Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 1st July 2004, 02:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Honestly, Honda's move has been apt. Nothing wrong, completely moral. They realise that they goofed up a bit and are ready to make the change even before the customer cud realise it. Far better than the Ford Explorer-Firestone case that nearly shut Ford down inspite of knowledge of the fact for years together.

With regards to cracked windscreen, dont be surprised since the temperature conditions are really bad in India. If you think the temperatures in a place like Mumbai on a sunny day hover b/w 33 and 35, forget it. With mass concretization of roads, new buildings coming up and diminishing tree cover, the average temp is far higher than what is in the air. All this is impacting manufacturer calculations regarding thickness and strength of glass leading to cracking of windshields and windscreens alike. And this is not new trouble, even if it is a manufacturing defect. Daewoo Matizes had similar problems back then, i have known of Mercedes windscreens to crack and also similar problems in a host of modern cars.

Revvmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2004, 11:12   #17
Team-BHP Support

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
What i don't agree with is the hypocrisy ppl have shown in india abt Honda siel recalling the city.
When honda recalls it's maturity on their part. If a similar thing was done by maruti, ford or fiat ppl would have called all their cars poor quality products and sales would have crashed in the very next month!..

GTO is offline   Reply With Quote