Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 9th July 2007, 03:11   #31
BANNED

Ok. So, your point is G1 is overpriced by 20k than E. This was the case when Qualis was around too.
Remember how the GST and the rest were priced. The base version was always a compromise.

Some companies have certain ethics and ways of operation and marketing. Maybe, this is how Toy.... Does it.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2007, 10:33   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
arent all these costs included in the price of 70k? or that price is only raw material cost??

Confuses me more...toyota gives me only raw materal costs? what else are we missing --- building costs, transportation costs, storage costs, assembly costs, bribes, taxes, octroi???
Bro,

After-market or dealer fitment will never match factory fitment in terms of quality...especially if that's Toyota's quality...so that's what that 20K is for - peace of mind.

Believe me, one they open something in your car (to fit A/C or any damn thing), they will not be able to assemble things back again as good as the factory...I have seen this with my Honda.

I think one should buy a car that is never required to be opened up for maintenance (beyond the procedures in user manual and regualr servicing).

I would suggest go for Inniva without thinking of the 20K.
Do not even think of M&M or Tata. They are no way near Toyota in terms of sheer quality and automobile manufacturing talent.

Note: I do not own any of these 3 brands but have driven and/experienced them.

Thanks,
Anand
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2007, 11:30   #33
LLL
BHPian

oh well...they are ruling as there is no competition...honda should launch a odyssey.
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2007, 12:17   #34
Senior - BHPian

Yes, that will be great.
Like US and Euro, we should have the bipolar world "Toyota vs Honda" in every segment...so that no. 1 and no. 2 slots are fixed...others can fight it out No.3 onwards :-)
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2008, 10:10   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
They retrofit air-cons.
...and also ad an electric Fan like they did for ambassadors.
btirthankar is offline   Reply With Quote