Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 29th August 2007, 01:19   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default New Tata Xf????

what is this..??? read it on an .nl site.

Binnenkort bij de dealer: Tata XF Autoblog.nl Autonieuws van de straat
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2007, 01:23   #2
BHPian

It's a Jaguar. The picture is poking fun at TATA's bid for Jaguar.
Mayavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2007, 03:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
It's a Jaguar. The picture is poking fun at TATA's bid for Jaguar.
this is what will happen to jaguar if tata wins the bid. a little sleeker emblem i hope though.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2007, 04:04   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
this is what will happen to jaguar if tata wins the bid. a little sleeker emblem i hope though.
No. TATA, if it purchases Jaguar and LR, would keep the the companies separate unlike Ford which influenced Jaguar designs and had shared platform. The reason being that
1. TATA and Jaguar do not have anything in common, so cannot share platforms or parts bin.
2. TATA is not stupid to bring down Jaguars brand value by selling them under TATA's name or even selling them in TATA show room. Think Fiat and Ferrari.
Old 29th August 2007, 04:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
No. TATA, if it purchases Jaguar and LR, would keep the the companies separate unlike Ford which influenced Jaguar designs and had shared platform. The reason being that
1. TATA and Jaguar do not have anything in common, so cannot share platforms or parts bin.
2. TATA is not stupid to bring down Jaguars brand value by selling them under TATA's name or even selling them in TATA show room. Think Fiat and Ferrari.
ofcourse i know that mayavi. it was supposed to be a joke based on the picture put up.( cant use too many smilies got an infraction for that)
tata are no fools to mix the two seperate brands. they would rather keep even the faculty of both companies seperate and retain the jaguar management.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2007, 05:01   #6
BHPian

Sorry I misunderstood you.

Anyway, here is a translation of the above site. I can smell something burning...

Quote:
Yes hear, the mainstream media have become also awake. Tata will have given affirmative that one the makes of car want jaguar and country buy rover. Yes joh? Serious? Never thought... Such beautiful Tata-badge are not appropriate very well on the new XF, then?
Old 29th August 2007, 18:13   #7
BHPian

what could happend in the future is that tATA WILL USE A a Jaguar chassis to develop a sedan like the former Tata magna
abdul 65 amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2007, 20:32   #8
BHPian

I wish TATA the best of luck for getting this bid successfully. Just so we can rub some char coal on Jermy Clarksons ugly face, for being the chest thumping Brit monkey he is. Love too see the look on his face after the Brit Jaguar purs like the Indian Tiger hehe. I bet the Jaguars would be the worst cars after that, just because TATA bought it.
Monster_BHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2007, 22:57   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_BHP View Post
I wish TATA the best of luck for getting this bid successfully.

I'm with you there. I love Tata's David character they've shown against many Goliaths now.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote