Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2007, 22:39   #211
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,083
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

I think M&M counts on the fact that it is a different bunch of people that goes in for Tata. Perhaps they don't really see their market being threatened.
anupmathur is offline  
Old 5th October 2007, 09:58   #212
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 244 Times
Default

I thought someone wrote Diwali earlier, but since there is no official release, all this might be speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
I had enquired with a mahindra showroom guy and he said eagle is expected around feb-mar 08.
In some sense you are right, there are different kinds of people favouring Scorpio and Safari. More for Scorpio I would say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
I think M&M counts on the fact that it is a different bunch of people that goes in for Tata. Perhaps they don't really see their market being threatened.
dadu is offline  
Old 5th October 2007, 11:33   #213
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 448
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Is this the one??

Economic Times: Article Window


It says it will be launched in india in 3 yrs!!

Regards,
amohit is offline  
Old 5th October 2007, 18:04   #214
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Mahindra is going to decrease the price of the Scoprio with the new variant. Read it on fordindia.blogspot.com
BUSA is offline  
Old 5th October 2007, 19:26   #215
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chennai-not at home now
Posts: 100
Thanked: Once
Default

I tried a search so this didn't come up, i had heard from a source sometime back that, the eagle engined scorpio will be called the 'Hawk'. Don't know why they are obssesed with birds! And electronics might even include bits like rain sensors etc.
Sparkie is offline  
Old 7th October 2007, 18:51   #216
BHPian
 
Monster_BHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 188
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

So now that the Safari VTT2.2 is out, when can we expect this one to be out? Anyone say before the festive season?
Monster_BHP is offline  
Old 8th October 2007, 18:35   #217
BHPian
 
Monster_BHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 188
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Well i guess most people are just glad the Safari 2.2 is out for now and most people don't have the patients to wait for the Scorpio. Well if its cheaper and it handle better than the Safari then i guess this one is worth the wait too.

Any news on when this one is going to be out?

Last edited by Monster_BHP : 8th October 2007 at 18:36.
Monster_BHP is offline  
Old 8th October 2007, 22:31   #218
BHPian
 
vibzez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: N. Delhi
Posts: 98
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Over-all, its been widely agreed that the scorpio is less of "troublesome" vehicle as compared to the safari. I vouch that out of personal experience and ownership. I personally like the safari, but constant quality-control niggles make the scorpio a sane"r" choice. This is also a major reason for the scorpio gaining more popularity than the safari, and due to which Mahindra are feeling smug, even if the launch is late.
vibzez is offline  
Old 9th October 2007, 08:19   #219
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,083
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibzez View Post
Over-all, its been widely agreed that the scorpio is less of "troublesome" vehicle as compared to the safari. I vouch that out of personal experience and ownership. I personally like the safari, but constant quality-control niggles make the scorpio a sane"r" choice. This is also a major reason for the scorpio gaining more popularity than the safari, and due to which Mahindra are feeling smug, even if the launch is late.
My feelings are almost exactly the same, vib.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
I think M&M counts on the fact that it is a different bunch of people that goes in for Tata. Perhaps they don't really see their market being threatened.
anupmathur is offline  
Old 9th October 2007, 10:08   #220
Senior - BHPian
 
himanshugoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: !!!!
Posts: 2,006
Thanked: 1,018 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_BHP View Post
Well i guess most people are just glad the Safari 2.2 is out for now and most people don't have the patients to wait for the Scorpio. Well if its cheaper and it handle better than the Safari then i guess this one is worth the wait too.

Any news on when this one is going to be out?

you are joking, right!
himanshugoswami is offline  
Old 9th October 2007, 10:42   #221
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 244 Times
Default

Lets not under estimate the Scorpio, it aint selling for nothing + we are already aware that the QC of M&M is better.

If you look at the sales figures you will know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
you are joking, right!
dadu is offline  
Old 9th October 2007, 11:06   #222
BHPian
 
binoyb22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: cochin
Posts: 168
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

i think scorpio will be on par with or even better than the safari 2.2
lets wait n see...whats in store...
any updates on scorpio launch??
binoyb22 is offline  
Old 9th October 2007, 13:56   #223
BHPian
 
Monster_BHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 188
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
you are joking, right!
When i said "it handles better" i meant the Scorpio engine is always better than the Safaris, more perky and more powerful. But i certainly didn't mean that the Scorpio handles better on road, the safari is way better in terms of comfort,safety and over all handling. If not for the Scorpios bad track record on going turtle, i would say the Scorpio is better but its not.

P.S. Any news on this front?

Last edited by Monster_BHP : 9th October 2007 at 13:59.
Monster_BHP is offline  
Old 9th October 2007, 14:24   #224
BHPian
 
Monster_BHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 188
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Ok, i just spoke with my dealer here in Chennai, he sounded sure that it will be released next month and he told me to definitely wait. So good news on this front.

If its released i may be going in for the Scorpio instead of the Safari, simply because i am buying an SUV for touring the places i wanted to see for many years. So i am afraid if i buy a Safari it would attract to much attention, if say i go into a small village and all the village folk looking at me as if i have committed a crime by buying such a flashy vehicle. You know how these people look when a car goes through a small village! It freaks me out and i get all guilty inside. The Scorpio on the other hand is quite common these days and hope to maintain a sort of low profile and not attract to much attention, that would be missing the point of the peaceful road trip. More over its supposed to be cheaper by 2 or 3 lakhs right?

Does anyone agree?!
Monster_BHP is offline  
Old 9th October 2007, 14:29   #225
BHPian
 
dkamath's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 545
Thanked: 88 Times
Default

not quite right, i guess. i believe scorpio is priced about 25-30k rs. less than the safari. not sure about the price difference at micro level among the models though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_BHP View Post
Ok, i just spoke with my dealer here in Chennai, he sounded sure that it will be released next month and he told me to definitely wait. So good news on this front.

If its released i may be going in for the Scorpio instead of the Safari, simply because i am buying an SUV for touring the places i wanted to see for many years. So i am afraid if i buy a Safari it would attract to much attention, if say i go into a small village and all the village folk looking at me as if i have committed a crime by buying such a flashy vehicle. You know how these people look when a car goes through a small village! It freaks me out and i get all guilty inside. The Scorpio on the other hand is quite common these days and hope to maintain a sort of low profile and not attract to much attention, that would be missing the point of the peaceful road trip. More over its supposed to be cheaper by 2 or 3 lakhs right?

Does anyone agree?!
dkamath is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra Scorpio AT coming. EDIT, now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 79 29th July 2016 17:37
2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs himanshugoswami The Indian Car Scene 1108 30th October 2014 13:48
Captiva AWD launching on Jan 26th EDIT: Now launched machhan81 The Indian Car Scene 62 11th October 2010 15:32
VW Jetta is Launching in India EDIT: Now Launched nicejits The Indian Car Scene 249 8th October 2008 15:41
Scorpio SLX CRDE or Wait for Scorpio Eagle or Used Elantra or Wait for Skoda Fabia ? dharmu99 Hatchbacks 9 25th October 2007 12:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks