Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 13th February 2005, 03:47   #61
Senior - BHPian

hey hawkeye
i think the cielo was very good value whenit was launched.
it was about 1lak more then the carb esteem and it was way bigger, faster, safer, comfortable and even a better car. it looked quite decent at that time too
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2005, 07:36   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
hey hawkeye
it was about 1lak more then the carb esteem and it was way bigger, faster, safer, comfortable and even a better car. it looked quite decent at that time too
lambo,

I did buy my Esteem VX (now sold) in '96.
So the Cielo was into consideration too. But dint really like the Cielo's interior then.
The other reason for getting the esteem was that it was tried and tested and was Maruti. And don't forget Cielo was Korean too.

And I am happy and lucky for what I had done.
hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2005, 14:42   #63
Team-BHP Support

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
hey hawkeye
at around 5lacs cielo was a steal and i bought one that time,the car is still with me,and i love my cielo more than any car.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2005, 15:49   #64
Senior - BHPian

hey hawkeye
i personally ound the esteem interiors to be TACKY
the cielo had two types of interiors if i remember.
1 was with a a larger steering and the dash had 1 division
and the other one had a smaller steering and 2 divisions on the dash
besides it was always easier for me to get in and out of the cielo then it was in the esteem and it still is and once i remember that we had packed in 9 people in the cielo in pune bacuse my dads friends astra ot stuck and there wa no other way to travel
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2005, 21:04   #65
Senior - BHPian

The cielo was a good car....it was ahead of its times....but now its gone, daewoo is gone too. So please guys try n stick to the enthusiasts hatred for hyundai and not go off topic. Thanks.

Drifter
drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2005, 22:31   #66
Senior - BHPian

Ok, i'm not here to discuss anything on Hyundai. I've had enuf of hyundai for one life.

Anyway, what i'm here for, is to give you guys this link to a Top Gear episode, which will xplain in detail, why Hyundai (infact anything that's Korean or Malysian) cars are hated. Believe it or not, that's what these guys feel.

So, if you're a Korean or Malaysian car fan, i seriously recommend that you don't download this video. But ofcourse, you can always download it for the Ariel Atom vs CBR 600 RR test, the G55 AMG test and the BMW 1 Series test which are also included in this episode.

Enjoy...........

Top Gear - 26/12/2004 episode. (350MB)

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2005, 23:53   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Ok, i'm not here to discuss anything on Hyundai. I've had enuf of hyundai for one life.

Anyway, what i'm here for, is to give you guys this link to a Top Gear episode, which will xplain in detail, why Hyundai (infact anything that's Korean or Malysian) cars are hated. Believe it or not, that's what these guys feel.

So, if you're a Korean or Malaysian car fan, i seriously recommend that you don't download this video. But ofcourse, you can always download it for the Ariel Atom vs CBR 600 RR test, the G55 AMG test and the BMW 1 Series test which are also included in this episode.

Enjoy...........

Top Gear - 26/12/2004 episode. (350MB)

Shan2nu
Shantanu

thats not good at all ! we cant just blindly beleive what top gear says ! the markets in India and Europe are very very different and here in our market Hyundais are one of the best car makers if not the best !

and today if they are on par with Honda just below Toyota speaks volumes for a company that started of as no hopers but has a reputation in the international scene !

cheers
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2005, 00:08   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thats not good at all ! we cant just blindly beleive what top gear says ! the markets in India and Europe are very very different and here in our market Hyundais are one of the best car makers if not the best !

and today if they are on par with Honda just below Toyota speaks volumes for a company that started of as no hopers but has a reputation in the international scene !
Hey man, keep me out of this. I haven't made a single comment on this thread. I just wanted you guys to watch that vid. I'm not even asking you to believe it, probably those guys don't even know what they're talking about, they might be the dumbest guys on the planet, i don't give a damn.

Some people want to know why Hyundais are hated and this video gives their view as to why it is so. Maybe the scene here is diff from the one in UK but the topic headline says "Why Hyundais are Hated" and not "Why Hyundais are hated in India".

My role in this topic, is completely neutral. I ain't saying they're bad cars and i'm definately not saying they're good.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 15th February 2005 at 00:20.
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2005, 00:09   #69
Senior - BHPian

what Top gear and other testers do is rip the car.
But Hyundai wasnt really meant for that .( except the tiburon to some extent)
Hyundai was solely dedicated to VFM
Even then Hyundai plastics are better than Maruti and Fiat.
Maintainence is affordable and service is good.
Paint job is second next to Honda
I have hardly seen any Hyundai rusting.

Best part is they upgrade their cars faster than any car sold in India
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote