Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 26th September 2007, 10:57   #46
Team-BHP Support

The on-board computer shouldnt be the benchmark against which we claim mileage. Tankful to tankful should be the norm, even in that the autocut off from possibly the same bunk should be ensured, as far as possible.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 10:58   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Mutual Funds are subject to market risks, read the offer document carefully investing
carefully *before* investing
ballkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 11:52   #48
BHPian

Cool Logan...no thanks

This turns out to be quite a funny thread with all the initial posts.....had a good laugh.....One of my friends was planning to go for a logan....India's first widebody car ....my bot*** . It is not a vehicle to go for. Rather buy an indica turbo diesel it is a kickass car. He finally is planning to settle for hyundai accent gls a 2002 model. He is still considering swift. Waiting for the verdict from him... I sure had a tough time choosing mine.....
lancersfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 12:18   #49
BHPian

Default Logan at 40,000 discount ?

I read today in economictimes that like some other manufacturers, Logan dealerships are also offering discount. And that too Rs 40,000. Is that true ?
saurabhb2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 11:31   #50
BHPian

Default Logan Mileage record

Chek this out guyz! I never liked logan but my thoughts have changed. Its incredible.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Logan_Mileage.pdf (921.3 KB, 431 views)
kunal2202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 11:37   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal2202 View Post
Chek this out guyz! I never liked logan but my thoughts have changed. Its incredible.
Nobody ever complained about its mileage. The only problem it ha"d" was the pricing gone horribly wrong. However, its seems like mahindra is sorting that issue as well. Btw, I saw the car today at Dahisar Checknaka
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2009, 20:05   #52
Senior - BHPian

Mega Mileage is just marketing they did which is also didn't help to boost the sales.

But still Diesel Logan is best fuel efficient Sedan and it gives FE between 16 - 24 with AC on in Bangalore City and highway based on traffic conditions. Its very very silent compared with every Diesel car, I am telling this after I travelled in Diesel Logan.

In Bangalore price is:

Logan Petrol : 1.6 GLS-ABS. On road price is 7.15 and Free Insurance worth 17k and extentd warranty 12k and cash discount 15k. So effective on road price is around 6.65 lacs which is very good price for Sedan like Logan.

Diesel Logan 1.5 DLS-ABS. On road price is 8.50lacs. same discount as Petrol and final price is 8 lacs.

But Diesel Logan is overpriced by at least 45,000/- I feel because it sells more than Petrol thats the premium price. For private use I found Petrol Logan is best VFM for 6.65lacs fully loaded.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 18:21   #53

Overdrive provided a photo of the on-board display showing some 31.0 kmpl.. how is that possible if they cheated??
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2015, 15:14   #54
BHPian

Default Re: Overdrive Logan Mega mileage run- 35.72kmpl!

Well, the post is too old but the topic in question is yet again open... I recently read Diesel Ford Figo Aspire claiming a mileage of 42Kmpl. It looks genuine but surely needs more validation. I could clock 25 kmpl on my day to day runs of my figo(when i started to office early in the morning and only came back post midnight). I wasn't focusing on mileage but was very easy with the car. I think, it is possible to get a mileage which is claimed if it is driven in the exact format. What do you say guys???
joelchandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2015, 16:07   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelchandra View Post
Well, the post is too old but the topic in question is yet again open... I recently read Diesel Ford Figo Aspire claiming a mileage of 42Kmpl. It looks genuine but surely needs more validation. I could clock 25 kmpl on my day to day runs of my figo(when i started to office early in the morning and only came back post midnight). I wasn't focusing on mileage but was very easy with the car. I think, it is possible to get a mileage which is claimed if it is driven in the exact format. What do you say guys???
You are right, it is possible to get stunning mileage in short bursts but what really counts is how much you get tankfull-to-tankfull. That according to me is the true barometer of measuring a car's efficiency. Also, mileage differs from person to person, its varies according to the driving style.

What I am curious to know is how is ARAI mileage calculated? I currently think it is done in a closed chamber where the car runs on a dynamometer kind of device where the car is stationery but the wheels turn
TheARUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2015, 18:15   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
You are right, it is possible to get stunning mileage in short bursts but what really counts is how much you get tankfull-to-tankfull. That according to me is the true barometer of measuring a car's efficiency. Also, mileage differs from person to person, its varies according to the driving style.
This drive was from Bangalore to Mumbai in the Ford Aspire. Recently, i was on a trip in my SX4(petrol) from Hyderabad to Mumbai and since we were travelling in a convoy of more than 3 cars, the speed was maintained well. My speedo was mostly at 80kmph. I got an immaculate mileage of 16kmpl. In my 9 years of owning this car and 70000Kms of driving this car, it never gave me that incredible mileage. I was wondering if the same run is done at a consistent speeds of 60kmph and without the AC running, I can achieve another 2-3kmpl. Will try this sometime on the GQ or Hyd-Blr Highway.

Quote:
What I am curious to know is how is ARAI mileage calculated? I currently think it is done in a closed chamber where the car runs on a dynamometer kind of device where the car is stationery but the wheels turn

Even i am curious. Earlier, i would always consider a couple of kms less mileage that what ARAI specifies(For e.g if Alto is rated at 18kmpl by ARAI, I would consider 16kmpl as a acceptable real world mileage) However, my figo's ARAI was 21kmpl, but there are many times, i got 23kmpl(tankfull - tankfull method)

Last edited by joelchandra : 22nd December 2015 at 18:36.
joelchandra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote