Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2010, 00:16   #136
BHPian
 
scorpio_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 156
Thanked: 66 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrakamat View Post
just for the record i have never bought a new car in last 20 years and have changed 22 cars cos i get bored with driving the same car in about a years time
Hey 22 cars in 20 years is amazing! Could you list down the brands you used already? I think you should the person consulted for any used car query . You can be a consultant .
scorpio_fan is offline  
Old 2nd February 2010, 10:17   #137
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 34
Thanked: 0 Times
Default True Value -rip Off

Hello
Members I bought a maruti esteem Limited Edition 2002 Model from TRUE VALUE Mysore and knowing that their Prices are a little too high compared to the Usual Dealers I still went for the vehicle with the Trust that I wouldnt land up with a Lemon, the Vehicle had done about 60000 kms thats what they claimed when they sold me the vehicle and the body paint was metallic Black which had gone dull.

after a 4 days of Delivery The car already started Rattling all over, and had a strange humming noise from the engine bay and the Gear Box, after 3 more days a I realised the car true Value sold me was a car owned by my Friends Cousin and after enquiring with my friend I learnt that the car had done More than 1,85000 kms and it had met witih two bad major accidents Damaging the Apron, and engine needed Overhauling Soon.

I was really furious I wrote to all the Possible people in Mandovi Motors Mysore all they did was took my car back kept it for 4 days worked on rattling and the humming noise and gave it back and again after two days the car returned to the Normal shape (Rattling, Humming Noise, Steering Column Tightened and Nervous)
I knew Nothing Much could be done and sold my car for 45000 less in a months time.
Now MEMBERS please tell me when a reputed Dealer cheats you like this even after charging you More than the market Price who do we trust.

Below I have Pasted one of the Initial Email's that I had written to the GM Mandovi Motors.

To
The General Manager
Sales & Service
Mandovi Motors
Mysore

Sir,
This is with regards to My car KA12MA5678 Maruthi Esteem VXI which I bought from the true Value Outlet Mysore the sales experience was Moderate and nothing mucg to talk about.
I had to come back for my First service with a whole lot problems Rattling Issues/ Weak Brakes/Steering Column Problem/ A/C Problem and a Abnormal Noise in the Engine issue, inspite of me explaining all the issues to the service advisor there was nothing done on the car, I can tell you Honestly that the car was not attended at all it remains the same and has worsened up till date. Now it seems like the car has been driven for More than what was in the Odometer, This has been my worst experiences with the Vehicles I own and owned.
Mind you I have had 3 vehicles from maruti in the Past and the experience has been really pleasant with SAGAR Automobiles but whatever has happened to me has left me Pondering why a Established Company Like yours have to treat your Customers so badly and go to an extent of Misguiding us.
I have had very awakward experiences with the car because of your negligence I would expect a satisfactory reply or an explaination on the same, if not I will be forced to write to the concerned authorities and the Automobile Media.Hope you would take this Email as a positive Feed back and work toward closing your Loop Holes in the Business.


regards
Bopanna Kunjappa


regards
Bopanna19 is offline  
Old 2nd February 2010, 13:51   #138
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,345
Thanked: 789 Times
Default

bopanna sad to know that you went thru such a lousie experience. Less said the better about Mandovi in Mysore.

Quote:
all they did was took my car back kept it for 4 days worked on rattling and the humming noise and gave it back and again after two days the car returned to the Normal shape (Rattling, Humming Noise, Steering Column Tightened and Nervous)
You cant expect much from these chaps coz once for a brake fluid line which went bust , they said I would need to change the whole brake kit.I said gimme the car and I will get it fixed myself. Put the car on a hoist and found that it was the brake hose which needed replacement. Saved me 6k or so huhhh !!

Quote:
Now MEMBERS please tell me when a reputed Dealer cheats you like this even after charging you More than the market Price who do we trust.
True Value definitely isn't recommended. When I put up my car for sale(baleno) they called me once came home valued the car and said 2.5 lakhs. I was full of smiles and told him to fetch me one at that price. Never heard from them again.
rjstyles69 is offline  
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:43   #139
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RJ 14
Posts: 552
Thanked: 94 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopanna19 View Post
I knew Nothing Much could be done and sold my car for 45000 less in a months time.
Bopanna
You sold it for 45k only?? Here is a thread for an accidental santro. People offered the owner RS 50k as scrap value--
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...dispose-3.html (Need a suggestion: To repair or dispose)

Please unveil one truth.
As the previous owner is your known, just ask him whether they already altered odo readings to 60k or sold the on odo showing 185k?
(Alok) is offline  
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:58   #140
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 34
Thanked: 0 Times
Default True Value -rip Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
Bopanna
You sold it for 45k only?? Here is a thread for an accidental santro. People offered the owner RS 50k as scrap value--
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...dispose-3.html (Need a suggestion: To repair or dispose)

Please unveil one truth.
As the previous owner is your known, just ask him whether they already altered odo readings to 60k or the on odo showing 185k?
I sold it for 45k lesser than what I bought from True value, thats 45k loss in less than two months time and I have been running around without a vehicle since then , well the vehicle had done close to 170000 + kms and the ODO was showin 74000 kms when I picked it up, they assured me that the car has only done 70000 kms + but the Truth was it had already passed the 1 lakh mark and was doing 70,000+ on the second run
Bopanna19 is offline  
Old 2nd February 2010, 16:21   #141
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 682
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopanna19 View Post
after a 4 days of Delivery The car already started Rattling all over, and had a strange humming noise from the engine bay and the Gear Box, after 3 more days a I realised the car true Value sold me was a car owned by my Friends Cousin and after enquiring with my friend I learnt that the car had done More than 1,85000 kms and it had met witih two bad major accidents Damaging the Apron, and engine needed Overhauling Soon.
Gee dude i am sorry to hear that. But you are not the first to face an issue with Mandovi's True value. A friend of mine bought an Esteem LX, i think its was 2004 model. Even his case was similar to that of yours. The odometer was reading 50k. But while driving back to Mercera, there was smoke coming out of the bonnet. That was the same day after buying the car! The radiator had overheated and this led to several other complications. The car was with him for about 3 weeks and after getting fed up he sacked it off for a cheap rate as well.
TO ALL: I think we can classify Mandovi True Value being a rip off.

Of all the second had car dealers, the only ones i trust is First Choice. I bought my Zen from them and have never had a problem ever. I also got a free service from them! If you have no choice but to buy from a dealer, i would recommend First Choice for sure!
rjalihal is offline  
Old 3rd February 2010, 08:06   #142
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 865
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

If buying a second hand car it is better to buy from a known person or get it thoroughly checked by paying a good mechanic. Still it has an element of unknown so it is choice you make.
zaks is offline  
Old 1st March 2010, 00:07   #143
Newbie
 
surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 11
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I have a few questions on how to judge if a second hand car deal is a good one. More importantly how to check the credentials of the vehicle. Here is the deal Indigo XL grande Aug 09 170 Kms at 5L in Bagalore. The vehicle has never been serviced till now.

The deal does sound good. Too good to be true. And that makes me a bit worried on why the seller is quoting this kind of price, when he can quote 6L.... Of course I would like to believe that all is great, but it is hard to suppress the doubt.

How do we ensure that the vehicle has not had any accident history. Is there anything else to suspect / look for. Please advice.
surfer is offline  
Old 1st March 2010, 08:44   #144
Newbie
 
surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 11
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Sorry for the typo.. i meant ~1750 kms.
surfer is offline  
Old 1st March 2010, 13:46   #145
Senior - BHPian
 
vigsom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: AUH<->MAA
Posts: 1,722
Thanked: 581 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
If buying a second hand car it is better to buy from a known person or get it thoroughly checked by paying a good mechanic. Still it has an element of unknown so it is choice you make.
agreed;the best way to assess is to keep visiting pre-owned car melas(and just observe);another way would be to check a new car of the same make,observe and then compare the pre-owned with the new one(this does not apply for discontinued models of course)

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer View Post
I have a few questions on how to judge if a second hand car deal is a good one. More importantly how to check the credentials of the vehicle. Here is the deal Indigo XL grande Aug 09 170 Kms at 5L in Bagalore. The vehicle has never been serviced till now.

The deal does sound good. Too good to be true. And that makes me a bit worried on why the seller is quoting this kind of price, when he can quote 6L.... Of course I would like to believe that all is great, but it is hard to suppress the doubt.

How do we ensure that the vehicle has not had any accident history. Is there anything else to suspect / look for. Please advice.
Insurance is the best indicator
vigsom is offline  
Old 26th March 2010, 14:23   #146
Senior - BHPian
 
Dippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 7,269
Thanked: 163 Times
Default

Note from Support:

Please continue discussions on How to buy a Used Car here (ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India)

This thread is closed.
Dippy is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mistakes while offroading: List them and Learn from them Tejas@perioimpl 4x4 Excursions 38 11th February 2015 16:55
Help please, in buying second hand car Gangsta Sedans 8 27th June 2012 13:06
Wise decision-First hand car or second hand car Surprise Hatchbacks 51 4th October 2009 20:04
Help needed in buying a second-hand car ahmik SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 4 6th October 2008 23:55
URGENT !!! What to keep in mind and check when buying a second hand car? naveendhyani Sedans 2 22nd April 2006 14:09


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:19.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks