Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 28th September 2007, 12:21   #46
BHPian

Now that Getz diesel is lauched and available in showrooms first week of next month, and that with 110ps power, I think there would be a tough competition betwen Fabia and Getz. People who have been waiting for Fabia may consider Getz as another option. It is relally a good move by Hyundai to launch the Getz now that the swift's waiting period is near 6 months and Fabia launch postponed till Jan 2008.
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 12:39   #47
Senior - BHPian

Unhappy

Quote:
company claimed mileage for that is 35 Km/L !!
Yes its very true, when Logan can give 35, why cant a hatch give It might be giving 35 but not in sane driving practical conditions.

Quote:
Finally, Fabia is going to be here in Jan/2008; Price tag will be 5-7 lacs.
With ABS, front and side airbags, 6CD changer, climate control and optional sun roof.
All that equipment is to overshawdow the engine which is a 3 pot
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 13:11   #48
Senior - BHPian

fabia looks awful. i saw some 'test' vehicles parked in my neighborhood. interiors are better looking (as expected.)
it will be dead on arrival i guess.
androdev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 13:39   #49
Senior - BHPian

cant believe anything Skoda say about launch dates. A spokeperson from the company said it was gonna be here in July when I was contacted by them in Feb this year. See where the car is yet?
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 14:05   #50
Senior - BHPian

lets see it this way, if the equipment levels, trim levels and feel good factor is there, then a 3-pot is not an issue is it? there is always a traedoff b/w giving a costly engine and lesser luxury and the other way round. btw, skoda's 3-pot engine matches even the latest generation multijets. octy gives 19kmpl in city for that diesel engine. and it has enough power to thrash other cars on the highway. so expect good things with the skoda fabia!
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 14:38   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
octy gives 19kmpl in city for that diesel engine. and it has enough power to thrash other cars on the highway. so expect good things with the skoda fabia!
are you sure 19kmpl. Coz it never crosses 14-15 with AC here in Chandigarh.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 14:56   #52
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Skoda India Reply my mail today . There are planning to Launch the FABIA in the End of this year.

Dear Pankaj,
Thank you for showing interest in the new Fabia.
As per our plans the new Fabia hatch – based on a new platform, with new engines, with more space and comfort, and renowned ©koda's detail-to-quality – will be launched towards the end of 2007. The car will be highly specified and will bear the same design and engineering hallmark as its European counterpart.
We are yet working on certain aspects of this new project, and thus final dates and price of the new Fabia are to be confirmed. Nevertheless, expect the new Fabia to be priced competitively, and built to standards that customers have come to expect from ©koda cars.
Kindly appreciate that I can not divulge any specific information. I shall keep you informed when we go ahead with the launch of new Fabia.
Hope that you will join our family of ©koda customers.
Regards,
Farzan | Product Planning
©kodaAuto India | Plot No. A-1/1, Five Star Industrial Area | Shendra, Aurangabad 431201 | India
call: +91 240 6631240 | fax: +91 240 6631299
e-maill:farzan.sarbhanwala@skoda-auto.co.in | home | Å*koda Auto - Homepage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2007 10:08 AM
To: Sudhir, Srinivas; saipl.service@gmail.com
Subject: New Query
pankaj_aheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 16:46   #53
BHPian

The word on the forum today is 'Getz'. Check the thread out guys.
rohan_fonseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 17:51   #54
Senior - BHPian

GEEK the Octy is not a 3 pot. A 3 pot engine = lots of vibration due to odd cylinders causing uneven weight balancing.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote