Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 4th September 2007, 14:58   #46
Senior - BHPian

Called Apra Automobiles . Hehad no clue what I said. He said no Swift Sport available. I asked him did he have one on display and he denied. Do not know if he is telling the truth or not.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 15:01   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Do not know if he is telling the truth or not.
Lol. Why would a dealer lie about what he has or does not have in his showroom! they are in the business of selling cars I would think!

Looks like this is another rumour that has now been put to rest.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 15:23   #48
BHPian

but only reasons i could come up with that the car is less practical
People Looking for VFM might get a bit dissapointed,
not a good enough mileage per ltr.
space is an issue in the car
like i said earlier looks are either loved or hated by people

Last edited by Rtech : 4th September 2007 at 20:32. Reason: Stay on topic.
msharma_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 21:11   #49
BANNED

Swift Sports may come or may not. But we have '1.6 Palio Stile Sport' in the market now. Keeping mass market aside, I really doubt if Swift Sport will appeal to enthusiats like the Palio.
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 21:22   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
160bhp engine runs a CR of 12.9:1 IIRC
Nope. The M16A VVT, stock, runs 11.1:1 compression (So 125 bhp= ~110 with a reasonable 10:1; for India). Surprisingly, you actually lower the compression to get more power out of the M16. It's more to do with the cams, redlines, ECM's & swirl chambers/patterns.

The JWRC spec engines that produce 218 horses are tuned beyond the financial capabilities of aam junta. Who else could afford platinum alloy internals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Why would a dealer lie about what he has or does not have in his showroom!
Haha. You're kidding, right RT? Or have you turned over a new leaf in terms of having faith in dealers? AFAIK, no dealer has ever told the truth about an upcoming model. Classic examples seen in past include the new Endy TDCi, Fiesta, Safari DICOR, etc. etc... but perhaps the dealer is right in this case. Or is he...?
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 23:29   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msharma_79 View Post
but only reasons i could come up with that the car is less practical
People Looking for VFM might get a bit dissapointed,
not a good enough mileage per ltr.
space is an issue in the car
like i said earlier looks are either loved or hated by people
Probably 90% janta think like you, but 10% dont. Those 10% want intl products, more power, greater safety, newer models etc and are willing to pay for it. Now even though there are many that hate Swift, but its just caz angoor khatte hai. Its the most selling car since its launch in its segment. Virtually had made Getz extinct, effected sales of car in lower and higher segment. There are bound to be those that hate it, as the car ignites a lot neighbors envy owners pride factor.
Lastly not everyone is concerned about economy. I see more Pulsar 200cc on road than 180cc goes to show ppl are willing to pay for that wee bit extra and not just tale kitna peeti hai factor!!!
aseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 10:00   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post

Haha. You're kidding, right RT? Or have you turned over a new leaf in terms of having faith in dealers? AFAIK, no dealer has ever told the truth about an upcoming model. Classic examples seen in past include the new Endy TDCi, Fiesta, Safari DICOR, etc. etc... but perhaps the dealer is right in this case. Or is he...?
Atuljee, if the Swift Sport was already in his showroom like the original poster claimed, why on earth would they deny it! lol. Its got nothing to do with a clash of existing products or an upgrade/facelift of an existing product! That's a different case.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 17:09   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Probably 90% janta think like you, but 10% dont. Those 10% want intl products, more power, greater safety, newer models etc and are willing to pay for it. Now even though there are many that hate Swift, but its just caz angoor khatte hai. Its the most selling car since its launch in its segment. Virtually had made Getz extinct, effected sales of car in lower and higher segment. There are bound to be those that hate it, as the car ignites a lot neighbors envy owners pride factor.
Lastly not everyone is concerned about economy. I see more Pulsar 200cc on road than 180cc goes to show ppl are willing to pay for that wee bit extra and not just tale kitna peeti hai factor!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by msharma_79 View Post
i was thinking about the whole package. but is it practical to have that kind of car in india

Like the jim carrey said in the Bruce almighty " all that horse power and nowhere to gallop".
angoor khate hai ouch!!!!!! man take that knife out it hurts. i actually like the swift, i was talking about the general perception.
msharma_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2015, 19:23   #54
BHPian

Default Re: Suzuki Swift Sport Coming to India: Edit: Or probably not!

Looking at demand for S-Cross 1.6, I doubt

First, people complain that Maruti doesnt launch powerful engines, and when they do they complain again!

You cant get gold for the price of aluminum.
aerohit is offline   Reply With Quote