Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 18th April 2006, 05:40   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Enough of Hyundai bashing on the forum. I feel Hyundai cars are quite good and though they are not on par with the Japanese they are almost getting there. Just look at the Embera its the only one around in that segment that can teach the Accord a thing or two and the only thing in Hondas favour is the overhyped Honda image in India. However in a matter of few days i expect and hope Hyundai to beat Honda/Toyota in India. They are the ones who gave India CRDi tech and ABS first and Elantra is the only car in that segment which has TCS that even the 2.4L Accord doesnot have. Long Live Hyundai and enough of Hyundai abuse on the forum. Please.
Ok then lets bash it until its on par with the japanese..

Btw u just bashed Honda here( I believe you are right though). I worry most of the honda owners will be at your tail.

The thing is all the companies have pros and cons.

Maruti will be bashed for still producing outdated models

Mitsubishi will be bashed for cutting power in its cars

fiat will be bashed for Service

Honda will be bashed for badge premium price

Toyota is built to price

So lets not cry on hyundai getting bashed. Btw there are other threads too where Hyundai has received Kudos. nobody complained there. then why here?

seems fair enough to me.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2006, 11:11   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Devarshi

That certainly is the most sensible post yet, in this thread.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2006, 11:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
So lets not cry on hyundai getting bashed. Btw there are other threads too where Hyundai has received Kudos. nobody complained there. then why here?

seems fair enough to me.
I dont get the point? I am not a hyundai lover or a hyundai owner either and never owned a hyundai and never plan to as well buttttttt too much of everything is bad. I have noticed on many of the thread hyundai is going the fiat way i.e Hijacking threads. LOL. I mean what have they done wrong. There cars are quite good. Yeah there adverts must be silly and there comparos stupid buttttttt that doesnot make it necessary to make it the center of the mob in each discussion. The Santro was the best seller one time and had created a revolution in our market and the Accent has become more common then a Esteem. I personally love Honda cars buttttt they are way overpriced. Honda is just taking advantage of Indians for reason best known to them. The Vtec at Rs. 8.5L is a big no. It has nothing but a Vtec engine no safety featurtes and those puny 14 inchers doesnot make it worth a buy IMHO, however people go ahead and buy it and unless and untill Honda Motor Co. is informed about it nothing will happen. We need to start a thrad about that and send the link to Honda. Word has it the Civic wont have ABS as standard and as far as Mitsubishi is concerned nobody even talks much or cares much about it because everyone knows that its not in competition. Sorry Devarshi now dont run behind me for that. The official team-bhp Mitsubishi boy.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2006, 12:24   #34
BHPian

Tell you what lets hijack this into a Hyundai loving thread
Beeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2006, 16:30   #35
BHPian

Strongest achievement for Hyundai. They are still going strong despite criticisims from ignorant people. Well done Hyundai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
adarsh76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2006, 17:17   #36
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76
Strongest achievement for Hyundai. They are still going strong despite criticisims from ignorant people. Well done Hyundai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ahh... a selection of strong words there!

I spoke in favor of Hyundai in this thread. But mindless appreciation of Hyundai won't take it anywhere.
SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2006, 19:45   #37
Senior - BHPian

This thread has turned into a pro-hyundai and anti-hyundai one even though the intention was not to bash Hyundai. I have owned a Hyundai product and unlike what many people think, I am not against Hyundai or any company. This is not about Hyundai but about the companies marketing policy.

we all know hyundai is India's third largest car maker and lets not brush this off lightly. This is a huge achievement. We also know that Hyundai exports a large part of it's production to Europe. Many members got into the technical aspects on how it's not possible because you can't fool the books. Well, Hyundai is not fooling the taxman. It's just a claim that they made in the media addressing it to the car buying public. Anyone can claim anything. Thats what marketing is about.

The whole country knows that Hyundai is a big company making good cars, exporting a large part of them abroad. We all acknowledge that Hyundai is one of the few companies to give us cars with the same specs that they have abroad. So why is this need to shout out and make absurd claims? Why is inferiority complex? Hyundai are a success in India and it's high time they got confident about themselves.

If I was the head of Hyundai India, I wouldn't resort to make such claims because the performance of the company would speak for itself.

Last edited by amit : 18th April 2006 at 19:51.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2006, 19:48   #38
jat
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
.............and, Sweden etc. i.e. Western Europe. They also say that the Getz is their largest selling model in Europe, something to the effect that the Getz has actually taken europe by storm. Well, its all hog wash i say. and this is why...............
Not among all the cars I see

Anyway, they are definetly showing better growth than many other companies in terms of number of sales, whether lying or not.

Also, showing more power for their engines is due to the fact they use metric system of bhp (PS) instead of FPS system (and that is why I recommend using SI system that is kilowatt, as in Australia - then there is no confusion at all). And Americans and British are definitely not going to like it (even if they give their power in kilowatts, Americans are not going to like it).

Last edited by jat : 18th April 2006 at 19:53.
jat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2006, 20:17   #39
Senior - BHPian

Why such a fuss on a topic that is two years old? (well almost)

And Steer, that is a very stupid reason to leave. Please come back.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2006, 20:19   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
The whole country knows that Hyundai is a big company making good cars, exporting a large part of them abroad. We all acknowledge that Hyundai is one of the few companies to give us cars with the same specs that they have abroad. So why is this need to shout out and make absurd claims? Why is inferiority complex? Hyundai are a success in India and it's high time they got confident about themselves.

If I was the head of Hyundai India, I wouldn't resort to make such claims because the performance of the company would speak for itself.
I guess the main reason for so many of us hating the Hyundai so much is because of the brand image they have built up. I am no Hyundai lover but I do have respect for the good cars they make, like the Accent CRDi and the Elantra CRDi. I guess most of us hate Hyundai because they manipulate the information about other car brands to their advantage. I certainly am not happy with the comparisons and I feel it is fair for Hyundai to expect some mud to be thrown their way.

I feel Hyundai would do much better if they just stop those comparisons and stick to their car's features (which are quiet impressive... eg, the Elantra, Embera)
quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2006, 16:15   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I doubt if there is any way I can contribute meaningfully to a forum with this sort of elitist atttitude. Goodbye.
Steeroid, didn't see any post from you during the last 3-4 days. Don't tell me you actually meant it when you said "Goodbye".
Opinions differ from person-to-person, buddy. Not reason enough to quit the forum.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2006, 17:13   #42
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Steeroid, didn't see any post from you during the last 3-4 days. Don't tell me you actually meant it when you said "Goodbye".
Opinions differ from person-to-person, buddy. Not reason enough to quit the forum.
I have myself quit quite a few times (came back after a few months). You know it actually gets on your nerves at times.... when the other person is just not talking sense. ... defies common sense and logic. (or is not capable to see beyond a level)

I am not talking in reference to any specific thread or this thread and not pointing to any person.
SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2006, 17:25   #43
Senior - BHPian

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK
I have myself quit quite a few times (came back after a few months). You know it actually gets on your nerves at times.... when the other person is just not talking sense. ... defies common sense and logic. (or is not capable to see beyond a level)

I am not talking in reference to any specific thread or this thread and not pointing to any person.
This is happened to me quite a few times as well and its on the tip of happening again..
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2006, 20:10   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
This is happened to me quite a few times as well and its on the tip of happening again..
Chill, guys - dil pe mat lo, yaar !!!
you need to relax, take a deep breath and go out for a drive in your babes - and am sure you'll forget all that happened here and forgive everyone for loving their cars soooo much
goldie_malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2006, 21:31   #45
Senior - BHPian

^ and forgive others for hating other cars so much?
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote