Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 7th July 2012, 15:11   #196
Senior - BHPian

Mutual non-interference in matters where there is limited or no expertise on each other's part.
Thats the policy we work with. It works well overall.

We mostly have the same or similar tastes so its cool. She liked the Yeti just as much as I did of not more and at the same time if not earlier!
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2012, 16:41   #197
BHPian

Default Re: What car does your non-auto better half like?

While I was about to finalize Liva D, after my wife Test Drove the Swift D, wife said it's nice. She was bored of looking at the earlier one.

However after we Test drove the Vista Refresh, she said we will buy the Vista. She has no regrets that we did not buy the Swift and detests why I was even thinking about the Liva with M800 interior colour (no offense to any Liva owners)
gauravdgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2012, 17:19   #198
BHPian

My wify loves 2 cars hands down -
1) i10 - She used it at her place before we got married. She says its the most comfortable car ever and the easiest to drive among the many she has driven. Which is a very fair point.

2) Brio - Its extremely cool, very different and has a character.

Her dream car -

1) Black Fiat Linea - No other car looks as classy as this!

And she is no car enthusiast, but her choices have such logic and definitive reason, it makes my heart sing how lucky I am!!
thumpingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2012, 17:30   #199
BHPian

My wife hates hatchbacks for some reason. She never liked the fact that we bought an i20. She loves how the Cruze looks. She also loves Jaguars (wish I could afford one). She mentioned once on how people could spend nearly a crore or half on the Freelander/Range Rover when it looks like a box. I did not want to argue as my wife is a lawyer, and I am sure she would have won even though I had a good case. While shopping for a D segment car, Laura was rejected based on looks (though I was keen on the TSi), Jetta was a so-so in front of Cruze (but she was sold once she sat in it & one of her friends mentioned that VW had more "prestige" than a Chevy ). Recently she did mention that she kind of likes how the Superb looks. She says it has vintage car looks.
Now I know why they say even the almighty cannot understand women.
shivasuma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2012, 08:41   #200
BHPian

With time my wife has started debating like a T-BHPian - thanks to my auto addiction. But her personal preferences remain.

1. She has a thing for all big SUV's
2. The only hatchback she likes is the Jazz. Though she finds the orange coloured Nano 2012 cute.
3. Her favourite, though, is the beautiful Linea.
4. She likes the City too, but firmly belives that in the metros the City is a common man's transport. No Exclusivity!
abhi413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2012, 12:07   #201
Senior - BHPian

When we were looking for a car for my wife, she liked the Brio, Jazz and Polo the most. Ended up buying a Brio for her. If the discounts VW is currently offering on the 1.6 polo existed in december, I might have seriously thought about that. However in december, the price differential was a good 2 lacs which sealed it for the Brio.
reignofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 14:48   #202
Senior - BHPian

Wife loves Audis! And everytime there is an orange Q3 passing by , there is a lot excited of nudging and pointing. Am glad there arent many of those in that colour!
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 15:43   #203
Senior - BHPian

Generally wives love cars those are not affordable to their husbands

My wife likes all the big cars. She likes the cars Fortuner, XUV, Land Rover etc. She also like premium sedans like BMW 5, Jaguar, Merc's & others which are off course not affordable to me now. My 5 year daughter like all cars with Sun roofs. She wanna travel in one like that. For her at least i need to buy one
aniketi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 16:51   #204
BHPian

This one doesn't settle for less. The only one she will consider is a Veyron.
Apparently, all other cars are, in her own words, "not pretty enough" lol.

Among other stuff for lesser mortals, she likes the Fortuner for its presence & all Jaaaaaaag's for their grills . Oh, and the McLaren fax machine too
sourav9385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 16:56   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
This one doesn't settle for less. The only one she will consider is a Veyron.
What are you referring to when you say 'this one'? Are you saying this version of present one (per-marriage/post-marriage), or do you mean serial number (1, 2, 3 ...)?
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 17:06   #206
BHPian

My wife loves my Ertiga the most. She has been eating, sleeping this car from the time it was displayed at the Auto Expo. In fact she chose the colour too from just looking at the pics.

The only other car she liked is the XUV 500 and her liking lasted until she saw the boot space with all 3 rows up - nil.
swiftdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 17:08   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
What are you referring to when you say 'this one'? Are you saying this version of present one (per-marriage/post-marriage), or do you mean serial number (1, 2, 3 ...)?
^^lol.
I probably should have mentioned this version. Nice catch!

And from that perspective, the previous version used to be a sucker for all mahoosive things.
Fortuners, Q7's, Range Rovers, she loved the lot!
Her words - "I can imagine the feeling this SUV will give to the oncoming traffic. I better get out of the way, or I'll get run over by this massive SUV" .

But ever since we got a mahoosive sedan, the perspective has changed somehow.
Being in Chennai, driving around a sedan that is 475 yards long is an exercise in itself.
Big tall ungainly vehicles are no longer appealing. But then, neither are small utilitarian hatchbacks.

Hmm...Wonder when we'll get out of this country for good
sourav9385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 17:16   #208
Senior - BHPian

My wifey wants to own a Honda City down the line sometime , but i keep telling her "until and unless there is a powerful diesel available for Honda City her dream will only be a dream " .
I hope honda brings in the diesel city by the time we look to change our car .

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 17:39   #209
BHPian

Honda City, end of the story. I did not get to test drive any other car. Well, test drive was just a formality :-) I got to choose the color though.
sa_kiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 17:58   #210
BHPian

Surprisingly i see so many of our better half going for SUV's
My wife thinks old Pajero was rocking the new one not so. She likes butch SUV. She loves the old school SUV with the butch front grill and boxy body but hate the new streamlined sporty one's. If you ask her which is her next car she would say a Fortuner but will settle for a Scorpio (4x4) and no amount of "gyann" about body-roll, news models makes any difference.
EasyR1der is offline   Reply With Quote