Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 8th March 2006, 20:14   #31
BHPian

I bet Hamara Bajaj Auto-rickshaws can ride much faster than this car, with better tyres and better shock-absorption.. So in that case, India already had a sub-1-Lac vehicle if you wanna say so.. Albiet a 3 wheeler.. About 15-20 years back, I've known a few people buy an auto-rickshaw for a private vehicle, especially in small towns..

Getting back to the point.. Did someone notice the website saying "First Pakistani Four Wheeler".. Ha Ha Ha.. I can't stop laughing.. C'mon pakis, you couldn't have done better than this..
man23ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2006, 23:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

OMG! I just saw this thread...I am speechless!
kbk_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2006, 09:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

well, is that 1lac INR or PNR (or whatever) ? Its not a bad starting point, really. Add a decent occupant cage and a roof, and some plastic cladding a-la Reva, and u're getting there. It seems to have more space than the reva, probably as cheap to run (counting battery replacement costs), and ok as a city runabout. The engine capacity is pretty close to our ricks, and it has 4 wheels not 3 - so its more stable already.

Yeah it looks funny - but a similar attempt with a little smarter design, sensible engineering could be the answer to our auto headaches.

Esp an electric motor. Maini - pls do somehting and fight for excise, tax exemptions.
zenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2006, 12:42   #34
LLL
BHPian

1 lakh is too expensive for this, its not safe either.

Better option would be to mate M800 body with an autorickshaw and sell it for 1 lakh..
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2006, 12:57   #35
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Any contraption having 4 wheels and an engine cannot be called a car. It should fulfill the minimum requirements that are expected from a small car. You just cant fit a motor on a vegetable cart and call it a car.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2006, 14:20   #36
LLL
BHPian

they have also provided a glove box by attaching a basket. Look next to console.

what would be the purpose of that huge U bar above this car?

Its a good effort. Paki govt should encourage such entrepenuers by buying these vehicles in large quantities for Paki army. Would come handy when Paki army transports OBL and his team.
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2006, 14:42   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Addy, You have hit the nail right on the head. Research has consistently shown that most 1 lac car buyers would rather buy a used 800 ( a proper car) rather than a bare basic golf cart with doors.

GTO
And now that you decided to revive it (with all that mirth ;D) let me reply to that old post of yours. How about it if Tatas come with a "new 800" at 1 lac? I am sure people won't complain. I think Tatas are trying for that gameplan. Have something much much more than a golf cart and yet make it available at 1 lac.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2006, 14:46   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
ROTFLMAO

And also, check out the smug expression on the face of that dude- You'd think he was driving a bloody aston martin or a jag.
ROTFLMAO
Arrey yaar that dude wears the smug look because he got paid to pose in that "bloody aston martin or a jag" wannabe on cycle tyres
Old 9th March 2006, 15:05   #39
Team-BHP Support

Hey hey hey guys... cool it. All of a sudden why is this thread taking a "pak bashing" attitude?! Now, we don't normally do that here, do we? At least not without unnecessary provocation... Poor souls at least gave it a try. Let them be and march ahead with our own efforts.
Old 9th March 2006, 15:36   #40
BHPian

Hey GTO,

It says powered by a 200 cc engine. How did you manage to get 1700 CC ?
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2006, 15:43   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL
1 lakh is too expensive for this, its not safe either.

Better option would be to mate M800 body with an autorickshaw and sell it for 1 lakh..
About 15 years ago Bajaj had tried to do a car from Rickshaw, it had roof & everything. Our family owned it when I was kid, I remember it somewhat good for 2 people & a place in backseat for a child.
Only few were made.
adya33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2006, 13:39   #42
ECM
BHPian

Perhaps you all missed one thing in this thread,go to the home page of sitara-habib's child which born in Karachi and see this line written there.
"The first Pakistani four wheeler."
So now I am waiting for Bund,Chand,Gardish,Chand Sitara(perhaps next built if Sitara worth 800 c.c with a wiper facility added into it !).
I sincerely wish Pakiz built tanks,fighter jets,sub marine soon so we can call off our jawans from boarder after seeing sitara and pakiz are capable off doing this do dont write them off..I wonder fm where ISI took this design to built this magnificant baby!!! Just truly amazing job from ISI,cheers officers!
Jay Pakistan-Kya hoga tera hind ke jawan?(after they build aircraft,tanks our jawans may be kicked off fm army and they need to find a suitable job once again).
Has any of u ever seen a vehicle knows as Chhakda in Gujarat?I Dont think so.One foreigner described Chhakda ,"[FONT=Arial] I make a quick exit to closely examine the three-wheeler that carries Saurashtra: the chhakda, featuring a 850CC local powerhouse called Khushbu with an Enfield gearbox. "[/FONT]
Now I am too happy to see sitara just now and feeling that our Chhakda is far far better designed than this.
ECM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2006, 14:46   #43
Team-BHP Support

You heard the maruta? Very popular in Punjab and haryana.
Its a chasis with a genset engine, can carry 25-100 people depending on comfort level required and costs 40K to build.

Then there is the "Bhoond", which is more of a haryana speciality. Oversized 3 wheeler, with enfield engine and GBox
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2006, 14:55   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
You heard the maruta? Very popular in Punjab and haryana.
Its a chasis with a genset engine, can carry 25-100 people depending on comfort level required and costs 40K to build.
Also very popular in Western UP built mainly in Meerut. It's got a very appropriate name here "JUGAAD"
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2006, 15:29   #45
BHPian

wow! this is awesome, so pakistan did beat us on that! but i am sure what TATA has in mind is far better than that. i mean, TATA's are investing more time on the details, and are sure to come out with a good car which will be a hard top, not an opentop!.
Insane Devil is offline   Reply With Quote