Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 16th August 2004, 12:58   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

EuroMotors, under the Dabur Group umbrella, has secured its position as the official importer and distributor of Audi in India.

The TT Coupe will be priced at 32 lakhs, while the luxury sedan will start at Rs.35 lacs. Its confirmed that they are currently undergoing homologation tests at the ARAI.

Bookings will start within a week!!

GTO

Link to entire Times of India Article
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2004, 13:21   #2
BHPian

Not bad at all. Both of the variants are cheaper than their respective Mercedes couterparts which is good news overall. I hate the E-Class and so would prefer the A6 but only if it was the new model. The TT, ehh. It just looks ugly.
GrimReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2004, 13:40   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone have the contact numbers for the showroom in bombay? What about service and stuff? Being fully imported these cars would be hard and expensive to maintain.
The TT is a waste according to me,never really liked the car ...the new A6 is beautiful.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2004, 13:55   #4
Team-BHP Support

32 lakhs for a basic 1.8 turbo TT - that engine will be in the Skoda Blitz - TT is built on the same platform as the old Octavia / Golf 4 - too much
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2004, 22:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

a6 - 35 laks = yesssss
tt - 32 laks = too expensive

wel anyways
audi is here and that is what matters
man wonder what merc and bmw are doin
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2004, 00:12   #6
BHPian

Wow, thats awesome, I care to hoots for the TT cuz its so so..but A6, fheww..thats awesome..35 lakhs, not bad at all..I would love to see it soon and compare it with the old E in terms of space, finally something that might be worthy for old E replacement. The new E is great but just too small for my and my dad's taste..and A6 2.4 V6 would be awesome for that price..I also see a A6 3.0 TDi which would be even better but I guess priced around 40 lakhs again an awesome option for the economical diesel..

Anyhow I cant really wait and see, by when do you think these would be out and ready to buy?

Now cant wait for the A8..

Its awesome that these are the newly redesigned front cars..sweet as hell..

I personally think if they can really build on metro service network with lightning speed they will start to eat the mrkt share for the E..

Also why havent they decided to launch the A3/A4 since they would be soo much better than the bugged C...TT i personally think is a spuid move, that could have come a year or 2 down the line as well..

Cheers..

_Crazi4Speed_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2004, 02:04   #7
Team-BHP Support

Just as a sidenote,
I think a lot of you are underestimating the H-U-G-E fan following the TT has.
Not at all for the performance, but just for the design and styling.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2004, 11:22   #8
BHPian

hey rehan...I have been living in the US for almost 8 years now..but totell you truth..I have sparingly seen a tt..as well as the slk..I know it was huge when it came out but now its like ok another small car..its a great looker but just outdated and only the hardtop looks any good softtops are really ugly and I know audi dealer will give you the car for below invoice..atleast here in chicago..

I am not saying its not a great car, the soul is great but the body is just not upto date..

IMHO..
_Crazi4Speed_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2004, 11:31   #9
BHPian

They are not doubt fine cars, but they are going to be so ridiculously expensive to buy, run and maintain that there is no point...

I'd much rather have the cheaper (American) cars. What do we have to do to get a 2005 Mustang or something?
GreenHex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2004, 13:47   #10
BHPian

Again on a sidenote, GTO the image you posted is NOT the the new A6. I'l post a pic later.
GrimReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2004, 17:32   #11
Senior - BHPian

is this the new 2004 Audi A6 ?

sorry for the poor quality of the pic
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2004, 21:14   #12
Senior - BHPian

Great news....Welcome Audi!!
But is it gonna give a chase onto Merc and Beamer???

Well,really dunt think so....As far as the Indian mentality is concerned,MB for em is the most prestigious brand(IMO).Infact even a lay man knowz bout the MB.So i guess as far as the Audi is concerned,people are just gonna look away and leave it.But the prospective buyers do know wot Audi is all bout.They will surely try n get over the MB thingy for a change(its gettin too monotonous to see merc everywhere).Coupe concept is a new to the Indian market....with just a few MB and BMW Coupes available as options to the buyers.

What do u guys think???
X-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2004, 22:03   #13
Team-BHP Support

Only place where Audi has a dominant market share is in China. Was reading the latest CAR, they say a lot of Audi's styling is influenced by Chinese tastes - hence that snout. Actually, it grows on me. Audi's are nicely made cars and I like their minimalistic style but being fwd based, tend to be lifeless in the steering area
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2004, 15:46   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Audi is all geared up to launch the A8 next month!! At a whopper of 70 lac Rupees. Its going for the S Class big time...

Economic Times Article
Old 15th November 2004, 15:47   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Or is it going to be the walrus front?

GTO