Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 12th August 2016, 10:22   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Driving with temporary registration?

Sorry to ask you all the same question. I'm hoping things would have changed for better now.

I took delivery of my Brezza last week and planning to take the car out of Telangana for a week with T/R. Can I drive without any legal implications? Thank you
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2016, 10:24   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
I took delivery of my Brezza last week and planning to take the car out of Telangana for a week with T/R. Can I drive without any legal implications? Thank you
A temp registration is a valid doc and You can drive any where in India with it. Do carry a copy of the invoice with you, just in case.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2016, 12:59   #63
BHPian

Can I buy a vehicle in Bengaluru, take a temporary registration, drive to Coimbatore and register it there as I live there? I am considering this as I want to sell my KA registered vehicle in Bengaluru and get a good swap deal. Thanks. Cheers
Waxeloquent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 08:53   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
Can I buy a vehicle in Bengaluru, take a temporary registration, drive to Coimbatore and register it there as I live there? I am considering this as I want to sell my KA registered vehicle in Bengaluru and get a good swap deal. Thanks. Cheers
Yes, you can; provided you complete the process within the validity period of your TR.
Just contact your car dealer and they will help you with its procedure.
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 15:51   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
You just need a receipt of the temporary registration, and I think it has a validity for about 45 days. You would have to get the procedure completed within that time period; but with the receipt its legal to drive on the road until then.
Porcupine is offline   Reply With Quote