Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 28th June 2007, 22:47   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Give credit where it is due. Not all that Fiat does is wrong or bad.
Am happy to give due credit to FIAT.

But, I hope the FIAT fans give due credit to Maruti Suzuki for bringing this fantastic engine (credits to FIAT again ) into our market.

Guys, This shortage of Maruti- is it at the diesel engine plant or at their main plant?
Old 28th June 2007, 22:53   #32
Senior - BHPian

I will give credit to all FIAT / GM / SUZUKI ... If its in collaboration then all deserve credit not just Fiat or Suzuki.
Old 28th June 2007, 22:56   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Guys, This shortage of Maruti- is it at the diesel engine plant or at their main plant?
Manesar plant, the new plant.

Swift DDiS is taking the available capacity. They also have a huge export commitment to fulfill. It will be a while before we see the SX4 DDiS. I think they will do large numbers like swift before the diesel launch.

But actually, Maruti is giving enough time for Honda and others to pull up its socks against the Diesel onslaught.
Old 28th June 2007, 23:55   #34
Senior - BHPian

Guys its not a Fiat engine. Its a Fiat-GM engine so when we talk about the engine we should surely give credit to GM as well.
Old 29th June 2007, 07:20   #35
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

OMG! Pls leave the issue of whose engine it is! Stop it now! Topic is to discuss about the SX4 DDis launch.
Old 29th June 2007, 10:09   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
But, I hope the FIAT fans give due credit to Maruti Suzuki for bringing this fantastic engine (credits to FIAT again ) into our market.
No doubt about that. Maruti has to be given credit for getting it here first and giving the Indian motorist a wonderful car with a great engine. I also hope Maruti's antics with the JTD and the SX4 prompt other laggards to move their collective backsides and give us some good stuff in the car and engine department.

More on topic, I think the SX4 DDiS will make a lot of sense, but Maruti having burnt its fingers once with the Baleno may wait for some more time before taking on the Skoda diesels. Also the 1.3 will make sense as the 1.9 will be way costly. But dream we can, can't we?
Old 29th June 2007, 10:13   #37
Senior - BHPian

FIAT => Thanks for such a nice engine
Maruti => Thanks for introducing new technology in India

I am impressed how Maruti is burning a hole in Honda's pocket.. First City n now very soon CRV will be targeted.. Its time for Honda to learn a lesson now.. Maruti keep going... We are waiting for you to enter premium segment with big guns..
Old 29th June 2007, 10:17   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I am impressed how Maruti is burning a hole in Honda's pocket.. First City n now very soon CRV will be targeted.. Its time for Honda to learn a lesson now.. Maruti keep going... We are waiting for you to enter premium segment with big guns..
Hell yeah.

But as an aside, we need Hyundai to wake up as well. To keep Maruti in check. Heh heh.
Old 29th June 2007, 10:24   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
People tend to call ZenD and EsteemD failures because they had issues with excessive NHV levels, suspension etc.
The NVH levels were bad with the initial diesels. But was there really that significant an improvement with the so-called cutting edge CRDi engines ? Not sure, because the Accent CRDis that I see in my office parking lot rattle like hell and they are just like 2-3 years old max.

The Mercs do not seem to have such issues. So is it that there are 2 types of CRDI technologies - a better, costlier one for the big guns and a cheaper one for the lower-end cars ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
we need Hyundai to wake up as well. To keep Maruti in check.
Very true. A monopoly works against the consumer. But then, before it tries to keep MUL in check, I guess they can take a look within and sort out the quality issues their cars are facing (axle trouble with brand new cars, petrol engines needing overhaul within 40K kms etc).
Old 29th June 2007, 10:24   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai playing safe at this time... Their main competition is Fiesta than SX4.. Verna petrol is also in the SX4 range rt?? Has Hyundai started giving disc or free guddies on that model??
Old 29th June 2007, 10:52   #41
Senior - BHPian

Honda might be in trouble. Even if they do something with the new City on the petrol front, they have no answer on the diesel front. Honda has wonderful diesel technology and its time it used it in India. Think what it could do to the sales of City, Civic, Accord and CRV. They seem to be content with the profits rather than numbers.
Old 29th June 2007, 16:22   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure, because the Accent CRDis that I see in my office parking lot rattle like hell and they are just like 2-3 years old max.
That is because the engine is a three pot diesel, the Verna's dont vibrate all that much.
Old 29th June 2007, 16:56   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Busa, does it matter whether its a 3-pot or 4-pot as far as NVH levels go ? I am no diesel guy, but CRDI is CRDI right, irrespective of the number of cylinders ?
Old 29th June 2007, 17:04   #44
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

yes it does matter when the engine is a 3 cylinder or a 4 cyl engine.3 cylinder engines have an inherent flaw of engine balancing.
the rotational mass in a 3 cylinder engine cant be balanced to completely reduce nvh whereas in a 4 cylinder engine its easier to balance the engine.its not specific to diesels,its a problem in petrol engines as well.alto and maruti800 will have higher nvh than a zen because the former are 3 cyl cars whereas the latter is a 4 cylinder car.in 4 cylinders ,2 cylinders negate the vibrations of the other two whereas you cant do that with a 3 cylinder engine as there are odd number of cylinders.
Old 11th September 2007, 16:45   #45
Senior - BHPian

Default SX4 Diesel Launch

Folks,

Any information about when is the SX4 Diesel launch due? It would not be any time soon as Maruti has production capacity constraints for both the SX4 and the diesel engines. If priced right ( like the petrol Version)this car can surely turn the Diesel Car market upside down. Can we expect any announcements from Maruti at Auto Expo?
Closed Thread