Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 6th November 2004, 16:29   #91
Senior - BHPian

hehehe this shud be good....waiting for ur reply stratos to aadixs' comments.

Drifter
drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2004, 16:32   #92
Senior - BHPian

In normal terms....(If u dont know)....a car is a piece of metal which has wheels...(Dont suvs have wheels??)!!
Thats my point aadix... ur defending the Safari.. cauz u own one...but I dont own a scorpio...but i want people to understand that "If u own a car....it aint mean that u have the best one".
Stratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2004, 16:33   #93
Senior - BHPian

This isnt about talking behind the back. You should be always ready to accept the negative points of a car u own...if u cant bear that...u aint an Automobile Enthusiast...but just a car freak!!
Old 6th November 2004, 16:35   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Stratos @ Nov. 06 2004,14:02)]"If u own a car....it aint mean that u have the best one".
Totally dude.

Drifter
Old 6th November 2004, 16:50   #95
Senior - BHPian

aadix,

the safari has learnt what the hard way ? slogging? its still slogging away and going nowhere , its so slow.. these days u dont work hard , u have to work smart to get ahead and thats wut mahindra has done with the scorpio!

if tata's wud have been pro active they would have worked with the safari ( it used to sell well in its segment once) ... and abt the crdi 3.0 engine.... ive grown old waiting for tata to announce they had plans for the safari !!

and IMO , mahindra pick ups are seen more than tata's ...so i guess we can assume that the mahindra's sell better...

and yeah ,for a car to please its owners it has to satisfy him by doing the job it was chosen for, without bribing the owner with materialistic things like a dvd / fridge

cheers
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2004, 17:13   #96
F50
Senior - BHPian

You all guys distingushing between Safari and Scorpio .... Well I have a common point ....
Ads of both these cars are crappy ....
Now tell me y on earth would a person leave a Jag XJR and go for Scorpio
And who will enjoy more in Safari than a Roller Coaster? And with sort of engine in Safari soooo slow as NC pointed out no one will enjoy ....
If people do then instead on Taxis we'll find Essel World written on all Safaris

P.S. - I ll go for the Scorpio anyday

F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2004, 17:22   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Stratos @ Nov. 06 2004,14:02)]Thats my point aadix... ur defending the Safari.. cauz u own one...but I dont own a scorpio...but i want people to understand that "If u own a car....it aint mean that u have the best one".
u hit a right note with the "best one" thing startos
i am defending the safari not just because i own it
i have seen how my dad has made the comapny safaris slog
literally used them like cargo vehicles
i honestly believe if there was an scorpio in our safari's place it would have broken down many times over the four year period

leave that aside,one of my close friends who mom is an minsiter from the state has three vehicles bolero,safari and scorpio
for the amount of traveling his mom does she prefers the bolero or the safari, as they have an notion that the scoprio is an city vehicle(here ur car point comes in)

i admit the scorpio an great city vehicle but take it on highways or on long journeys,the safari wins over scorpio,thats the reason the dvd players and the fridge were put in,coz they come really handy during long journeys

another thing,i know all the pros and cons of my safari as i am using it from the last 6 years,how do you know the claims you made in defending the scorpio are all true???

i know all the weakness of my car, i am over it,

if u love someone ,u just dont leave her/him coz she/he has some faults right???

awaiting your reply stratos
ps:whats your sunsign?
aadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2004, 17:23   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (F 50 @ Nov. 06 2004,14:43)] *
You all guys distingushing between Safari and Scorpio .... Well I have a common point ....
And who will enjoy more in Safari than a Roller Coaster? And with sort of engine in Safari soooo slow as NC pointed out no one will enjoy ....
If people do then instead on Taxis we'll find Essel World written on all Safaris

hehehe nice one there F50,

if people like rollercoasters .... they can enjoy even better in the scorpio, jus turn the wheel and u'l know.

Drifter
Old 6th November 2004, 17:36   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]if people like rollercoasters .... they can enjoy even better in the scorpio, jus turn the wheel and u'l know.
Old 6th November 2004, 17:44   #100
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (drifter @ Nov. 06 2004,14:53)]hehehe nice one there F50,

if people like rollercoasters .... they can enjoy even better in the scorpio, jus turn the wheel and u'l know. *

Drifter
Datzz true
Old 6th November 2004, 18:50   #101
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,

apart from the jokes, the scorpio today handles better than it did before...still gives me the jitters though...and needs further improvement.

Drifter
Old 6th November 2004, 19:40   #102
Senior - BHPian

lets keep this to the safari and the scorpio........

scorpio wins for me.... tata's havent taken care of their one time big selling car and its out of the race with that ridiculous pricing.. IMO.

lets hope the crdi for the safari is developed and implemented too in double quick time.

till then its the scorpio for me ......handling or no handling.

cheers
Old 6th November 2004, 20:09   #103
Senior - BHPian

If u love someone... u dont leave its faults...but u surely make it improve...dont u!!!!
By the way... i am Scorpio by sunsign...but i have no silly reason to love the Scorpio unecessarily!! If its good.. i will say it is good!!
Even when i own a Tata vehicle... I abuse Tata for their faults too!!
I hate behind the back talking u know... in some parts Tata suck...but in some..then they have a good side too!!
But for this topic...i would seriously suggest...Scorpio atleast today is better than a Safari!! All my personal thoughts!!
Old 6th November 2004, 20:44   #104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (F 50 @ Nov. 06 2004,14:43)] *

wake up f50 o u knwe the damn price diff between the xjr n the two suv s that are being discussed here . . .
n it seems that u dnt realise its an advertisement and no ad ( atleast 95% of dem) realiee make sense . . .
for eg the wind bike which has a man who leaves his house with wet clothes . . so shud the washing machine guys start stockin the bike in their showrooms too . . . .
will Mr. AB keep signin till infinity jus cos he likes a pen ( the rotomac ad ). . .
hope i wasnt rude *, if i was i didn t mean it . .

manson .

manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2004, 23:24   #105
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (manson @ Nov. 06 2004,18:14)]wake up f50 o u knwe the damn price diff between the xjr n the two suv s that are being discussed here . . .
n it seems that u dnt realise its an advertisement and no ad ( atleast 95% of dem) realiee make sense . . .
for eg the wind bike which has a man who leaves his house with wet clothes . . so shud the washing machine guys start stockin the bike in their showrooms too . . . .
will Mr. AB keep signin till infinity jus cos he likes a pen *( the rotomac ad ). . .
hope i wasnt rude *, if i was i didn t mean it . .

manson .
Yeah Manson I very well know its an ad and im not trying to compare any one just trying to point out how can a person leave XJR for Scorpio .... Forget price cant compare a Jag to .... do i need to complete it