Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 2nd November 2007, 15:24   #541
BHPian

I think the Magna, which can closely be compared with the other rivals (fully loaded rivals) is costlier by ~20 - 40k.

I think it is fair enough - given the new looks and new promises. Well, for me the formula looks simple.

Wait for the following :
1. Self TD
2. ACI/Team-BHP reviews
3. If the 1 and 2 are OK, then Discounts

Waiting for a month or two will answer everything. You can then decide if the relatively high price (if there are no discounts) is really worth paying...
Old 2nd November 2007, 15:55   #542
Senior - BHPian

Discounts will not be available initially but they will come around at a later stage. I spoke to the Hyundai dealer, the AT will be offered in the Era only and not the Magnum. So they are sticking to not offering AT in the top end model. The Santro AT used to be in the XL version.
Old 2nd November 2007, 16:02   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
The Santro AT used to be in the XL version.
Nope....it used to come in the Xing XG version, not the XL. The XG was one version below the top end version which was the XS.
Old 2nd November 2007, 16:32   #544
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samirsarkar View Post
Nope....it used to come in the Xing XG version, not the XL. The XG was one version below the top end version which was the XS.

now XO

and what the engine specs of I10?
Old 2nd November 2007, 17:10   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Pelase note that i10 is aimed to people who look for 2nd small luxury car. Its perfect car for such people and for innovative minds who need safety, luxury together.
Ravibhat,

Whats the *innovative mind* thing you are talking about? If buying a so-called upmarket product is manifestation of an *innovative mind*, we have way too many innovators in the world!

Though, I probably have the causal relation goofed up, I am tempted to ask. Would a corollary be also true? Would buying an i10 make me innovative? Atleast, would it create a general perception that I am innovative. If it does, it might be a wise investment

Thank you,
Su-47
Old 4th November 2007, 14:08   #546
Senior - BHPian

Pics of the i10........at one of the HYundai Dealerships in Chennai

Old 4th November 2007, 19:45   #547
BHPian

i love the blue colour . the dealer told me that AT version is still some time away... well anyway will buy this car next year and will trade my santroAT with i10 AT... saw the car it looked really good the built quality was awesome, from inside it looked bigger than the santro, the interiors looked like mini verna.
Old 4th November 2007, 23:23   #548

When I saw the car first time in Advait, car was looking great but I felt head lamps shape is bit odd, but today I was visiting the showroom again. Saw rare earth color, my friend felt the car looks like a lizard with those popping out head lamps!
second thoughts ... reverting to getz prime 1.1
Old 4th November 2007, 23:45   #549
HSV
BHPian

The unofficial news is that the A/T would be available by Dec 07 for delivery. However it would be available only in the Era model and not in Magna.

If this is true then that does it for me! I guess I'd have 2 start looking elsewhere. What a waste :( .
Old 5th November 2007, 10:43   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
The unofficial news is that the A/T would be available by Dec 07 for delivery. However it would be available only in the Era model and not in Magna.

If this is true then that does it for me! I guess I'd have 2 start looking elsewhere. What a waste :( .
Both dealers in Pune tell me AT will come in Jan and it's not launched. However Hyundai call center guy says, its there.

One of Hyundai guy tells me Hyundai is launching more varients of i10 and some other cars like Getz D in auto axpo 08 at New Delhi, it will launch i 10 AT, i 10 CRDI 1.1 and may be i 10 1.3 Petrol as well.

For NON AT models as well it's 4-6 weeks waiting in Pune.
I do not see any option other than to wait till Jan.
For AT my options are
1. i 10 AT
2. Fabia AT ( if comes)
3. Honda CVT ( if no one comes below 7 lac)
4. Spalsh AT ( if it comes)
5. Wagon R AT
I am sure, Fiat, TATA, Toyata, M&M, will never come with AT in small cars or in SUV below 7-8 lac.

Our automakers can not make a good small car / sedan with
AT + ABS + EBD + Airbags + Alloy .
Old 5th November 2007, 11:00   #551
BHPian

I have been to Trident Hyundai yesterday to check out the new i10 (I was there on 1st nov too but the shop remained closed because of kannda rajyotsava).Couldnt test drive the car as the demo car isnt ready et.But sales guy has promissed to gimme a call as soon as the demo car arrives.

Here are the on road prices in Blore

DLite - NM 391883
Dlie - M 396122
Era-NM 432245
Era-M 436526
Magna NM 459546
Magna M 463825
Magna O NM 546330
Magna O M 550590
Magna O NM SR 564277
Magna O M SR 568477
Old 5th November 2007, 11:50   #552
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkanitkar View Post
Our automakers can not make a good small car / sedan with
AT + ABS + EBD + Airbags + Alloy
They most certainly can, they just do not want to expend resources in addressing what constitutes to be less than ~2% of the product's market.

Things might change in the future, though!
Old 5th November 2007, 12:10   #553
Awaiting Email Confirmation

All members have posted great impressions of this car, and it was fun to read and follow the discussion.

And after having seen this car, I am feeling a bit sorry for TATA.

Inspite of having the diesel advantage (how long?), more interior volume, being a segment larger and delivering more 'value' with the pricing, their new-All-new Indica will struggle to equal the sales performance of i10. And Hyundai are most likely making more profit per unit, and the overall program too.

This car is proof that decent looking exterior+interior can be done on a budget, even in India. Without compromising the build quality. And that just because a car is designed to be made cheap does not mean it has to look and feel cheap as well.

Good going Hyundai.

Not much hope for TATA at the top end of hatch segment either as its going to be dominated by the current crop of cars, and eventually the Getz replacement.

Ratan & Co. better start praying that their 1.2 lac golf kart sell in obscene numbers. And that they actually make some profit on the whole program.
Old 5th November 2007, 12:19   #554
Senior - BHPian

Surprisingly looks good for a hyundai. Would be nice to have a TD though.
Old 5th November 2007, 12:23   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post

Ratan & Co. better start praying that their 1.2 lac golf kart sell in obscene numbers. And that they actually make some profit on the whole program.
Well SuperSyn, agreed it is a very good car, and the heat will be felt by the competition including Maruti and TATAs, but what I cannot understand is wheather you are a TATA hater or Sold on Hyndai.
Closed Thread