Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 17th September 2007, 23:08   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Innovas are also used as taxis here in Dubai. Got to ride in one today.
Back to the topic, i dont think its a bad idea, considering it would be a low end or mid variant they would be promoting this way, and not the top end version.

i had seen innova taxi's in dubai.. i think they are the ones with lady-drivers...lol

but one more different is tht.. tht the dxb market innova comes either a 2.7v6 petrol or a 3.0Lv6 petrol.. ( either one of em.. i dont remember)
fx45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 23:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
On a related note, I am sure Toyota would be only too happy to fill up the Qualis-void with the Innova.....somehow that has just not happened.
I disagree - the sheer number of Innovas that run as private taxis is mind boggling. And on top of that its an equal mix of the V version and the lower end version.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2007, 00:23   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar2007 View Post
Mercs are used as cabs in Germany. I think they still sell a fair number as pvt cars?
The day Merc promotes its cars as cabs is the day Merc will lose half its customers. Private owner using a car for taxi purposes (Rolls Royce and Maybachs are used as taxis in Vegas) and the company itself promoting its cars as taxis are two different things.

In the US many people do not like to buy the Ford Crown Victoria because it is used as a cop car and some use it as cab.
Mayavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2007, 01:22   #19
BHPian

I remember taking a Merc cab in Bangkok back in 1981! They were very common then.

Cheers

Nattusbs
Nattusbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2007, 01:23   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
i had seen innova taxi's in dubai.. i think they are the ones with lady-drivers...lol
OFF TOPIC :

I disagree. They come with male drivers.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2007, 09:52   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfrog View Post
They are very much aware that Qualis now commands a premium in the 2nd hand market (I am not too sure of this...)
Spot on with that, bullfrog. Some Qualis' enjoy better resale than Innovas of the same vintage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I disagree - the sheer number of Innovas that run as private taxis is mind boggling. And on top of that its an equal mix of the V version and the lower end version.
Yup, there certainly are a good number of Innovas being used as Taxis. But the number pales in comparison to that of the Qualis.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2007, 23:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

While this was about the dealer promoting the Innova as a taxi, I have been hearing advts. about Toyota offering a vacation to Japan alongwith exciting offers on the Innova and Corolla nowadays.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote