Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 24th July 2007, 13:37   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Sport:

Hi Moralfibre, mine is a 2004 model GTX and it comes with the kind of tail lamp as in your car and not the one like the green car you have shown.

Its an excellent thread and do keep the differences coming in. I would also like to know whether there is any difference in the suspension stiffness between GTX, Sport and Stile since if I remember it right, GTX shocks were stiffened as compared to 1.2s and does it continue the same way now?

Last edited by grvanand : 24th July 2007 at 13:39.
grvanand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2007, 13:52   #47
BHPian

I've seen the fading in many cars but only in silvers and darkgreen colours mainly in the 2001 models..
We have 3 palios in our locality, mine and a darkgreen ones roof is completley faded. What can i do to rectify.. A complete Paint job???
streetlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2007, 14:05   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Moralfibre, mine is a 2004 model GTX and it comes with the kind of tail lamp as in your car and not the one like the green car you have shown.
I could probably be wrong here but before I confirm this, can you check the VIN plate on your car and tell me the month and year of manufacture please.

Quote:
I would also like to know whether there is any difference in the suspension stiffness between GTX, Sport and Stile since if I remember it right, GTX shocks were stiffened as compared to 1.2s and does it continue the same way now?
The suspension on the Sport is still stiff and the same old Cofap manufactured suspension from Brazil again. It is stiff.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2007, 14:16   #49
BHPian

The VIN plate mentions MFD as E04 which I think means May 2004. The car also comes with the rubber beading near the door that you have mentioned.
grvanand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2007, 14:29   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by grvanand View Post
The VIN plate mentions MFD as E04 which I think means May 2004. The car also comes with the rubber beading near the door that you have mentioned.
That's nice info grvanand. I assume there was a norm which was passed to isolate brake lights from tail lamps in that year then. Can anyone confirm this. The presence of door beading + dead pedal near the clutch resembles a non cost cut model.
Old 30th July 2007, 17:00   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Is there any change to the exhaust manifold 1.6 sport vs GTX?
1100D, you had asked me somewhere for putting up a picture of the exhaust manifold. Here are the picture which I managed to find:

Can you share your comments on the difference please.

Last edited by moralfibre : 30th July 2007 at 17:02.
Old 30th July 2007, 18:23   #52
BHPian

Very very much informative thread. Thanks for sharing the information.
mahadev_kc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2007, 17:14   #53
Team-BHP Support

The intake manifold on the S10's came coloured in Red whereas the one on the Sport and the GTX come in Silver unfinished metal colour:

The ignition coils on some cars are from Beru - Germany whereas some cars carried a Magneti Marelli coil. The pre-Palio Siena's / Siena Weekends only came with Beru coils:

This is a Beru ignition coil.

You can partly see the Magneti Marelli coil in my car:

The S10 also had an exhaust tip in chrome sticking out from the end muffler. Looked cool:

Old 26th October 2007, 22:49   #54
Senior - BHPian

@moral - The Old new Palios, the NV series, had indicators in the fenders but no crease. They also had the additional brake lamp and since the NV was launched in 2004, grvanands car would have have the extra brake lamp and side indicators in the fenders.
@streetlife - I think the problem is more to do with the suns effect on your car rather than a Fiat problem. I have seen many cars like that out here in the US as well. We never faced an issue with our 02 palio's color fading.
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2007, 22:49   #55
BHPian

What a excellent thread!!
Many thanks Moralfibre! This is gr8 work. I guess this information can be useful for many years to come

Palio 1.6 GTX, as GTO said the definative HOT Hatch!

Keep it coming!

Elito
Elito11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2007, 23:49   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetlife View Post
I've seen the fading in many cars but only in silvers and darkgreen colours mainly in the 2001 models..
We have 3 palios in our locality, mine and a darkgreen ones roof is completley faded. What can i do to rectify.. A complete Paint job???
My neighbours car too. Silver don't know the year though has the paint in terrible condition.
rohan_fonseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 08:00   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by faisalmagnet View Post
Friends what is the difference in 1.6 stile and old model 1.6..pls write me
Still working on it buddy. Will get you details soon.

Another difference between the Siena / Siena Weekend 1.6 (Pre-2001 model) was the engine was a 1580 CC torque series engine. The new gen 1.6 (Post 2001 i.e. after the Palio was launched) have a 1596 cc engine. Although bigger in displacement the 1580 cc deliver more power. Guess this can be attributed to slightly relaxed emission norms back then. The 1580 cc engine has a 4x2x1 exhaust header (which is soon making its entry into my car ). The 1596 cc has a standard 4x1 header pictures of which are posted above.
Old 5th November 2007, 16:38   #58
Senior - BHPian

SOS to MF: Fortune tata-fiat installed a new muffler in my S10 a little over a month back. The muffler was of the GTX as Fiat isn't bothered about S10 owners. Within a couple of days the muffler started hitting the underside of the car. Today the car was sent to fortune who now claim that a hanger has broken off resulting in the muffler becoming loose and hitting the underbody. When I asked them if the hanger comes as part of the muffler they said no. Can you confirm if what they are saying is true?
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2007, 17:35   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
SOS to MF: Fortune tata-fiat installed a new muffler in my S10 a little over a month back. The muffler was of the GTX as Fiat isn't bothered about S10 owners. Within a couple of days the muffler started hitting the underside of the car. Today the car was sent to fortune who now claim that a hanger has broken off resulting in the muffler becoming loose and hitting the underbody. When I asked them if the hanger comes as part of the muffler they said no. Can you confirm if what they are saying is true?
I cannot really confirm if the hanger is a part of the muffler. Out of normal thinking I believe an end muffler should have the hangers welded on it when sold across the counter because none of the workshops at least the ones I know of, do not have a welding facility on the service floor. They do have welding facilities in their accident departments but I don't think they would put hangers in a service shop.

What you can check is: If the welding has come off then there is a possibility that it will hit. There are rubber bushings where the muffler hangers sit. They might have given away or are not properly installed. If you go to Automech they will be able to do a better job than the A.S.S. P.M. Turbosam because he might know if the hooks are a part of the muffler when purchased or not.

EDIT: How much is a brand new muffler for? The S10 end can comes for around 7,500/- I think. I tried to order one for my car but they said it is just impossible to get one.
Old 5th November 2007, 17:44   #60
BHPian

7500 only for muffler??how about complete FFE?this is S10's prices huh?
payam is offline   Reply With Quote