Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 16th September 2007, 20:36   #16
BHPian

lancer handles well..but is it going to be discontinued shortly? need to keep an eye on thhat too.
arunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2007, 23:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

nice avtar pic v1p3r.. was cleaning my monitor a couple of times before realising it !!!
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2007, 23:26   #18
Senior - BHPian

No Ford Ikon ?? Handles and rides very well too.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2007, 23:51   #19
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
No Ford Ikon ?? Handles and rides very well too.
Ikon is replaced by the Fiesta. But yes, Ikon 1.6 is a lovely handler too.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 01:40   #20
BHPian

@ v1per - you gave me a shock.. wondering how the hell ants started targetting my lap top too..after my Spark..

Well in the entry level segment.. I'd rate the Spark well ahead.. got a chassis that handles very well.. and the ride is ultra smooth too. low NVH, low engine noise, soft rubbers and gas filled shocks aiding the same..
Nimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 01:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
@ v1per - you gave me a shock.. wondering how the hell ants started targetting my lap top too..after my Spark..
Hehehehehe...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz
Well in the entry level segment.. I'd rate the Spark well ahead.. got a chassis that handles very well.. and the ride is ultra smooth too. low NVH, low engine noise, soft rubbers and gas filled shocks aiding the same..
Haven't driven the Spark, but the Matiz was quite a sweet handler. Surprising, because you wouldn't think that looking at it. Does the Spark also come with an OE front strut brace, like the Matiz did?
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 09:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

Sure the Matiz handles really well. Have driven the old one bu unfortunately i think it was the 800cc version and i felt it was really underpowered especially for overtaking. Hope the 1.1 engine solves that problem.

And VipEr what is this OE front strut brace. Is it something only the Matiz had.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 09:11   #23

I request to all if you get a chance drive the Fiat Adventure
Amayshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 13:27   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Well the handling is one of the best on the fusion. But i wont say the ride is anywhere near to good. Have heard that there have been some modifications on the suspension of the diesel version. Anyone has any ideas on what are the changes and how the ride and handling have changed?
I heard there is a good amount of roll in this Fusion. So confident feel is lacking in this car when driven at high speeds.
raghutk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 15:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Ikon is replaced by the Fiesta. But yes, Ikon 1.6 is a lovely handler too.
The Ikon 1.6NXT is a lovely handler... It has very good low end RPM range with a Razor sharp steering.... . I have it and have ripped quiet number of Vtec, Baleno, Accent Viva...

I frequently drive between Chennai and Bangalore atleast twice in a month and the roads are good for a GO!
anachronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 22:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghutk View Post
I heard there is a good amount of roll in this Fusion. So confident feel is lacking in this car when driven at high speeds.
Have not experienced any body roll. The suspension is so hard that i dont think you could have any body roll!!!! Of course you feel uncomfortable at high speeds. But that is because you really feel the speed sitting inside due to the road noise, the light feeling of the vehicle and you can get all uneven cuts on the roads on your steering wheel. High speed turns are perfect as far as i have experienced.

Are you talking of the diesel one coz i've heard there are some changes in suspension for the diesel fusion.
Old 17th September 2007, 23:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The Ikon 1.6NXT is a lovely handler... It has very good low end RPM range with a Razor sharp steering.... . I have it and have ripped quiet number of Vtec, Baleno, Accent Viva...

I frequently drive between Chennai and Bangalore atleast twice in a month and the roads are good for a GO!

Ikon 1.6 nxt is a lovely handler no doubt but when you speak of the ride quality, it isn't great shakes.

However a superb combination of ride and handling could be attributed to the Sienna 1.6.
1100D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2007, 00:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amayshenoy View Post
I request to all if you get a chance drive the Fiat Adventure
I have. With OZ rally rims and Michelins. And it understeers like crazy, and has a very very soft rear. In fact, it can keep up with a Safari comfortably over broken roads.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2007, 11:21   #29
Senior - BHPian

I think the Baleno should have a sure win in this race under the 10L category. It seems to be the best place where performance and ride comfort was combined. After all its the only vehicle with mcpherson struts at the rear too right?

But what if we consider the two things apart. I mean which would win in case we look for handling and high speed cornering and which would win in case we just want to cruise around and enjoy a comfortable ride.
Old 18th September 2007, 11:49   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I think the Baleno should have a sure win in this race under the 10L category. It seems to be the best place where performance and ride comfort was combined. After all its the only vehicle with mcpherson struts at the rear too right?

But what if we consider the two things apart. I mean which would win in case we look for handling and high speed cornering and which would win in case we just want to cruise around and enjoy a comfortable ride.
and yes it is the only vehicle with mcpherson struts at the rear.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote