Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 6th July 2007, 20:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Innova and style ???
I am saying the same thing. If you read my post again, I want comfort and style. I get comfort in Innova but no style.
hondadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2007, 20:31   #17
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliper View Post
Where did you clarify it from? The dealer or RTO?
dealer...he said they register a 8 seater as private vehicle.
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2007, 20:37   #18
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
I am saying the same thing. If you read my post again, I want comfort and style. I get comfort in Innova but no style.
Well actually style is subjective...people are buying logan and versa and nhc (i personally hate that shape)...

That said, there is scope for toyota to improve innova in terms of style.
Old 6th July 2007, 21:52   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I have met guys who used Quallis for private and taxy. People who completed 5 lacs kilometers changed only oil, filter (once in 10000km)/brake pads, fluids (once in 40000km) thats all nothing If they drove the car decently.

Innova owners who completed more than lac. km said same what quallis owner said.
Now here comes the reason why they withdrew Qualis suddenly before launching innova..And it worked well too..many of my relatives who had qualis sold them(at a very comfortable resale value) and bought innova..they say they feel like travelling in air-bus.
I have heard that though the qualis made good sales, the margin Toyata got was less(reason i never know)

So until the mahindras launch the innova-ish ingenio, the innova is the king in its segment.
ramzsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2007, 00:38   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
dealer...he said they register a 8 seater as private vehicle.
they can register that vehicle as a private vehicle but according to the rules all the vehicles having more than 8seats should be taken to RTO physically for registration
smartmundu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2007, 02:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
they can register that vehicle as a private vehicle but according to the rules all the vehicles having more than 8seats should be taken to RTO physically for registration
AFAIK all vehicles have to be taken to RTO for registration and the chassy number is checked by the officer and then only the car can be registered, atleast this is the scene in bombay.

This has been done as someone registered two chassis on one number and hence all cars have to physically come to the RTO office.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2007, 11:55   #22
Senior - BHPian

No, all cars do not go to RTO for registration. The dealer/agent makes the impressions of the numbers and takes it to the RTO. They pay a hefty package to the inspectors to get this done, I suppose. And then charge it to us under the guise of service charges. Nothing but bribe. RTA is the most corrupt body in India, I feel. Oh, I forgot the checkposts.
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2007, 20:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

Are you retrofitting the air-con or are you going in for the G1[also what's the discounts on G1 now].

Have seen a retrofitted AC in a qualis ,the work was done at the toyota dealer itself but have to say was very shabby compared to the company fitted one and performance also not satisfactory but maybe that was a one -off case just that I thought should warn you.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2007, 23:44   #24
LLL
BHPian

thanks, dealer said he will be retrofitting.

Here, toyota can take a leaf out of mahindra-renault who have been launching logan variants left, right and center.

Y cant toyota offer a

1) base variant without AC & PS
2) E variant with AC
3) E variant with PS
4) E variant with PS+AC
5) G1
6) G4
7) V

we are having second thoughts about buying innova.
Old 7th July 2007, 23:55   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Y cant toyota offer a

3) E variant with PS
4) E variant with PS+AC
5) G1
6) G4
If they do than who will buy G1 and G4 ??
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2007, 01:22   #26
BANNED

Exactly, if There's an E variant with AC + PS, then what is G1?

I'm not blindly in love with Toyota but they do know what they do!
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2007, 07:37   #27
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Exactly, if There's an E variant with AC + PS, then what is G1?

I'm not blindly in love with Toyota but they do know what they do!
Agreed, they do know what they do BUT only they can understand what they do!!

e.g.
G1 costs 90k more than base E model. Per toyota, if their AC costs 45k and PS costs 25k, total is 70 k. Then what am i getting additional for 20k?

Only item i can see additional on G1 model is body colored bumpers and driver side power windows. dealers initial pre-negotiation estimate for bumper painting was 6k..didnt ask about power windows.

If toyota gives an option, i am sure lots of folks will skip PWs etc and go for ABS/Airbags. But thats not an optional package offered by any manufacturer; so cant pinpoint toyota alone.
Old 8th July 2007, 10:01   #28
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then what am i getting additional for 20k?
engineering + labour + manufacturing costs. but one things for sure...innova is overpriced and toyota is riding high as of now without competition. its very hard to believe theres no competition for the innova...and toyota have been laughing all the way to the bank since qulais !

Last edited by NIP : 8th July 2007 at 10:03.
NIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2007, 13:27   #29
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
engineering + labour + manufacturing costs. !
arent all these costs included in the price of 70k? or that price is only raw material cost??

Confuses me more...toyota gives me only raw materal costs? what else are we missing --- building costs, transportation costs, storage costs, assembly costs, bribes, taxes, octroi???
Old 8th July 2007, 22:21   #30
BHPian

Quote:
arent all these costs included in the price of 70k? or that price is only raw material cost??

Confuses me more...toyota gives me only raw materal costs? what else are we missing --- building costs, transportation costs, storage costs, assembly costs, bribes, taxes, octroi???
Hehe, the fact is, whatever they excuse they make up for charging extra, Toyota is charging what the market will bear. That's basically what all companies do.

They know that you want/need X feature, so they combine it with Y and Z features, and then charge a premium as well.

The only way they can be convinced to forgo their premium is for their to be competition.
caliper is offline   Reply With Quote