Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 19th April 2006, 21:59   #46
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by BUSA
This is happened to me quite a few times as well and its on the tip of happening again..
I am HAVING one of those too right now!

I am restraining myself from using adjectives - or alluding to anyone or any particular thread - but one thing common to all this is every time some such Hyundai Bashing thread comes up its the same set of ppl speaking against it! - and the same set for!!...

We need to lose our penchant of forming opinions based EVERYTHING but ones own experience/research!.... psst - just a moot point - who audits these foriegn mags for their authenticity??

kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2006, 04:49   #47
Senior - BHPian

guys chill. Its just a discussion forum we are talkin ab8.

I think this thread is way off topic.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2006, 10:36   #48
Team-BHP Support

I dont understand what the real problem is. Team-BHP is an open community, and everyone is entitled to their individual opinions. If you like black, and I prefer white - why not just lie back and accept it. I find it extremely silly that people quit a forum because they could not tolerate what a small percentage of others had to say. Would I stop visiting a restaurant because I didnt like the opinion of the guy on the next table? Rubbish.

If you want to be a part of a community, you must also be open-minded. Even in the real world, there are certain characters who have a blind faith for / against something. What do you do with that? Stop living in the society?

As Devarshi said, Lets get back to the topic

GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2006, 08:58   #49
Senior - BHPian

The Chairman of Hyundai's Motor (Chung Mong-Koo) is set to be arrested on charges of embezzlement and breach of trust as soon as Friday (28-Apr-06). http://www.business-standard.com/bso...4088&leftnm=11
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2006, 11:39   #50

Never following this thread as Hyundai was not my interest. This indeed has gone off topic

We all love our cars guys, we have made the choice when we signed the cheque. We must own our (i repeat OUR) opinions and let others to own theirs'.

Let me share my experience with this forum. I have entered here seeking an opinion, found knowledge, made friends, got into arguements, got solutions, got pissed off, got frustrated, made jokes, ....simply put lived life here, just about in an year..

We have in this forum, people of all ages, starting from kids to motor moms, people who love toy cars to mercs.. is there anything worong in having different opinions?

DRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2008, 12:41   #51
Default Hyundai claims fake power??

I own a NHC (Oct 2004) and Accent (1.5 GLS, Nov 2001). When I drive these two cars, there's a significant difference in power between NHC (77 BHP) and Accent's 94 BHP.

I have also driven Ikon 1.6 and Corsa 1.6, and again, Accent does feel peppier (except 2nd gear , which has been an issue with 1.5).

So altogether I tend to do disagree that the claimed power in reality is lesser. Even from reliability standpoint, even though being 3 years older than NHC, there havent been actually any issues with either of these cars. In fact some of the aspects where Accent is better then city are suspension, a/c, brakes and ergonomics.
amitjha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 12:12   #52

Isn't all cars' BHP claims are certified by ARAI in India? I really doubt whether they can get away quoting wrong figure.
Originally Posted by amit View Post
We all know Hyundai lies about the BHP figures of it's engines. In fact, Hyundai USA even got sued for it.?
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote