Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 14th August 2007, 00:10   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Amazingly its the erstwhile Daewoo that is driving GM's rebirth in India through their Matiz, Kalos, Nubira and the soon to be released Captiva.
very good point. ironic but true. daewoo did it where opel failed. wonder how many realize that.
Old 14th August 2007, 00:11   #47
Senior - BHPian

What I did not get about the promise package is that, do they mean to say that they will cover things that are not covered under warranty if it exceeds that predetermined amount. Say I habitually bust shocks will that be covered? My guess is no. Similarly the answer will be no for all parts, the wear and tear of which, are not covered underwarranty.

Where is the difference?
Old 14th August 2007, 11:53   #48
BHPian

Few questions

1) The price drop is for all the variants or just for 1.6?
2) The price is dropped by how much ?
3) After discount is there any dealer discount ? or
Old price - discount price = new price?

Can someone please clarify
Old 14th August 2007, 12:18   #49

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
What I did not get about the promise package is that, do they mean to say that they will cover things that are not covered under warranty if it exceeds that predetermined amount. Say I habitually bust shocks will that be covered? My guess is no. Similarly the answer will be no for all parts, the wear and tear of which, are not covered underwarranty.

Where is the difference?
Just had a check with a GM dealer. Everything is covered in the Chevy Promise except tyres, batteries and accidents. Sounds great value to me!!
Old 14th August 2007, 20:04   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderboy View Post
Just had a check with a GM dealer. Everything is covered in the Chevy Promise except tyres, batteries and accidents. Sounds great value to me!!
This is great, can you check if they actually dont classify busted shocks (or other suspension components) as a result of driving on poor roads (similar to accidents). If thats the case hope the others start making promises as well.
Old 14th August 2007, 20:11   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Few questions

1) The price drop is for all the variants or just for 1.6?
2) The price is dropped by how much ?
3) After discount is there any dealer discount ? or
Old price - discount price = new price?

Can someone please clarify
Checked with the dealer. They said there is no change in Ex showroom prices. They said the discounts given is less now than before. I guess this is normal as the demand would have increased due to the new "promises"

Nirmal
Old 14th August 2007, 21:34   #52
BHPian

you are Right nirmal, Aveo is gonna increase numbers on road. Discounts have dropped down now specially Cash ones which we discussed well lol....
Old 16th August 2007, 13:43   #53
BHPian

I also read in the same news item that Aveo is coming in CNG variant in next 2-3 months, but did not see that covered in this post. Is it because people don't like CNG ? Also, I haven't seen much coverage on CNG vehicles in the forum. Thoughts ?
Old 16th August 2007, 14:05   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, I haven't seen much coverage on CNG vehicles in the forum. Thoughts ?
Saurabh its mainly to do with the inadequate infrastructure for CNG in our country,Cng for the moment is limited to a very few compared to the entire country.
Old 16th August 2007, 14:21   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Saurabh its mainly to do with the inadequate infrastructure for CNG in our country,Cng for the moment is limited to a very few compared to the entire country.
Agreed. But wherever available, I haven't seen much on CNG fitments, CNG/Diesel/Petrol debates , warranty issues etc. I live in Delhi and CNG is freely available here. Isn't it available in other big cities ?
Old 16th August 2007, 14:49   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
This is great, can you check if they actually dont classify busted shocks (or other suspension components) as a result of driving on poor roads (similar to accidents). If thats the case hope the others start making promises as well.
Good News..Accidents mean just accidents, which I think are anyway covered by the insurance..So the deal is actually pretty good..High time other OEMs start following the Chevy way for a change!!
Old 16th August 2007, 14:57   #57
Senior - BHPian

There are plenty of threads on team-bhp ,heres one:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...mparision.html (ARTICLE: CNG vs LPG Comparision)

Here are some more,just use the search feature to find even more.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...p-cng-lpg.html (Open loop or Closed loop - CNG / LPG)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...pg-models.html (Why car cos come up with CNG models in contrast to LPG models ?)

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 16th August 2007 at 15:04.
Old 7th April 2010, 18:35   #58
Senior - BHPian

I found this old thread and am posting a query I have. Does this chevrolet promise include air con cooling/evaporator coil cleaning if during the time frame of 2/3 years and within 45k km. Or will this be charged?
thanks in advance

Old thread, irrelevant today, hence closing

Last edited by GTO : 8th April 2010 at 13:27. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread