Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 2nd February 2008, 13:01   #91
BHPian

I will go for the Stanley leather seats. I was impressed with the ones in the 1.8v that I took for test drive.

The dealer is Dakshin Honda on Hosur Road. I am planning to take the car in my company's name. Hence the 30K discount is a corporate offer. I too heard from a couple of my friends that 12K is being offered for 2008 Civic. I also heard the same from Whitefield Honda dealer.

I will confirm this with the dealer once again and let you guyz know about it.

I am looking at the carbon bronze pearl and nighthawk pearl for civic. Which do you guyz suggest for the color?
omatunto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2008, 21:40   #92
Senior - BHPian

Any reason you want to take in company's name. If you leave the company then the car has to be transferred to your name. Its like a second sale. You become the second owner. This effectively reduces the value of the car if you choose to sell it off at some point.

We got a discount of 12K because my wife was an employee of an MNC. So we took the car in her name to avail the discount.

Nighthawk b;ack is awesome. However maintenance is twice the amount for Black. If you have a covered parking and relatively dust free surroundings go for it.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2008, 22:50   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You said it! I saw the Civic first in the USA and fell in love with the rear end.

Ha Ha , quite a nice joke!
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 12:37   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Any reason you want to take in company's name. If you leave the company then the car has to be transferred to your name. Its like a second sale. You become the second owner. This effectively reduces the value of the car if you choose to sell it off at some point.

We got a discount of 12K because my wife was an employee of an MNC. So we took the car in her name to avail the discount.

Nighthawk b;ack is awesome. However maintenance is twice the amount for Black. If you have a covered parking and relatively dust free surroundings go for it.

Yep, I completely understand that. I plan to take a company leased car. So I have no other go. I need to take it in my company's name.

I have an open car park. I guess I will go for the Carbon Bronze Pearl.
Old 9th February 2008, 11:10   #95
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Ha Ha , quite a nice joke!
What joke? Honest, I loved the Civics rear profile.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 12:12   #96
BHPian

Default Indian Looks .. Muaaahhh.

At least said that it looks much better than the US model. At the risk of irking seniors, I feel the Civic and the New Accord don't look too exciting, too buffy :(. I have read on this forum about the European civic being super sexy. Just checked UK Honda Civic and was I impressed!!!! Whoa, one heck of a car, but the design takes time to sink in.

Honda (UK) - Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Maybe its just me but I find the Indian/JDM Civic looks way way better than the american version. Infact the rear of the Indian civic reminds me more of the way sportier Integra/RSX than the american civic.
given2fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2008, 10:27   #97

Default Honda to discontinue Civic S Model ?

I had decided to book a Honda Civic S Automatic, but was surprised when Whitefield Honda called me told that Honda will dis-continue the S Model. Only V Model would be available. Do any of you know more about this ?
sudindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2008, 13:27   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudindra View Post
I had decided to book a Honda Civic S Automatic, but was surprised when Whitefield Honda called me told that Honda will dis-continue the S Model. Only V Model would be available. Do any of you know more about this ?
i think this happened 2 months ago. even on their sites its updated. auto now only in V spec. stupid honda india AGAIN
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2008, 13:36   #99
Senior - BHPian

Yeah.. Bad decision. Maybe the low sales on the AT drove them towards this decision. In Bangalore the 1.8V would almost be 15 lakhs which is way too high.

I bought the S and have almost converted it into a V except for the ORVM indicators. And it is definitely more cheaper than buying the V as you don't have to pay road tax on the extra price !!
Old 22nd March 2008, 23:42   #100

Default Civic discounts

hey guys, my honda dealer called me today to tell that honda is offering rs.40000 discount (free insurance) on the civic-s 2007 december batch, and rs.12000 discount for the civic-v. so the on-road price of honda civic-s comes to around rs.11,78,000. but he says that full payment must be made before march 31 (i can claim for only 12.5% depreciation i think, against 25% ? if i buy after april 1) and there are only 2 cars left - the metallic blue and black....what do you think?? also, he promised to throw in some free extra fittings, since our previous 2 cars were honda (city vtec 1998 and city vtec 2000). what do you guys suggest?? is the rs.40000 discount a good deal or would i be losing money looking at the bigger picture, if i buy the civic before march 31 (as compared to the tax i would pay based the difference in depreciation values)? please help!!
nandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2008, 20:38   #101
BHPian

Nandi

Please search through Team-BHP. There is a recently opened thread which discussed the pros / cons of buying a Y2007 car in 2008.
GTO - Touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 10:13   #102

Thanks for the help GTO, found the info very useful.....one more thing...is there a new model civic coming anytime soon and is that why Honda are offering these discounts on Civic ?
nandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 13:57   #103
Senior - BHPian

Nope. don't think so. The new accord is going to be launched now. I think they'll just have a facelift for the Civic and add some more goodies and that would be it. But even this wouldn't be later rather than sooner.
Old 26th March 2008, 17:09   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandi View Post
Thanks for the help GTO, found the info very useful.....one more thing...is there a new model civic coming anytime soon and is that why Honda are offering these discounts on Civic ?

Well it is the Civic hybrid that is coming to India this year. The discounts could be because of the upcoming competition from the New Corolla and the Jetta.