Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Which would you buy ?
NHC VTec 54 19.08%
Lancer Cedia Select 229 80.92%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7th August 2007, 17:36   #76
BHPian

Hi Busa, looking at your knowledge and experience about indian car industry, I can bet, you will never buy cedia with your own money. You may not buy NHC but once you get your sights on cedia category, you may end up buying optra or corolla base varient but not cedia in that price bracket.
But anyways, I can't prove it.
zoom2_ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 17:38   #77
BHPian

Zoom,
I don't think this thread is crap. I am in the process of changing my car and was actively considering NHCity ZX-Vtec. Reviews and views expressed here prompted me to check out Cedia, and thank God I did. I am dealing with Metro Motors in Bombay and the sales persons there are quite helpful. Regarding A.S.S, having consulted friends who have had Mitsu experience, I am of the view that A.S.S is comparable to all the other brands.
Atleast in this forum you get honest opinions and reviews. The reviews in other commercial sites and mags are more often than not biased and commercially motivated. True that you get very diverse opinions, but it is up to you to choose what you want. The final call is on the buyer and no amount of reviews and opinions can make you decide what exactly you want and at what price.
wheelsNsqueals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 17:51   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom2_ash View Post
No offence to anyone but this thread is totally misleading and full of crap. We in team-bhp declared Cedia as the clear winner against City-VTech and in another thread its almost 50:50 with Civic.
Wheras sales chart shows a totally different stories. hardly a monthly sale of 100 odd Cedias ever since its launch is no match to the sales of either City or Civic....
Moreover, I am 101% sure that people who have voted here in favour of Cedia against City or Civic, when they will go out to buy a car in this range, they will buy city or civic or for that matter SX4 or corolla/skoda etc but not Cedia because Cedia may be a good car but there are lot more aspects to buying any car. is mitsubhishi really serious abt their products???Go and check their dealers and their behaviour?? Pathetic A.S.S., No resale value. Car in itself is neither here nor there....

So, request you guys to please think hard before you post anything like this. It can be really misleading for aspiring customers.
Instead of claiming this is good and this is bad, just put yourself in the buyer's shoes and think what would you have bought.

No offence to you Zoom, but there are people on this forum who feel strongly about their cars to put their money where their mouth is. I am not looking for a car right now, but if I were, it would be a Cedia for me as well. I am not too keen on the NHC shape and that cab forward look really removes the car from my prospective list. I like a car that has a nice engine, clean gear shifts, good steering and a reasonably firm ride. I have to enjoy driving the car for a long time and that is all. Of course, somewhere in my mind, I should not feel too negative about any quality of the car, the way I do about the NHC.
Even for my current car, I took a risk against all worldly wisdom, and I am enjoying my experience thoroughly.
So, what I mean to say is that there are definitely enough people in this country who will select a car not for its resale value, or its looks or its snob value, but merely its driving experience.
So, this thread is not at all misleading to me.

Last edited by prabuddhadg : 7th August 2007 at 17:53.
prabuddhadg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 18:06   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Car in itself is neither here nor there....

Zoom2 ash - could you please elaborate a little more on what you meant by the above lines...

and may we please know what car you drive??

Last edited by BlackPearl : 7th August 2007 at 18:08.
BlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 19:34   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg View Post
I like a car that has a nice engine, clean gear shifts, good steering and a reasonably firm ride. ...
You just mentioned the USP of NHC
msdivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 19:42   #81
Senior - BHPian

Haven't driven either. So can't comment or vote.

But, Cedia (like SX4) offers more for less. And taking TBHP members' opinions, Cedia for me, till I drive both of them.
msdivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 19:54   #82
BANNED

Hey Zoom, I see you are a newbie like me. I have found members here like cars with good pickup. So cars with bike-like pickup are hit here. Palio, Baleno, OHC, Lancer, Cedia are hit here. Cars with slow accelration are not favourities here. NHC is one such car. Its different matter that public want cars like NHC. NHC is hit in India, Japan, UK, Malaysia, Phillipines, Thailand, pakistan, etc. NHC without boot is sold in US with VTEC engine.

Quote:
No offence to anyone but this thread is totally misleading and full of crap. We in team-bhp declared Cedia as the clear winner against City-VTech and in another thread its almost 50:50 with Civic.
Wheras sales chart shows a totally different stories. hardly a monthly sale of 100 odd Cedias ever since its launch is no match to the sales of either City or Civic....
Moreover, I am 101% sure that people who have voted here in favour of Cedia against City or Civic, when they will go out to buy a car in this range, they will buy city or civic or for that matter SX4 or corolla/skoda etc but not Cedia because Cedia may be a good car but there are lot more aspects to buying any car. is mitsubhishi really serious abt their products???Go and check their dealers and their behaviour?? Pathetic A.S.S., No resale value. Car in itself is neither here nor there....

So, request you guys to please think hard before you post anything like this. It can be really misleading for aspiring customers.
Instead of claiming this is good and this is bad, just put yourself in the buyer's shoes and think what would you have bought.
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 20:07   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
I'm setting up a poll here. Which one would you buy ? But I guess it's futile, since the winner will surely be the VTec.
Sad.
that didnt turn out true, now did it
Cedia is too hot compared to NHC Vtec, IMHO
markiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 20:09   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Zoom2 ash - could you please elaborate a little more on what you meant by the above lines...

and may we please know what car you drive??
Read this thread, and it all becomes clear.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...rformance.html
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 20:12   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any links from where you got that figure of 100 odd? I'm seeing a lot more than 100 odd in bangalore itself, forget the other cities. Also go take a look at kolkata... you'd be shocked to see the number of cedias.

Quote:
Moreover, I am 101% sure that people who have voted here in favour of Cedia against City or Civic, when they will go out to buy a car in this range, they will buy city or civic or for that matter SX4 or corolla/skoda etc but not Cedia because Cedia may be a good car but there are lot more aspects to buying any car. is mitsubhishi really serious abt their products???Go and check their dealers and their behaviour??
Check my avatar . Also about the dealers, well I got way better behaviour at the mitsubishi dealer than either of the honda dealers when I went out to buy my car. One of them was absolutely atrocious.

Quote:
Pathetic A.S.S., No resale value. Car in itself is neither here nor there....
Yes A.S.S. can improve in many cities. However here in bangy, there's no room for complaint. Its as good as if not better than any other car dealer. About resale, well do you buy a car to drive or to sell? If the only concern is resale, go buy an alto .

Quote:
Misleading? You are the guy who's misleading others... by suggesting Honda City when there's a far better value for money deal available from others. Also how on earth do you recommend skoda (other than a dealer here and there) which has even more pathetic A.S.S. than Mitsubishi?
reignofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 20:57   #86
Senior - BHPian

Hey Zoom2ash, well i would not like buying a base model of a Optra or Corolla and would certainly buy a Cedia(honestly speaking i would stretch my budget to the Optra Diesel )
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 21:12   #87
j_j

IMHO its no point comparing these two, Cedia too far ahead of NHC in all the ways.
j_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 21:47   #88
Senior - BHPian

We can't compare NHC and Cedia, both are class apart, many people don't know about Cedia in India because its brand is not popular in many cities and not much dealership.

Only guy who did real R and D on buying cars can find and decide to buy Cedia. After seeing Red Cedia in TBHP meet I am impressed. wow nice car it is.

NHC is class leading in its segment and Cedia is good VFM car in its segment and both the cars are segment apart.

Like how indian public treating Logan (top end variants) with SX4/NHC/Verna/Fiesta Mitsubhishi can position Cedia with SX4/NHC/Verna/Fiesta territory by trimming the things.

Same case with Toyota can compete Corolla with SX4/NHC/Verna/Fiesta by redicing the price and trimming the features.

This is how it creates confusion among public cars between different segments. But technically (power/engine/refinement) speaking car from higher segment is better than car from its lower segment.

But after all its public in India who give first priority as price point and FE, car manufacturer I feel.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 22:01   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
We can't compare NHC and Cedia, both are class apart, many people don't know about Cedia in India because its brand is not popular in many cities and not much dealership.
Comparison is between NHC VTec (Not the regular NHC) and Cedia which are close on pricing!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 23:29   #90
BHPian

Zoom 2 ash, I understand you are a Honda fan. And honda city is one of the good cars available. But you certainly did underestimate Cedia. Its in all ways better than City.
Cedia is bigger, more powerful, spacious, better to drive, better ride, more fuel efficient, cheaper to buy and no proof of costlier maintenance.
With regards to resale value, let me present a different logic, 5 years down the line there would be so many City on the road that there is a probably going to be no demand supply gap for City used cars. This would bring down the value of the car. On top of this there would be plenty of new cars available in a wide range where people would easily get a new car for used car price that would pay for City.
Bottom line, resale values of the car when we try to sell years down the line will not be the same like what we have today.

So dont think too much and enjoy driving as it is today.
Car&me is offline   Reply With Quote