EDC.In
latest Bosch ECU of the current EDC17 generation.
i dont think mahindra is comming with v engine
vibin jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 14:19   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 1,594
Thanked: 439 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardofid View Post
Is the 2000cc turbocharged engine they mentioned a Rover?
They have been using an ordinary Isuzu turbo diesel, probably sourced from Hindustan Motors. There have been reports about introduction of a more powerful Rover CRDI diesel.
directinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda planning affordable product range to increase market share Aditya Motorbikes 2 19th December 2014 20:40
Skoda Planning to Reposition the product lineup CarsPG The Indian Car Scene 106 27th January 2010 17:54
OH NO!! Another Ferrari Enzo crashed.. and another... and another (w/ video) GTO The International Automotive Scene 72 26th May 2007 14:09
Another crash, another fire, another death in Delhi suman Street Experiences 7 15th December 2006 15:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:05.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks