Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2007, 11:30   #16
Joz
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dubai
Posts: 247
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
A prospective buyer would never say a word about a future purchase. It will drive up the aquired companies shares and buyers shares will go down. Its a Loss-Loss situation for TATA to leak this news.
What if Tata is actually not looking at buying any of the said companies but never the less going through the initial process, thereby getting the world to sit up and take notice.

Remember, they are aggressively trying to go global - with specific plans for the Middle East, Thailand, Africa, Europe and Russia.
Joz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 11:34   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Scottsdale
Posts: 680
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

I think TATA have to do anything to grab attention. They are a big company and the Tetley, Chorus deals put them firmly in the big league. They don't have to spend dollars on hiring a consulting firm to go through Jaguar account books just to get attention.
Anyway, lets not speculate over something we really don't know much about. Lets wait and see. I for one would like TATA to buy Jaguar, they have some interesting designs in the offing for 2009.
Mayavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 16:23   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 844 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
I think TATA have to do anything to grab attention. They are a big company and the Tetley, Chorus deals put them firmly in the big league. They don't have to spend dollars on hiring a consulting firm to go through Jaguar account books just to get attention.
Anyway, lets not speculate over something we really don't know much about. Lets wait and see. I for one would like TATA to buy Jaguar, they have some interesting designs in the offing for 2009.
I agree whole heartedly. I think rather than speculating and giving our two bits (sadly, all unwanted by such companies), i would seriously like all this to come true (except the evo in 70L thing). It would make me and all Indians proud that Indegenious companies are doing what western companies were doing. Go Tata, and the rest and Heel Mitsiubishi!!
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 20:48   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
1100D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 4,179
Thanked: 2,358 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I agree whole heartedly. I think rather than speculating and giving our two bits (sadly, all unwanted by such companies), i would seriously like all this to come true (except the evo in 70L thing). It would make me and all Indians proud that Indegenious companies are doing what western companies were doing. Go Tata, and the rest and Heel Mitsiubishi!!
Yes and lets hope the people like the ones working on our cars are benefitted too!!
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 20:55   #20
Ram
Senior - BHPian
 
Ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore, Mumbai, Nagpur
Posts: 2,165
Thanked: 144 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Yes and lets hope the people like the ones working on our cars are benefitted too!!
The laborers? the street mechanics? or the me-too home-tinkerers?
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 01:10   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

I would just say

"God bless all" :P

Isnt it media's responsibility to make sure that the news is correct and precise? Also what about the typos? Evo at 70lacs surely is one.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 01:11   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
1100D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 4,179
Thanked: 2,358 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
The laborers? the street mechanics? or the me-too home-tinkerers?
All of them! By having more objects to work on.
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2007, 13:33   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

no more baseless news in the media anymore?
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2007, 13:49   #24
BHPian
 
xinome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: I am lost....
Posts: 339
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

hey hey its ferrari with tata and ducati with bajaj

makes me think, what happens in their board meetings!
are these the companies wishlist or todo list!
xinome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2007, 14:37   #25
BHPian
 
xinome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: I am lost....
Posts: 339
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

well just saw the news did tata really buy landrover & jaguar
xinome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2007, 15:19   #26
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 88
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Instead of Land Rover or Jaguar, TATA should go for VOLVO

Decent Cars, Decent Trucks
eflanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
10 Reasons to Ditch the Stick-on Fish-eye Convex Blind Spot Mirror mithun Technical Stuff 52 8th January 2016 15:54
Fish me out of this 15 lac soup! mathranik Sedans 493 30th September 2015 01:46
How does not being able to see the bonnet affect your driving style? sbasak Technical Stuff 15 20th April 2006 19:12
A new fish in the sea> get ready to get bored by dis long intro :p gamerno1 Introduce yourself 73 5th March 2005 21:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:01.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks