Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Whats your BodyStyle #2 - Time to think!!!
Hatchback 22 24.44%
Saloon 36 40.00%
Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) 27 30.00%
Multi-purpose Vehicle (MPV) 5 5.56%
Station Wagon (Estate) 0 0%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11th July 2012, 16:31   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Whats your BodyStyle #2

Saloon, because:
1. Better handling
2. Utilizable luggage space
3. Personal liking for the stance and look

Old school design suit me more, Baleno, Esteem, Old Honda City.
SupratikDebnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 16:44   #32
Senior - BHPian

What other form does the BMW M3 and M5 come in other than Saloon! Saloon it is.
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 17:06   #33
BHPian

I've always been a fan of MPVs since the time I saw the Renault Espace in the UK. This was further reinforced when I got to travel in a Ford Focus S-MAX in the UK and Opel Zafira in Paris. Although my first car was a hatchback it was more like a stop gap arrangement. When it was time to graduate my default choice was a MPV.

Don't like sedans because they aren't practical for my usage. How big a sedan it may be, you can't recline your backseat not increase its rear legroom.

Found nothing spectacular about SUVs. May be the Scorpio/Safari duo had put me off. Hate them both.

The second best alternative to a MPV is a hatchback. Perfect for the city.

At the time I was on the lookout for a MPV I finally decided to settle with the Innova although I wasn't a fan of its looks and its noisy engine. Ertiga was launched at the right time and it was exactly what the doctor ordered! Booked one without even a test drive as I was sold out on its looks and space and also its amazing diesel engine. Now I'm enjoying every moment with my Ertiga and all my future cars will be a MPV.
swiftdiesel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 11:54   #34
Senior - BHPian

Come to think of it, in today's urban scenario, a big hatch with a reasonably large boot space would be the perfect balance between compactness, economy and practicality.

It would not only replace a sedan which occupies more space while parking and turning but offer the space and comfort for passengers and luggage and would be at home in the highway too.

A case in the point are hatches like the newly launced Sail UVA, i20, Jazz, Punto and even the Figo which offer most of what an average urban user would require.

For an additional big car there is always the SUV if one can afford it!
girishglg is offline   Reply With Quote