Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 6th January 2012, 14:13   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Ford's Total Maintainence Plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Novice View Post
...I bought a Fiesta in April and 2010 and also bought 3 Years/30000 KM's TMP along with.

Got my car serviced this Saturday (guess it was the fourth time i took it to them for service, in total 4 including the first free service)...
I re read your post and see that you have availed the 4 services so far under TMP. So if the fiesta service schedule till 3 years/ 30k km's is:

3 months - 2.5k km's (whichever is earlier)
12 months - 10k km's ...
24 months - 20k km's ...
36 months - 30k km's ...

Then, you did do the services earlier than they were due. If so, I see nothing wrong with what Ford is saying. TMP is their gurantee to maintain the car as per the recommended schedule w/o any cost to owner. It does not mean that we can get the car serviced at half of the recommended time/ km's and make them bear the cost for the double maintenance. If that was true, every owner who buys TMP will start getting the car serviced every three months. That won't be good business wise. Please also see my post below. Of course, I am assuming that the service schedule I mentioned above is correct for Fiesta. It's from Figo manual, which my dad owns and has same engine and nearly identical mechanicals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
...Basically I am thinking that you got the services done prior to when they were due and hence as per Ford, free services baked in TMP plan for 3 years and 30k km's are alredy availed.

Going by TMP duration of 3 years/ 30k km's, I guess the service schedule should be 1 year or 10k km's after the first free service which probably is at 3 months/ 2.5k km's. If this is correct, then you were entitled to total 4 free services under TMP (2.5, 10, 20, 30k km's or 3, 12, 24, 36 months) . So did you already avail these 4 free services?
I am not advocating ford here, just trying to understand if they have a valid reason for saying that you have availed all services in TMP. I have no association with them except that my dad owns a Ford figo.

Hope this helps you buddy. If all facts mentioned above are correct, then please try and understand their position. It's reality of life and a business afterall.

Last edited by amit1234singla : 6th January 2012 at 14:16.
amit1234singla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 14:54   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
I re read your post and see that you have availed the 4 services so far under TMP. So if the fiesta service schedule till 3 years/ 30k km's is:

3 months - 2.5k km's (whichever is earlier)
12 months - 10k km's ...
24 months - 20k km's ...
36 months - 30k km's ...
Not discrediting the business to Ford. I have repeatedly said that I understand that I have availed 4 services before they were due. And any service beyond this point is chargeable to me. What I am not ok with the vehicle going out of TMP. Let's say the wiper blades need replacement 3 months from now or a headlight goes kaput, should or should not Ford should replace it as covered under TMP?

Last edited by GTO : 23rd June 2012 at 13:30. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting an entire long message inconveniences our mobile users
New.Novice is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 15:40   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Not discrediting the business to Ford. I have repeatedly said that I understand that I have availed 4 services before they were due. And any service beyond this point is chargeable to me. What I am not ok with the vehicle going out of TMP. Let's say the wiper blades need replacement 3 months from now or a headlight goes kaput, should or should not Ford should replace it as covered under TMP?
hmmm. thank you for explaining. I did not think about it that way. Please approach Ford directly and let's see what they have to say. For some reason, I did not understand your point of view earlier.
amit1234singla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2012, 17:00   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Folks, specially Ford owners, am in a situation and need your suggestions.

I bought a Fiesta in April and 2010 and also bought 3 Years/30000 KM's TMP along with.

Got my car serviced this Saturday (guess it was the fourth time i took it to them for service, in total 4 including the first free service). I didn’t really plan for a service rather wanted to get an engine warning light checked along with a strange noise when I release hand brake. However, got a mailer from them last week that my service is due and I somehow got it serviced.

Now at the time of taking delivery in the evening the SA told me that my TMP has expired today as we have done the 30000 KM service today. My odo reads 13695 and expiry date as per TMP is 25th April 2013.

I protested and said it doesn’t matter which "kilometer" service you have done, as per policy it is 30000 KM's on ODO or 3 years which ever comes earlier. How come this expire today because you have done a 30K service.

He wanted me to talk to the lady at Harpreet Ford who looks after TMP etc. and since it was late in the evening she was already gone.

My take on this is that they can not make the car out of TMP. However, I understand that there must be some “number of services” included given the number of years you have bought your TMP for. I am ok if they tell me that I have met those numbers and a “Service” from now on shall cost me. But no way can they terminate TMP when my odo reading and time both are at the half way of the contract.

Before I talk to Harpreet Ford or Ford itself, need your suggestions.
First up.. sorry for the long quote. I am quoting the whole text so that the problem statement is also available in the same window.

I had to go UK after this incident so could not follow it up earlier. After coming back I wrote to Ford. After a few phone calls, which also included conference calls betweet Harpreet Ford, Ford and me, I got the closure on this today. I am providing the last mail from Ford which I received today. Of course I am happy Ford concluded which I believe (and always believed) was the logical way. Good job there.Sad part is,Ford Dealers still have to go a long way.

Dear Mr .XXXX ,

This mail is in continuation to our earlier correspondence and telecom discussion we had with your good self-regarding your vehicle bearing the registration number HR26BB9351

We sincerely value your patronage for Ford India and appreciate the time you have taken to write to us. As you are one of our esteemed valuable customer we are pleased to inform you that the total maintenance plan that you had purchased provides
• Scheduled servicing – Up to 30 K service (one service is due for 30k ) last service of 20 k carried out on 24/12/2011@13695kms . We wish to inform you that Ford India recommends every periodical maintenance service has to be carried out at 10000kms or 6 months whichever occurs earlier. We kindly request you to refer the owner’s manual under the heading service guide for more detailed clarity.
• Nonscheduled maintenance including Mechanical / Electrical failure repairs for the vehicle. ( 3 yrs / 30 kms Whichever occurs earlier from the date of sale)

We are also attaching herewith the copy of the certificate which will provide more detailed clarifications on the queries raised. We would once again like to confirm you that the said vehicle is covered under the total maintenance plan till 25/04/2013 / 30 k kms ( Whichever occurs earlier).

Request your understanding and co-operation on this on this. Feel free to contact us / Neetu Dcrc Manager of dealership on 9582940237 / John Service Manager of dealership on 9999534552 for any further assistance in future .
Assuring you of our best services and continuous support at all times.

Thanks & Regards
YYYY,
FIL-Customer Relations,
Toll Free No 1800-425-2500 BSNL/MTNL 6000-2500 Add STD code of your state capital

Last edited by New.Novice : 22nd June 2012 at 17:03.
New.Novice is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2014, 18:53   #50
BHPian

Bumping up this thread,

Has anybody recently bought the TMP from Ford? I checked the Ford website but was not able to find any cost details. I am looking this for my Figo and would be really helpful if someone can share the latest pricing details.

Cheers.
satan's_valet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2014, 22:01   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Bumping up this thread,

Has anybody recently bought the TMP from Ford? I checked the Ford website but was not able to find any cost details. I am looking this for my Figo and would be really helpful if someone can share the latest pricing details.

Cheers.
I used the ford flexi plan. Paid 8k change and the plan was active for 3 services. But it covered only oil change, oil filter and labour cost if I remember right. So I ended up paying about 2k for each service for fuel filter, air filter etc. So no value there. Its a plan to keep you going to ford service centers.
glenmz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2014, 08:31   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Bumping up this thread,

Cheers.
I purchased this plan for my Figo last week. Cost was 5350. Covers 3 services.
RobC is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2014, 19:00   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC View Post
I purchased this plan for my Figo last week. Cost was 5350. Covers 3 services.
5350 is a nominal amount. Is the labor included as well?
satan's_valet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2015, 19:01   #54
PSL

Default Ford EcoSport Diesel : Total Maintenance Plan vs Extended Warranty

Folks,

I've booked a Ford EcoSport diesel titanium and I'm taking a delivery tomorrow.

I need to decide between the extended warranty vs. the total maintenance plan (TMP).

Per TBHP advice, extended warranties are always good. But the lady at Metro Ford explained that TMP includes everything and additional stuff on top of extended warranty. So if I take TMP, then no need of going for extended warranty.

The prices are as follows...

TMP
Ford's Total Maintainence Plan?-tmp.jpg

Extended Warranty
Ford's Total Maintainence Plan?-extended.jpg

Extended Warranty with Road Side Assisstance
Ford's Total Maintainence Plan?-extendedrsa.jpg

The terms and conditions are attached.

Any advice or pointers would be appreciated.

Regards,
Prashant
Attached Thumbnails
Ford's Total Maintainence Plan?-extendedwarranty.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf TMP.pdf (395.5 KB, 242 views)
PSL is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2015, 12:04   #55
BHPian

Honestly, not sure about this; as the prices quotes are a bit on the higher side especially for the TMP.
88,000 for 3 years! It would be worth if you get to replace almost every part of the car!
The usual service costs for 10k service is about Rs 5,000. The parts that require replacement like the suspension components costs in the range of 2500 (this is what I had to replace in my Fiesta). Try to work out the math and see if it helps.
Anyways most of the engine components are covered under warranty/ extended warranty. What you will benefit from TMP is for the suspension components as the warranty for those is over at about 35,000 KM.
glenmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2015, 12:24   #56
BHPian

Has anyone bought any of the service plans from Ford solutions in recent times? There websites list various plans like schedules service plans, extended warranty, service holiday, total maintenance plan etc.? I am planning to buy Ford Aspire and have already decided to buy extended warranty up to 5 years. I am wondering if I should add any of the above so as to cover all costs for 3-5 years. Any inputs?
manish84 is offline   Reply With Quote