Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2007, 22:14   #16
Team-BHP Support
 
theMAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,034
Thanked: 1,471 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Never seen a stagonwagon
The Tata Estate was one such. Baleno Altura, Palio Weekend/Adventure (?) were some more.

Last edited by theMAG : 8th August 2007 at 22:15.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2007, 22:19   #17
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,972
Thanked: 16,757 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
The Tata Estate was one such. Baleno Altura, Palio Weekend/Adventure (?) were some more.
Stagonwagon: The spelling mistake. He was JUST making fun of that.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2007, 22:26   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

i would like to see what suzuki comes up with for their bigger car. nissan tianna is sure one fine car hope its able to match it.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2007, 22:28   #19
Team-BHP Support
 
theMAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,034
Thanked: 1,471 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Stagonwagon: The spelling mistake. He was JUST making fun of that.

Whoops, I've become cross-eyed. My eyes are seeing what my brain wants to
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2007, 23:05   #20
BHPian
 
fiery enzyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TN 01
Posts: 412
Thanked: 23 Times
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbasak View Post
In Europe, 1200 cc WagonR sells with GM engine and gearbox. In fact, Vauxhall Agila and Suzuki WagonR are same cars with different badges.

In same way, looks like new Suzuki whatever will be basically a Nissan Teana. But again, Nissan is now Renault.

Cars are now going towards assembled computer way. Get CPUs from Intel/AMD, motherboards from China/Taiwan, DVD drives from Korea, Harddrives from Seagate/Fujitsu and then assemble in local shop.

In one way it's good. You'll pay just once to get 2-3 different brands
Jumble Jumble Jumble
fiery enzyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2007, 00:29   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
1100D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 4,179
Thanked: 2,360 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
True. Buttt. Look at the SX4 pricing ! What if they offer a loaded D segmenter at Civic prices ?? They might not get into a competition with the Accord at all.



Isn't the Forenza is already being considered by GM - to be rebadged and launched here as the Chevy Epica ?
The Teana/Maxima/Cefiro is actually one segment above the Accord size wise. This segment Honda caters to as the Legend or the Acura RL in the States.
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2007, 01:34   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

1100 i thought the teana, legend and acura rl are of the same segment as the accord only the designs differ. pls dont mind my ignorance.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2007, 01:53   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
1100D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 4,179
Thanked: 2,360 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
1100 i thought the teana, legend and acura rl are of the same segment as the accord only the designs differ. pls dont mind my ignorance.
Speedy, its 1100d (d standing for delight) there is a huge difference between the 1100 and the 1100d but not as much as there is between the Accord and the Legend.

For Honda it goes like this

Civic-Accord-Legend (Acura RL)-Inspire (Acura TL)

For Nissan its

Sentra-Altima-Maxima the Infinity series

For Toyota it is

Corolla-Camry-Avalon - lexus range
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2007, 02:05   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Speedy, its 1100d (d standing for delight) there is a huge difference between the 1100 and the 1100d but not as much as there is between the Accord and the Legend.

For Honda it goes like this

Civic-Accord-Legend (Acura RL)-Inspire (Acura TL)

For Nissan its

Sentra-Altima-Maxima the Infinity series

For Toyota it is

Corolla-Camry-Avalon - lexus range
did'nt mean to disrespect you in any way 1100d. thank you for the information. now i can say i'm a little bit wiser.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2007, 20:15   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
1100D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 4,179
Thanked: 2,360 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
did'nt mean to disrespect you in any way 1100d.
Cool man. Sorry/Worry are not needed on a friendly forum. Arguments sharpen minds. So there is never a disrespect shown if you contradict and criticize someones views. The trick is to grow with the criticism.So cheers.
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2007, 20:18   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Cool man. Sorry/Worry are not needed on a friendly forum. Arguments sharpen minds. So there is never a disrespect shown if you contradict and criticize someones views. The trick is to grow with the criticism.So cheers.
thanks 1100d i'm trying to sharpen my mind and gain knowledge along the way too. a lot to learn so little time.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2007, 23:54   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
The Tata Estate was one such. Baleno Altura, Palio Weekend/Adventure (?) were some more.
And i loved them all except the palio adventure. the weekend was a beauty. Thanks theMAG.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2007, 09:29   #28
Ram
Senior - BHPian
 
Ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore, Mumbai, Nagpur
Posts: 2,165
Thanked: 144 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
And i loved them all except the palio adventure. the weekend was a beauty. Thanks theMAG.
Too many front-wheel-drive wagons? You guys forgot this one.



Don't we wish for an honest-to-goodness, rear-wheel drive D-segmenter?
Better weight distribution, better cornering, better braking and mild oversteer.
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2007, 12:03   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,743
Thanked: 89,334 Times
Default

Quote:
Better weight distribution, better cornering, better braking and mild oversteer.
God bless your keyboard.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2007, 20:09   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
1100D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 4,179
Thanked: 2,360 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
Too many front-wheel-drive wagons? You guys forgot this one.



Don't we wish for an honest-to-goodness, rear-wheel drive D-segmenter?


Better weight distribution, better cornering, better braking and mild oversteer.


Why a D segmenter for that matter, I actually wish for a RWD B+ segmenter (that too in hatch form - even if its a few generations old)
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PICS: Honda's CUV - India-bound? rubicon The International Automotive Scene 55 20th November 2013 19:29
First pics: India bound '11 VW passat sidindica The International Automotive Scene 25 22nd November 2010 23:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks