| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|27th September 2004, 20:35||#16|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jun 2004
Thanked: 45 Times
I can show a flaw for every KM of the golden quadrilater.
There are no proper exits and people drive directly on to the highway from the side roads.
Most of the villages and towns are not properly by passed.
There is no proper discipline. I usually watch bullock carts coming in the wrong direction, headon towards you in the overtake lane.
Most of the truck usually travel in the overtake lane
These are the few things I can think of right now.
|27th September 2004, 21:34||#17|
Join Date: Aug 2004
Thanked: 36 Times
Last time when i was travelling in one such roads, i came accross the following...
1. A 41kmph truck trying to overtake a 40kmph truck on a steep road.
2. On the TN, Karnataka border, the trucks waiting for some *kind of clearence or what ever, are all lined up all along, occupying one of the lanes.
3. Was peacefully cruising at 100, and all of a sudden some 20,30 mts in front of me, one tvs 50 fellow, crossed all 4 lanes in one quick move, just like that. No hesitation, nothing from that fellow. Only my heart skipped a beat.
4. *2,3 carcass of dogs!!! Avoided all but one.
5. When a slow moving truck moves to left lane, u think u have finally seen some civilisation... guess what... couple of head lights slams right on ur face... A mini van or cab or whatever, coooly travells in the opposite direction with their head lights on. Since they have built a median all along the HW, these guys are lazy to go down all the way and take a U-turn, so takes this short cut.
And this on a 140km strectch from Bangalore to darumapuri...
Golden Quadrilateral... *[img]http://www.team-bhp.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/***.gif[/img]
But the quality of the roads were really good and the traffic also was less.
|28th September 2004, 16:40||#18|
Join Date: Jun 2004
Thanked: 2 Times
You can refer to www.nhai.org ... a website on the HIGHWAYS project of India. This site (of National Highways Authority of India) gives you details of progress /maps etc on the Highways projects in India.
Currently there are 2 major projects going on :
01.Golden Quadrangle (connecting Delhi-Kolkata-Chennai-Bangalore-Mumbai-Delhi)
02. NSEW Corridor
a) East-West Corridor ( connecting Silchar ,in East TO Porbandar in West)
b) North-South Corridor (connecting Srinagar to Kanyakumari)
These two projects will ensure 4/6 laning of around 13146 kms of highways at an estimated cost of Rs.54000 crores.
Also, unlike many govt. sites, this website is updated on regular basis (& it actually tells you which part of the project is behind schedule !! , how much/which part has been completed etc.)
You can also check out the maps of highways project.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Project Titan - Apple's rumored new Electric Car Project||bharat.joshi||The International Automotive Scene||30||5th December 2016 19:04|
|modded karizma black & golden||speed X||Motorbikes||1||6th April 2005 13:29|
|pics of my golden esteem||aadix||The Indian Car Scene||19||1st January 2005 09:37|
|Golden Zen with TBHP stickers around Dadar?||aalaap||Shifting gears||10||24th September 2004 09:32|
|GP Tourbillon Three Golden Bridges Enzo Ferrari||_Crazi4Speed_||Shifting gears||0||13th March 2004 13:39|