Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 17th September 2007, 20:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't sometimes a car wearing highway dirt look cool!! Sometimes when my car is covered in red soil, I feel extremely sad to wash it!!
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 21:21   #47
BHPian

Monday to Saturday = Daily cleaning of OHC( with water first and clean with dry cloth), alternate days use car shampoo.

Friday & Monday = Versa complete cleaning (this is a family car, so used mostly during weekends). No cleaning if not used.

Twice a month = Bajaj Chetak and Honda Activa

I have a question here: I saw some bubles on my Gypsy after following this routine washing...is it becaue of water wash or because the bugger has not given it all the color t deserved?
weejai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2007, 11:17   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Doesn't sometimes a car wearing highway dirt look cool!! Sometimes when my car is covered in red soil, I feel extremely sad to wash it!!
lol!.You are a "true" Indian.Compare this statement to a person in the West who will take his car to the car wash Saturday morning before cleaning him or herself!!.....
nickatnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 14:25   #49

Default automatic car wash

Would anybody tell me whether the automatic car wash [ machine based like in the UK Iím writing this from UK] will be a success in India. I heard that there is one operating in Bangalore. Do anyone know about the manufactured in India? Where can I get the project report pls?

Thanx in advance
zabardast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 15:17   #50
BHPian

There are few in Hyd as well, where in car just goes in and gets washed, shampooed, cleaned.

Also heard some would also do basic wax.
VC12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 20:00   #51

where can get more information pls? would u guys that will be a success? anyone can shed soem light on the machine cost and investment plan etc.......please reply
zabardast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 19:36   #52
Senior - BHPian

The Maruti Service Center i get my Swift serviced from has a automatic car wash.

Automatic Car Wash
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 19:42   #53
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabardast View Post
Would anybody tell me whether the automatic car wash [ machine based like in the UK Iím writing this from UK] will be a success in India. I heard that there is one operating in Bangalore. Do anyone know about the manufactured in India? Where can I get the project report pls?

Thanx in advance
Check out
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post371943 (Automatic car wash)
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 19:49   #54
BHPian

Default Can you let me know addresses of some

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC12 View Post
There are few in Hyd as well, where in car just goes in and gets washed, shampooed, cleaned.

Also heard some would also do basic wax.
VC12 can you let me know if there are some around/ near Banjara Hills area ? I have been looking for one for some time.
sreenivass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 20:21   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post

Very true!! Feels as if the car has been put to good use and has proved itself worthy.
hyper123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 23:52   #56
BHPian

Cool

so how do i get to the one in bangy if i am on mg road - I am gonna go and try this out on the weekend how much do they charge and how much time does it take
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 02:23   #57
Max
BHPian

my NHC is golden color so it never looks dirty.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 08:15   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by weejai View Post
I saw some bubles on my Gypsy after following this routine washing...is it becaue of water wash or because the bugger has not given it all the color t deserved?
I'd say it's because of daily waterwash. And do have those 'bubbles' attended to; there's likely to be rust underneath.
Do check the luggage bay area also (look under the rubber mats). The tailgates of the Gypsy always leaked.
anupmathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 10:10   #59
BHPian

I try to wash my cars by hand as often as I can. I invested in a Mr.Clean Autodry Carwash system (It attaches to a water hose and has a built in water filter to avoid spots when it dries. It also has a soap reservoir) and it works like a charm.

Of course, I dust the car off before starting with the water and make sure the surface is not warm/hot to the touch. This ensures a perfect wash.

I'm not a big fan of bucket washes, especially if done by someone else. Typically, the dirty water is not changed enough and this leads to abrasive swirl marks that kill the paint finish over time.
Zensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 15:57   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensible View Post
I'm not a big fan of bucket washes, especially if done by someone else. Typically, the dirty water is not changed enough and this leads to abrasive swirl marks that kill the paint finish over time.
I see what you mean, but:
When you live in dusty Delhi, you just learn to live with some of these irritants. At 200 bucks a shot there's no way I can afford an automated carwash DAILY, because that is the least required in this city. Sometimes when my 'chappie' does the cleaning real early, like 5:30 AM, my cars are too dusty to be presentable even by 9 AM!! And add a healthy dose of bird droppings since most of us park under trees on the roadside.
And when it's 2 cars, the costs add up. The said 'chappie' does both for Rs.550/- per month, Sundays excluded.
Once in a while, go to the friendly neighbourhood automated car wash wallah!
anupmathur is offline   Reply With Quote