Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2007, 22:46   #601
Senior - BHPian
 
rider60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bhagyanagaram. (A.K.A. Hyderabad)
Posts: 1,619
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Thats truly a biased report by ACI.

i would agree these auto mags, at least in my opinion are very biased at times.

i would say why not wait and test the top speeds and acceleration for ourselves?
rider60 is offline  
Old 12th November 2007, 02:11   #602
BHPian
 
Hyundai.Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 344
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
i would agree these auto mags, at least in my opinion are very biased at times.

i would say why not wait and test the top speeds and acceleration for ourselves?
may be their test drivers are pretty lame/
Hyundai.Lover is offline  
Old 13th November 2007, 08:35   #603
BHPian
 
Anju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 175
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Guya,

here is the review of GEtz CRDI by BS motoring.

Top Story - Getz, set, go - Business Standard Motoring

cheers
Anju
Anju is offline  
Old 15th November 2007, 18:50   #604
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Hyundai has recalibrated the speedo to 220 for the Getz CRDi as opposed to the 200 for the petrol, seems the Getz is capable of doing 200.
BUSA is offline  
Old 15th November 2007, 19:45   #605
BHPian
 
Hyundai.Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 344
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Hyundai has recalibrated the speedo to 220 for the Getz CRDi as opposed to the 200 for the petrol, seems the Getz is capable of doing 200.
Gearbox will surely support it as Verna VGT can touch 200 kmph mark.
Hyundai.Lover is offline  
Old 15th November 2007, 21:07   #606
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
When did ACI choose a car for having 'adequate for everyday driving' ?
When did ACI go anti Hyundai?? And a very pro Suzuki comment??

Surprising times it is for sure!
speedzak is offline  
Old 15th November 2007, 21:55   #607
BHPian
 
Hyundai.Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 344
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
When did ACI go anti Hyundai?? And a very pro Suzuki comment??

Surprising times it is for sure!
Let us see their review on i10 in dec. edition.
Hyundai.Lover is offline  
Old 16th November 2007, 00:53   #608
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,944
Thanked: 16,627 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
When did ACI go anti Hyundai?? And a very pro Suzuki comment??

Surprising times it is for sure!
Did everyone miss OD results?

They say Getz CRDi makes a good alternative TO the Swift, and not a good alternative THAN the Swift. Further saying that if money doesn't matter, take the Getz, otherwise you just cant go wrong with a Swift.

Both the magazines are saying the same thing.
Car for car- hyundai Getz is better. However, is hugely overpriced!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 16th November 2007 at 00:54.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline  
Old 16th November 2007, 01:25   #609
BHPian
 
Hyundai.Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 344
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Did everyone miss OD results?

They say Getz CRDi makes a good alternative TO the Swift, and not a good alternative THAN the Swift. Further saying that if money doesn't matter, take the Getz, otherwise you just cant go wrong with a Swift.

Both the magazines are saying the same thing.
Car for car- hyundai Getz is better. However, is hugely overpriced!
What about the fun? Ofcourse getz crdi is a real fun.

A huge difference between the performance of both the cars. Getz Engine is directly imported from Korea thats why the performance is awesome and price is a big high (due to some taxes etc.).

But my money is there simply on Getz CRDi. But because it is a hyundai. But because of the lovely Engine VGT under its hood.
Hyundai.Lover is offline  
Old 16th November 2007, 01:56   #610
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

I think I will never ever buy a Getz CRDI in it's current form. A crazy powered engine under the hood and not even an ABS option! Ridiculous. Why can't it be an option atleast?
I have more complains. The interior looks typical Korean with very cheap looking wood trim and good for nothing plastics with unmatching colours. Not my taste for a good car interior.
The only reason to go for Getz is the solid construction when compared to Swift. It rattles much lesser. Eventhough, Getz shows it's age very early unless taken good care.
It also sports the wrong (and crooked too) H in the automobile industry.
Guys! You have to understand, I'm the biggest Hyundai hater here na!
I haven't test driven the car yet. (we have to sign some application form and wait for years it seems here)
I can guess the driveability of the Getz won't be much of a fun in the city. And in the highways (where this car is supposed to be pushed above couple a hundred speeds) Getz may act like a boat due to the lousy suspension setup Hyundai makes especially for India. Swift scores well in both the departments. We have taken the Swift vdi to 170+ with 205/50/15" tires and it was begging for more on highway.
Hyundai is now becoming prone to quality issues too. Critical parts failing, defective spare parts, not good as earlier service jobs, etc... See, I told you I'm going to complain. LOL!

I love my Swift VDI. Now, waiting for the ABS equipped one to arrive home. Yes, a second VDI is coming soon to my parent's place. It has ABS and will get Pete's for sure. Dad didn't even want to consider the Getz CRDI after the marketing executive from Hyundai had an appointment with him.
speedzak is offline  
Old 16th November 2007, 08:01   #611
BHPian
 
Hyundai.Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 344
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
I think I will never ever buy a Getz CRDI in it's current form. A crazy powered engine under the hood and not even an ABS option! Ridiculous. Why can't it be an option atleast?
I have more complains. The interior looks typical Korean with very cheap looking wood trim and good for nothing plastics with unmatching colours. Not my taste for a good car interior.
The only reason to go for Getz is the solid construction when compared to Swift. It rattles much lesser. Eventhough, Getz shows it's age very early unless taken good care.
It also sports the wrong (and crooked too) H in the automobile industry.
Guys! You have to understand, I'm the biggest Hyundai hater here na!
I haven't test driven the car yet. (we have to sign some application form and wait for years it seems here)
I can guess the driveability of the Getz won't be much of a fun in the city. And in the highways (where this car is supposed to be pushed above couple a hundred speeds) Getz may act like a boat due to the lousy suspension setup Hyundai makes especially for India. Swift scores well in both the departments. We have taken the Swift vdi to 170+ with 205/50/15" tires and it was begging for more on highway.
Hyundai is now becoming prone to quality issues too. Critical parts failing, defective spare parts, not good as earlier service jobs, etc... See, I told you I'm going to complain. LOL!

I love my Swift VDI. Now, waiting for the ABS equipped one to arrive home. Yes, a second VDI is coming soon to my parent's place. It has ABS and will get Pete's for sure. Dad didn't even want to consider the Getz CRDI after the marketing executive from Hyundai had an appointment with him.
First of all congrates for the new Swift.
If you havnt driven the car then how can you say Suspension being soft? If verna have soft suspension means getz crdi would also have soft one?
I guess not.

No Offense: "H" never had same core features like steering, seats, chasis, suspension, Over HYPES etc like "you know what i'm talking about". Dudy we had enough conversation bet. Getz and swift's built. Swift is a bit ahead due to engine as getz petrol is a 12v car i guess. Built quality? Space? Anyways forget it. read the next one common for both the cars no "H" no "Suzuki".

Ok Guys!! anyone noticed one thing in Getz CRDi?
If we compare disc brakes bet. swift and getz crdi.
Getz CRDi have bigger disc brakes than swift.
Swift: 194 mm disc
Getz CRDi: 241 mm disc

They are big disc in Getz CRDi.

I would had gone for Getz CRDi and would had spend a lil bit amount for 1 more pair of disc.

Ok tell me one thing...
How many people have Swift with ABS?
Swift can touch high speeds above 160 kmph on highways.
How many people will take this VGT beast to 180-190-200 mark. Ok fine just for playing around one can take it to that speed.
But Indian Roads are like wow! lol we cant even maintain a 140 kmph speed for long.
I'm not saying ABS is not useful. Me myself have ABS in my car and saved me many times. thanks to abs but my ques is... Getz crdi can reach 160 kmph mark much much before than swift. and most of the people running swift without ABS.

Either companies should give ABS in all the cars or people are not much aware of the ABS ? and companies are taking full profit of it.

How many people knows what is ABS and whats the use of it and how to take full use of ABS.

How many people steered their car left or right while applying emergency brakes with ABS installed? or How many people know they can easily steer the car? How many is quick to respond to ABS and having control over the car?

Ans. Very few.

It is the Indian Janta, who compromise a lot and happy with the low grade interiors and security measures and companies are taking full use of it.

Indian Govt. is also responsible for it. They don't allow companies to bring good products at cheap price.

In America, Security in a car is the first preference. Why Cars are so cheap in America if compared to India. We can have Sonata there at the price of Verna here. Concept Genesis just 30k usd there and here only sonata.

If people buy swift without abs, then why not for getz?
Why this thing is hyped?

Anyone please ans. my ques.
Thanx

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 16th November 2007 at 08:12.
Hyundai.Lover is offline  
Old 16th November 2007, 08:10   #612
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post

It also sports the wrong (and crooked too) H in the automobile industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Swift scores well in both the departments. We have taken the Swift vdi to 170+ with 205/50/15" tires and it was begging for more on highway.
Thats because u were only doing 158kmph +.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Hyundai is now becoming prone to quality issues too. Critical parts failing, defective spare parts, not good as earlier service jobs, etc... See, I told you I'm going to complain. LOL!
Even Swift has issues. Clutch, rattling doors and the latest is this

Last edited by kpzen : 16th November 2007 at 08:12.
kpzen is offline  
Old 16th November 2007, 10:19   #613
BHPian
 
Anju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 175
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Price apart Getz is far far better car/product compare to Swift anytime.

I think most of the folks are always biased towards Maruti Swift.
Apart from brand, I think one major factor that goes with Swift is Price which is SO much important to buyers in India. Even Homa Sorabji of Autocar India(CNBCTV18 Auto Show) gives biased views. Since he's Maruti,he talks about good of Swift while not cribbing about minuses too much. Where as for Getz all the minuses(especially price) are higlighted with lot of noise. So it depends which one you like, then you talk for that...
For example, when we talk about Honda City, no one talks about price !!

Some of my perspective on Hyundai,
Getz may not be for masses, it could for niche segment who loves power. Agreed, it should have had GLS features, agreed it should've had ABS option. I think Hyundai too did bad job with that. It has VGT and they never use that in advertisment. Had maruti had VGT then everyone would have known by now. DDiS launch reached so well to common man where as only geeks like us knows the CRDI-VGT. Does anyone remember Sania with Getz ? and now deilvery of the Getz D only in Jan-08 last week or by 2nd week Feb-08 !!. Now thats very bad from Hyundai ain't it ?

I admire DDiS Fiat engine of Swift,its color options,handling,good variants and thats pretty much it.

I love Getz's CRDI VGT,space,built/ride quality,better ergonomics such as tilt steering large views/front and rear,rear seat flexibility etc etc.
But not happy with how Hyndai is killing this car by bad promos,delivery time,lack of good variants(GLS,ABS etc).
If I were Hyundai I would've launched Ex shr. 5.45-GVS, 5.65-GLS, 5.9 GLX but Hyundai doesn't think it cant make profit with above pricing -.

I think Hyundai makes better Quality products than Suzuki.
We are owners of 800/Swift and Accent CRDI/Getz 1.3GLS.
I am making this comment without being biased to anyone.

As customer you need good product, it doesn't matter who makes it Japan's H or Korean H.
Honda,Toyota have recalled Civic,Accord's and many other models because of Quality problems. So this is very common in Auto Industry and no car makers is spared n recalls.

People who talks that cheap Korean, this Indian, I feel are immature statements in this globalised world. Never underestimate anyone and Be appreciative of everyone.


Cheers
Anju
Anju is offline  
Old 16th November 2007, 10:27   #614
BHPian
 
dins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 80
Thanked: 0 Times
Thumbs up hello

hello guys

Just took delivery of Getz diesel....the car is rocking .....I did upgrade the tyres after consulting to Mr.Viper(jignesh bhai)...thanks for your valuable advice Viper
dins is offline  
Old 16th November 2007, 10:34   #615
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dins View Post
hello guys

Just took delivery of Getz diesel....the car is rocking .....I did upgrade the tyres after consulting to Mr.Viper(jignesh bhai)...thanks for your valuable advice Viper

The First @ TBHP!

Congrats

Do start a new thread about it and include a review.
jkdas is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra to unveil new Gusto 110 cc scooter at Auto Expo 2014 EDIT: Now Launched Aditya Motorbikes 7 16th September 2016 20:57
My Renault Duster 110 BHP RXL. EDIT: 25000 kms, Phase 2 accessories report suchit23 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 142 21st July 2015 21:45
Mahindra Centuro 110 launched at a price of 45,000 rupees JayPrashanth Motorbikes 17 25th August 2014 17:17
LML Freedom 110 re-launched in Delhi JayPrashanth Motorbikes 2 11th June 2013 18:12
CB Twister - Honda's 110 cc offering spied EDIT - Now Launched ravi@64bhp Motorbikes 40 17th May 2010 11:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks